Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-11 Brewers (Jungmann) at Cardinals (Wacha), 3:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 11 | 3:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (3-3) | Cards (3-3)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_jungmann-taylor-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/cardinals_wacha-michael-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]0-0, 1.80 ERA, 1.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann held San Francisco to one earned run over five innings in his season debut. The right hander was removed after just 80 pitches. He allowed six runs in five innings in his lone start against St. Louis in 2015.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Michael Wacha[/pitcher][h2]0-0, 8.31 ERA, 2.54 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Wacha will start his second Cards home opener. He struggled to have much success with his changeup in his season debut, but he otherwise felt the mechanical changes he made late in spring training benefited his command.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  8. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®
  9. CF Keon Broxton ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. LF Jeremy Hazelbaker (L)
  3. 1B Matt Holliday ®
  4. RF Stephen Piscotty ®
  5. CF Randal Grichuk ®
  6. C Yadier Molina ®
  7. 2B Kolten Wong (L)
  8. SS Aledmys Díaz ®
  9. RHP Michael Wacha ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the rain will move out by game time but it is going to be pretty sloppy out there.

A 2.54 WHIP is pretty impressive even it was only one game.

Yup. Gonna be a sloppy mess. On the bright side these late afternoon games play hell for a batter as the shadow between the mound and the plate makes it tough on the hitter. No shadows today.

Heads up on the Cards: Pro- late blooming career minor leaguer Hazelbaker looks like a 5 tool player - Piscotty and Carpenter are hitting- the 2 latino starters are going good, but Con: the 3 Gringos have been horrid. Wainwright is awful. This year could be his swan song.

More CON: Holliday, Matt Adams and Molina seem lost at the plate and the infield defense have been kicking the ball all over the place, especially Kolton Wong.

The Cards just swept the Braves but OMG they are simply futile as a team. I don't remember a Braves team this bad.

That's all from me except to say that the Cubs (in spite of the Schwarber loss) sure look like the creme de la creme of the Central. I would be thrilled to get WC spot!

Walsh looks to be this years guy that will rot at the end of the bench. Shame too because he could be something.

Lets get a W today!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not concerned about Coilin rotting yet, but with his OBP history, I'd love to see him play.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If Aaron Hill doesn't figure his bat out soon, the one hit yesterday notwithstanding, I think there will plenty of playing time to go around for Walsh, Rivera, Villar, and Gennett. Walsh and Rivera specifically should get a couple starts a week if Hill falls out of the starting lineup.

Lucroy is not helping his trade value early this season. Horrible throwing so far and bat is just meh.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This feels like every other year when we play the Cardinals. It got old a long time ago.

I hate the Cardinals for the simple reason that every time you look at them on paper you think, "They are not going to be very good this year." Then their nobodies are coached into somebodies. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing for the day off tomorrow. Make an adjustment Jungmann. Lucroy maybe try setting up off the plate here and there. Brutal.

Archived