Brewer Fanatic

Hello… setting up Brewers/Pilots Diamond Mind simulation; looking for participants

gmlbfan

Hello everyone,

My name is Greg and I just joined the Brewerfan.net forum. Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and give you some background information.

I was born and raised in Milwaukee and I have followed the Brewers since 1970. I now live in Rochester, NY so there aren't a lot of Brewer fans in the neighborhood. (But lots of Packer fans!) My main areas of interest are player ratings and baseball simulations along with Negro Leagues history and players.

My current project is putting together a league made up entirely of Brewers/Pilots players from 1969-2015 and playing out the season using the Diamond Mind simulation found over at Imagine Sports. I don't work for IS or receive anything for putting this league together, I'm just looking for Brewer fans who would be interested in participating.

Before I post any details or links, I want to make sure that the board mods are ok with this sort of thing and assure them that this league is a one-time attempt to recruit some interested participants and will not turn into a never ending infomercial for another website.

Thanks!

gmlbfan

We're fine with this, so go ahead. I've moved this thread to Off Topic, though, so it can have greater visibility.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The Micro Brew League is a 12-team custom league found on the Imagine Sports website. Twelve participants draft a 28-player roster of players and play each other in simulated games using the Diamond Mind baseball simulation. You are both GM and manager of the team, activating or reserving players and setting the lineups for your games. In this league, each owner chooses a “player pack” of 7 players that will remain on your roster for the entire season. There are currently 8 "player Packs" that have been claimed. I will not claim one until we get to 12 players in the league. At that point I will take the last pack available.

Here are the basics:

The season is 162 games long. Games are played 3 times per day every day of the week except Sunday.

You do not have to be online together to play- Those are called "Live Games" and are not being used in this league.

The team payroll for this league is 110 million, the salaries are determined by the Diamond Mind website where the games are played.

Each league has 12 teams, we need 4 more to start playing games.

The pool of players for this league are Pilots/Brewers from 1969-2015. The minimums for the initial draft are 150PA for position players, 50 IP for relief pitchers, and 15 games started for starting pitchers.

Rosters are 28 players, you will draft 21 additional players with about 60 million to spend to complete your roster.

Drafting the players takes place on the Imagine Sports website, it’s easy to do because once you enter the criteria above, a list of eligible players to choose from will be generated for you. It will not let you go over budget or pick the same player twice.

Here is a link to the Imagine Sports website home page http://www.imaginesports.com

Here is a link to the Micro Brew League information thread http://www.imaginesports.com/bball/manage/board/view/popup?postID=497746&curTeam=

If you have any questions, post them here and I'll answer as soon as possible. Thanks!

Here is a sample write up of one of the available teams:

California Blonde Ale- The team is named in honor of the player who produced the greatest season ever by a Brewer position player; shortstop Robin Yount. Although he was born in Illinois, Yount was drafted out of a California high school by the Brew Crew and is joined by 3 other Cal residents on the roster. Jason Kendall is a cheap everyday catcher, Khris Davis provides some righthanded pop and the versatile Mark Knudson can start or pitch in relief. Seventies star Dave May offers some protection for Yount in the lineup and Ron Belliard is a capable player at a thin position. Jerry Augustine is no more than a 4th starter type, so this team is going to have to draft some pitching right away.

73 May CF 9.7 million

76 Augustine SP 4.3

82 Yount SS 19.2

89 Knudson P 4.6

01 Belliard 2B 4.2

08 Kendall C 1.7

14 KDavis LF 6.0

Total 49.7 million

The number that appears before the player’s name i.e. 82 Yount indicates the season you are drafting for that player. In a case like Don Sutton, even though he pitched in just 6 games for the Brewers in 1982, his entire season is what you get. So his stat line would be 17-9, 250 IP, and a 3.06 ERA.

http://i66.tinypic.com/n30uhh.jpg

One more...

The Bock Beer player pack features a collection of German surnames and a three deep pitching rotation. Ryan Braun is the star of the lineup with help from DH Kevin Reimer and OF Rich Becker versus righties. Keith Ginter should be a regular at 2B but otherwise this team’s lineup card has some holes to fill. Zack Greinke and Moose Haas head the rotation with Lew Krausse at the number 3 spot. Relief pitching is proabably the deepest position in the player pool so the bullpen can be addressed later in the draft once the lineup is in place.

11 Braun LF 17.3 million

12 Greinke SP 9.2

03 Ginter 2B 3.9

99 Becker OF 2.0

93 Reimer DH 2.4

80 Haas SP 8.8

71 Krausse SP 3.9

Total 49.4 million

http://i68.tinypic.com/259ep0j.jpg

Citrus Cervesa- A pitching-heavy package for those who like to win games 3-1 instead of 12-9. There is a distinct Mexican influence here as front line starters Teddy Higuera and Yovani Gallardo both hail from Mexico as well as setup man Juan Acevedo.

This team is set for starters up the middle with catcher Daryl Porter, shortstop J. J. Hardy, and center fielder Wayne Comer. Third sacker and Florida-born Gary Sheffield adds an element of citrus, power, and speed to this home brew pack made for hot summer days.

69 Comer CF 5.4 million

75 Porter C 4.4

88 Higuera SP 16.8

90 Sheffield 3B 4.9

00 Acevedo RP 2.7

08 Hardy SS 7.1

12 Gallardo SP 8.7

Total 50.0 million

http://i65.tinypic.com/2qbdgmp.jpg

Pale Pilsner- The Micro Leagues most balanced brew. Mike Hegan from the left side and Corey Hart from the right with the switch-hitting catcher Simmons in between will give opposing teams headaches as they try to match pitchers with hitters in the late innings. Fernando Vina handles the bat well versus any pitcher, and he and Hegan give this team air tight defense on the right side of the infield. Eldred and Travers are a balanced pair of starters who can handle opposing hitters from the opposite side. Closer Trevor Hoffman is deadly to righties and highly effective when facing port side swingers as well, further limiting platoon strategies late in the game.

70 Hegan 1B 5.7 million

76 Travers SP 6.4

83 Simmons C 7.4

93 Eldred SP 7.1

98 Vina 2B 7.8

09 Hoffman CL 6.1

10 Hart RF 8.5

Total 49.0 million

http://i67.tinypic.com/a9mh5h.jpg

The final team pack is Vanilla Porter. This team is made up of solid but unspectacular players who are more steak than sizzle. Not much bat flipping or fist pumping from this group, just solid baseball featuring the leagues best all-around catcher. Jonathan Lucroy is behind the plate while Greg Brock mans first base and Don Money the hot corner. Kevin Seitzer can DH or play the infield corners and Jim Wohlford adds some depth to the outfield. Bill Wegman and Chris Capuano head the rotation. The team needs outfielders and a bullpen but having Lucroy means the offense is already a step ahead of the other teams in the league.

74 Money 3B 9.2 million

77 Wohlford OF 1.7

87 Brock 1B 6.6

91 Wegman SP 8.2

97 Seitzer DH/1B 7.9

08 Capuano SP 3.8

14 Lucroy C 12.5

Total 49.9 million

http://i63.tinypic.com/sdh56w.jpg

Archived