Brewer Fanatic

Segura's hot 2016 start

• 1 month later...

Here are his May numbers:

.278/.301/.407

They're not awfully far from his career numbers:

.270/.305/.371

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Segura has played well this year..

Good thing Villar has made up for that loss

Segura has been alright for the D'Backs.

Hill has been surprisingly ok for the Brewers.

Anderson has been really up and down, but has done alright.

I'd say this trade is one that both teams can say they got what they wanted.

Segura has played well this year..

Good thing Villar has made up for that loss

Segura has been alright for the D'Backs.

Hill has been surprisingly ok for the Brewers.

Anderson has been really up and down, but has done alright.

I'd say this trade is one that both teams can say they got what they wanted.

Well, I think what we really want is for Isan Diaz to end up as the centerpiece of this trade. Still plenty of time for that to happen, but he's not having a good year in Appleton.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Well, I think what we really want is for Isan Diaz to end up as the centerpiece of this trade. Still plenty of time for that to happen, but he's not having a good year in Appleton.

Normally, I hate the "acquire guys so we can flip them" process, because there's an inherent risk for multiple reasons. (poor play, injury). As well as Hill has been playing, I think there's a real chance that Hill can turn into *something* at the trade deadline. I don't imagine he's going to get a huge return, but he could net a low level prospect.

Normally, I hate the "acquire guys so we can flip them" process, because there's an inherent risk for multiple reasons. (poor play, injury). As well as Hill has been playing, I think there's a real chance that Hill can turn into *something* at the trade deadline. I don't imagine he's going to get a huge return, but he could net a low level prospect.

David Wright is out 4-6 weeks and his long term prospects for ever being healthy and reliable are dim given the condition his back is in. I don't know what prospects the Mets have, but that's where I would be shopping Hill right now. Forget waiting for the trade deadline.

Archived