Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-11 Brewers (Jungmann) at Cardinals (Wacha), 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-1]

1992casey
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time for Robby Uecker to break out some old stories about how he sucked as a baseball player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has had to entertain so many time because of games like this throughout Brewer history, that he is probably telling the same story for the 20th time.

Bill Schroeder is proud (his word) of the fact that he's pronouncing Chequamegon correctly. The problem is that he isn't. The "qu" is silent.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Can't remember...who did we trade Eric Fryer from? I loved following him in A-ball as a LF/C as he put up good OBP numbers and steals. We dealt Komatsu for Hairston. I think we sent Fryer to the Yankees.

Can't remember...who did we trade Eric Fryer from? I loved following him in A-ball as a LF/C as he put up good OBP numbers and steals. We dealt Komatsu for Hairston. I think we sent Fryer to the Yankees.

Chase Wright

Just checked the score now and wow what an abomination. Any reason why CC left Jungmann in there through 8ER when it appears it was pretty obvious he was horrific?

Because CC lacks creativity like most managers. Set in their ways with how staffs are used. That game should've been pieced together from the 2nd inning on. Right away when he was in trouble in the second. You have the day off tomorrow and a guy like Cravy is going no where. Send him down if you blow him out early in the season and get the next rag arm up. Stupid managing and a horrible start today didn't give this team a prayer at competiting.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just checked the score now and wow what an abomination. Any reason why CC left Jungmann in there through 8ER when it appears it was pretty obvious he was horrific?

Because CC lacks creativity like most managers. Set in their ways with how staffs are used. That game should've been pieced together from the 2nd inning on. Right away when he was in trouble in the second. You have the day off tomorrow and a guy like Cravy is going no where. Send him down if you blow him out early in the season and get the next rag arm up. Stupid managing and a horrible start today didn't give this team a prayer at competiting.

A little harsh, isn't it? Cravy gave up 2 of Jungmann's runs. Plus, this year isn't about wins and losses, it's about development. We'll see Broxton, Flores, Rivera, and the pitching staff take many lumps this year. But that's because we want them to have chances to succeed, struggle, and make adjustments. I know we were all frustrated early with Gomez and happy to hand the job to Tony Plush, but in the end our patience was rewarded. Gomez got 3 seasons of failure, I think we can give guys more than a few innings or bad starts

A little harsh, isn't it? Cravy gave up 2 of Jungmann's runs. Plus, this year isn't about wins and losses, it's about development. We'll see Broxton, Flores, Rivera, and the pitching staff take many lumps this year. But that's because we want them to have chances to succeed, struggle, and make adjustments. I know we were all frustrated early with Gomez and happy to hand the job to Tony Plush, but in the end our patience was rewarded. Gomez got 3 seasons of failure, I think we can give guys more than a few innings or bad starts

In Cravys defense...throwing seven pitches in bullpen before getting the call didn't help. Davies coming up Sunday so Cravy will be down. We should of had guys warming up in pen after a couple hits in the second.

I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if someone else mentioned this: I think Jungmann is tipping his pitches. I thought he executed most of his pitches pretty well, and the Cardinals just jumped on everything like they knew what he was throwing on every pitch. It is possible that their hitters are just really dialed in right now and Jungmann was "off", but I suspect there is more going on
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I'm not saying give up on Jungmann at all. I actually like him quite a bit. You trot him out there in another 5 days. But yesterday this game was all but lost after the 3rd because we tried to get through as many innings with him as we could. And for no real reason. You have a day off today and you have guys like Cravy, Cappy, etc... who are a dime a dozen so use them and try to hold the fort and just maybe the offense could've got going. Chances are we still lose by a bunch but it might give you a punchers chance.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not saying give up on Jungmann at all. I actually like him quite a bit. You trot him out there in another 5 days. But yesterday this game was all but lost after the 3rd because we tried to get through as many innings with him as we could. And for no real reason. You have a day off today and you have guys like Cravy, Cappy, etc... who are a dime a dozen so use them and try to hold the fort and just maybe the offense could've got going. Chances are we still lose by a bunch but it might give you a punchers chance.

The game was over at the end of the first. The Brewers win probability was at about 20%. At that the end of the second it was 8%. So no you don't just throw guys out there in a game that was basically already over.

The offense had scored 3.5 runs per game coming into yesterday. After the second inning it was pretty much over. The goal at that point was to see if Jungmann could pull himself out of it like Kuechel did on Sunday after his nightmare first. Obviously he didnt do it, but there is no reason to go through an entire bullpen in early April on a lost cause game.

Archived