Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-09 Astros (Fister) at Brewers (Peralta), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/astros1.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 9 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Astros (1-3) | Brewers (2-2)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/astros_fister-doug-02.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_peralta-wily-07.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Doug Fister[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Fister will be making his Astros debut after signing a one year, $7 million deal with Houston in January. He bounced between the bullpen and rotation last year with Washington while battling forearm soreness, but he had a healthy spring.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 9.00 ERA, 2.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta sucked in his Opening Day start, allowing five Giants runs (four earned) on six hits in four innings. He had eight hitters in two strike counts before logging the first of two strikeouts in the game.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B José Altuve ®
  2. RF George Springer ®
  3. SS Carlos Correa ®
  4. LF Colby Rasmus (L)
  5. 1B Tyler White ®
  6. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  7. 3B Luis Valbuena (L)
  8. C Jason Castro (L)
  9. RHP Doug Fister (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis (L)
  7. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  8. RHP Wily Peralta ®
  9. SS Jonathan Villar (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over or under 25 total runs scored tonight? I'm expecting a 4 hour barrage of offense with these two on the mound.

As long as it ends in a 3-2 record tonight i'm all for either. I think Peralta bounces back tonight though, maybe a 5-3 type of game.

If Peralta does flop as a starter this year, do we try him out of the pen? He could be a hard throwing late inning guy.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brew4u, Wily might still struggle. He really has only one pitch still--his 94-96 mph sinker. His slider has been the ultimate tease for years where he'll throw a few dazzling ones, but it rarely fools guys to get swings and misses

I love how veteran scrubs like Hill and Nieuwenhuis get to bat higher than a young guy with a decent bat in Villar.

RF Domingo Santana

2B Scooter Gennett

LF Ryan Braun

C Jonathan Lucroy

1B Chris Carter

CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis

3B Aaron Hill

P Wily Peralta

SS Jonathan Villar

It was explained last night that craig feels the best spot to develop a young hitter is the 9 spot in the lineup, which is why broxton has been there. I dont mind villar hitting there when broxtons out because hes been getting on base half the time which is nice with the top of the order coming up instead of hill, pitcher, and niewenhuis coming up.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Villar doesn't have the bat to hit in the top or middle of the lineup. And I get that he's 24 but this is his 4th big league season. I'm not sure how much more development is left in him.

He was an above average hitter last year as a 23 year old. Hill is done offensively. Other than 200 sporadic at bats the last couple of years (with a bunch of bad at bats in between) Nieuwenhuis has never been a good hitter either.

Villar doesn't have the bat to hit in the top or middle of the lineup. And I get that he's 24 but this is his 4th big league season. I'm not sure how much more development is left in him.

He was an above average hitter last year as a 23 year old. Hill is done offensively. Other than 200 sporadic at bats the last couple of years (with a bunch of bad at bats in between) Nieuwenhuis has never been a good hitter either.

I agree that neither of them offer much but I don't see a problem with hitting Villar 9th. Might as well give the top of the order a chance to drive in some runs.

Peralta is either that pitcher that another organization needs to get their hands on or he's just never going to be that good. Either way I'm over him being in our rotation. You can't be a one pitch - pitcher in the MLB. All about change of speeds and location and he has neither.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Whew! Needed that inning. 5 total pitches gets 3 outs with 2 hits in the inning. You don't see that often.

If Peralta does flop as a starter this year, do we try him out of the pen? He could be a hard throwing late inning guy.

Kind of an expensive experiment seeing he already makes $3mil. Money isn't really an issue right now though so I guess it is plausible. Honestly I think he needs to turn in a 2014 type season or be moved out of the rotation. Too many other guys waiting in the wings.

Kind of an expensive experiment seeing he already makes $3mil. Money isn't really an issue right now though so I guess it is plausible. Honestly I think he needs to turn in a 2014 type season or be moved out of the rotation. Too many other guys waiting in the wings.

I hoesntly think that a big problem he has is trying to over throw the baseball. Sliders don't break harder just because you try to out maximum effort into the pitch. You can see it in his delivery. When he is pitching well he does fall way off on his release. When he's wild/erratic, he's flailing away out there.

Peralta's problem is mediocre control, bad command and the lack of a third pitch.

I think two of those things can be helped by a better, more repeatable delivery. Wily hasn't made one adjustment since last season so why would the results be any different? Always amazes me with that thinking.

I feel,like Peralta is the same one trick pony as he has always been. Has never developed as a pitcher.

Really looking forward to seeing some other guys get a chance in his spot but I'm sure they will keep running him out there.

A base running blunder gets us a run but costs us an out. Blah.

At some point we have to look at our 3B coach. The players change but the silliness continues.

Braun unwilling to take that off speed pitch to right field. He's usually very good at that but today it's been ugly.

Archived