Brewer Fanatic

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2016 Pre-Season Edition

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

#1 ( - ) Orlando Arcia, SS, AAA Colorado Springs, Age 21

899 points (35 1st place votes) - 36 of 36 ballots

Arcia is ticketed for AAA to start 2016, but most people expect him in Milwaukee sometime this year. The only question is how quickly - and much of that will depend on the success (or lack thereof) of Villar and Rivera. As most people know, Arcia is a superb fielder with an emerging hit tool. He doesn’t strike out a lot, but could be a little more selective at the plate. He appears to be getting stronger each year as he matures, so it will be interesting to see where his power goes from here.

#2 ( - ) Brett Phillips, CF, AA Biloxi, Age 21

831 points - 36 of 36 ballots

A potential five tool player, Phillips is an extra base hitting machine (60+ in each of the last two years) with a cannon for an arm and the goofiest laugh in baseball. The main question mark is how much power he will develop. If he plays well, Phillips will likely end up in Colorado Springs later this year - and maybe in Milwaukee this September.

#3 ( - ) Jorge Lopez, RP, AAA Colorado Springs, Age 23

796 points - 36 of 36 ballots

Lopez - Milwaukee’s Minor League Pitcher of the year in 2015 - broke out huge last season, culminating in a cup of coffee with the Brewers in September. 2016 is about sharpening his command and not getting eaten up by the thin Colorado air. Lopez has an excellent chance to be in Milwaukee’s rotation some time this year.

#4 ( - ) Trent Clark, CF, Helena, Age 19

773 points - 36 of 36 ballots

Despite being only 19, Clark’s great speed, compact swing and good eye at the plate make him an ideal candidate to move aggressively through the Brewer system. He probably possesses the best hit tool in the entire organization. Down the road, he may move out of CF due to an average arm.

#5 (+1) Josh Hader, LHP, AA Biloxi, Age 21

755 points - 36 of 36 ballots

Hader blossomed last year after being acquired from Houston in the Gomez trade. He continued his success in the AFL, and has emerged as one of the more intriguing left-handed pitchers in all of baseball. Like so many young pitchers, Hader needs to maintain his consistency and his control.

#6 (new) Jacob Nottingham, C, AA Biloxi, Age 21

666 points - 36 of 36 ballots

Nottingham, acquired in the off season for Khris Davis, makes a strong debut in the BF.net Top 25. The big catcher broke out in A ball last year, hitting .316 with 17 HR. Nottingham’s defense gets mixed reviews (bad: 19 passed balls; good: threw out 38% of runners trying to steal), but the Crew like his athleticism and work ethic, and feel he’ll stick behind the plate.

#7 (-2) Gilbert Lara, SS, Helena, age 18

624 points - 36 of 36 ballots

After a solid start last year, the then 17-year old Lara faded as the season went on. The youngster from the Dominican Republic displays tons of potential, but is still adjusting to life as a professional ball player. For Lara, he needs to focus on fundamentals, make adjustments and just show up focused every day. He is immensely talented, but it will take time to translate his skills into production. Lara reportedly added 10-15 lbs of ‘good weight’ over the off season - not uncommon for such a young player.

#8 (-1) Kodi Medeiros, LHP, Brevard County, Age 19

600 points - 35 of 36 ballots

The man with the nastiest slider in the organization offers tremendous upside, but he must hone his command and learn to spot his pitches more effectively. You have to be intrigued by a guy who didn’t allow a single HR all season (as Medeiros did last year).

#9 (new) Isan Diaz, SS/2B, A- Wisconsin, Age 19

594 points - 36 of 36 ballots

Welcome to the Brewers Top 25, Mr. Diaz. After struggling in Rookie ball in 2014, Diaz won the Pioneer League MVP last season, hitting a robust .360 with a 1.076 OPS. The Brewers, who acquired Diaz in the Jean Segura deal in the off season, love the young man's tools and high upside. For now, he’ll stick at SS, but most scouts project Diaz as a 2B in the long run.

#10 (+4) Cody Ponce, RHP, A+ Brevard County, Age 21

565 points, 36 of 36 ballots

Ponce, Milwaukee’s 2nd round pick in 2015, has steadily moved up the BF.net rankings after a solid performance in the off season and growing buzz in the scouting community. The big right hander lost 15 lbs in the off season, and was throwing 95+ this spring. Look for a big 2016 for Ponce, starting in pitcher-friendly Brevard County.

#11 (+2) Monte Harrison, OF, A- Wisconsin, Age 20

480 points, 35 of 36 ballots

Harrison’s disastrous start in 2015 is in the past - not to mention the broken ankle that ended his season. The talented outfielder is healthy and set to move to the next level. Harrison possesses great speed, a good eye at the plate and lots of raw athleticism. Now he has turn that athleticism into results on the baseball diamond.

#12 (-1) Devin Williams, RHP, A+ Brevard County, Age 21

447 points - 35 of 36 ballots

Williams sports one of the organization’s most electric arms. He showed great improvement last year, but appears poised for a big year at the pitching friendly Brevard County. Like with so many of Milwaukee's young, raw arms, continuing to improve his command will be a priority for Williams in 2016.

#13 (-1) Clint Coulter, RF, A+ Brevard County, Age 22

431 points - 35 of 36 ballots

After a middling 2015 campaign, Coulter is set to repeat Brevard County in 2016, but don’t be surprised if he is moved up to AA once an opening occurs. Coulter is a work in progress in RF, but he has a strong arm to go with his power bat.

#14 (-6) Zach Davies, RHP, AAA Colorado Springs, Age 23

429 points - 36 of 36 ballots

The acquisition of Chase Anderson from Arizona no doubt stung Davies, who produced a solid 3.71 ERA in six starts late last season. But the skinny righty will likely be the first starter brought up to Milwaukee once an injury or roster move (I’m looking at you, Matt Garza) occurs. There’s not a lot for Davies left to do - it’s now a matter of translating his skill set to major league hitters. Davies lack of upside probably contributed to his steep drop in the BF.net rankings.

#15 (-1) Demi Orimoloye, OF, Helena, Age 19

414 points - 36 of 36 ballots

There aren’t many players more exciting or intriguing than Orimoloye. The big OF showed a combination of speed and power in his debut last year. He’s also a free swinger with a low walk rate and high strike out rate. Both are areas of his game he needs to work going forward.

#16 (-6) Michael Reed, OF, AAA Colorado Springs, Age 23

357 points - 33 of 36 ballots

Reed does so many things well - he takes his walk, steal bases, has a strong arm. What he hasn’t show, however, is power. He improved in that department last year, but he’s at the age where he’ll likely need to show some more pop in order to be a regular at the major league level.

#17 (-8) Tyrone Taylor, OF, AA Biloxi, Age 22

295 points - 35 of 36 ballots

No prospect has tumbled down the BF.net prospect list like Taylor. He has oodles of talent, but that only takes you so far. He’ll repeat Biloxi in 2016, but some people have noted that he may need to revamp his batting approach if he’s going to generate more power and hit with more authority.

#18 (-) Marcos Diplan, RHP, A- Wisconsin, Age 19

250 points - 31 of 36 ballots

Diplan has floated under the radar a bit as a prospect since being acquired prior to the 2015 season. He’s not a big guy (6’0” and 160 lbs), but he has a lively fastball that can reach the mid-90s.

#19 (+3) Nathan Kirby, LHP, IR, Age 22

245 points - 30 of 36 ballots

Milwaukee’s second 1st round selection (40th overall) only managed to throw 12.2 innings in 2015 before needing Tommy John surgery. One of college baseball’s best pitchers in 2015, Kirby will likely miss all (or most) of 2016. Despite the injury, BF.net readers love his potential - moving him up three spots in the Top 25 - impressive considering the additions made to the system this off season.

#20 (-4) Jake Gatewood, 3B, A+ Wisconsin, Age 20

243 points - 33 of 36 ballots

Still only 20, Gatewood remains an intriguing prospect due to the plus power. Unfortunately, the hole in Gatewood’s swing is quite pronounced, making him a prime boom or bust prospect. Shifted to 3B this year, Gatewood needs to improve on not only his contact rate, but his pitch selection. A return to Wisconsin should be good starting point.

#21 (-4) Adrian Houser, RHP, AA Biloxi, Age 23

223 points - 31 of 36 ballots

The big right-hander took a step forward after joining Milwaukee last year. He sharpened his command tremendously - a task he needs to continue to focus on in 2016. He dropped a bit in the BF.net rankings, perhaps due to getting lost in the excitement of all the additions to the system.

#22 (new) Keon Broxton, OF, Milwaukee, Age 24.

132 points - 19 of 36 ballots

Acquired from Pittsburgh in the Jason Rogers deal, Broxton is a good athlete who sports an excellent defensive reputation, some power and the ability to take his share of walks. Unforutniaty, the young CF strikes out north of 30% of the time. Broxton needs to show he can adjust to major league pitching and hold down his strikeout rate if he wants to stay in the majors.

#23 (+2) Yadiel Rivera, INF, Milwaukee, Age 23

92 points - 19 of 36 ballots

A strong winter campaign and spring training his landed Rivera in Milwaukee as a reserve infielder - a spot he almays seemed destined to occupy. No one will deny Rivera looks great in the field, but his bat has been erratic. He showed some pop in winter ball - as well as spring training - but we'll have to wait and see if it's more than just an aberration.

#24 (new) Garni Cecchini, 3B, AAA Colorado Springs, Age 24.

60 points - 13 of 36 ballots

Cecchini - a former top 100 prospect with Boston - struggled badly last season and fell out of favor with the Red Sox. The Brewers snapped him up with hopes of resurrecting the promise he showed in 2013 when he had a .413 OBP between A+ and AA. Cecchini reportedly tweaked his hitting approach the last two seasons in order to produce more power. The result was a disaster. A return to his old hitting style - and a fresh start - is exactly what he needs.

#25 (new) Rymer Liriano, OF, Milwaukee (60 Day DL), Age 24

58 points - 12 of 36 ballots

The Brewers acquired the former Top 100 prospect from San Diego this off season. He sports a solid all-around tool set. His ability to play all the OF positions had made him a favorite of many to win a job in Milwaukee this spring. Unfortunately, Liriano will miss significant time after being hit with a pitch in the face. It’s not known when he’ll return, and once he does, where ends up may depend on how well Broxton and/or Flores have performed.

The Rest

Jorge Ortega - 46 points

Miguel Diaz - 39

Victor Roache - 38

Brent Suter - 32

Taylor Williams - 30

Colin Walsh - 26

Javier Betancourt - 25

Wei-Chung Wang - 25

Bubba Derby - 23

Damien Magnifico - 21

Troy Stokes - 20

Ramon Flores - 19

Garrett Cooper - 18

Joantgel Segovia - 18

Freddy Peralta - 15

Sean Nolin - 12

Brandon Woodruff - 8

Tyler Crazy - 8

Angel Ventura - 7

Nathan Orf - 5

Carlos Herrera - 4

Trey Supak - 3

Dustin Houle - 2

Hobbs Johnson - 2

Jacob Barnes - 2

Carlos Leal - 1

Carlos Luna - 1

George Iskenderian - 1

Malik Collymore - 1

All ages noted are for April 1, 2016.

Here's the link to this year's voting: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33787

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2016 Pre-Season BF.net Community Top 25 is complete. We had excellent participation - 36 ballots. Thanks!

Orlando Arcia captured 34 of the 35 1st place votes as he nabbed the top spot again (Brent Suter got the other top vote again.

Newcomers: Nottingham, Isan Diaz, Broxton, Liriano, Cecchini

Exited the Top 25: Roache, Wang

Number of ballots: 36

Number of players on ballots: 54

Mr. Irrelevant (1 point): Leal, Luna, Iskenderian, Collymore

Risers: Ponce (4 spots)

Fallers: Taylor (8 spots), Roache (7 spots), Davies (6 spots), Reed (6 spots)

If you see any mistakes, please let me know. I will update as needed.

We'll plan on doing a new top 25 mid-seasonish.

Observations:

- The top 21 players are really pretty obvious - they all were named on 85% or more of the ballots. After that, it was pretty much all over the place.

- The influx of new players caused a lot of players to fall - so it wasn't a shock we didn't have many risers.

- All five of the new Top 25 players were acquired this past off season.

- Looking at the ages of the prospects, you can see there's really an influx of young, high upside types. 4 of our top 10 guys are teenagers.

Surprising (to me at least) that Freddy Peralta only got 15 points.

I think all of those guys we got from Seattle kinda just floated under the radar. I imagine they will start to get more attention once the season gets going.

Community Moderator

reillymcshane, thanks for all of your hard work on the BF.net community top prospect list! Below is the updated organizational prospect depth chart based on the new Brewerfan.net voting results.

61i0q6r.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

By end of season Iran Diaz will be consenses Top 5 prospect surpassing Lara & Clark for sure. Nottingham & Diaz were outstanding trades! There is just something about Diaz & the way he squares up every pitch. Honestly, how hard do you need to drill a ball knock it out in 25 degree weather with 20+ mph winds. He did it all last season, did it spring, & now he's carrying it over to 2016.

Assuming all players keep prospect status (I hope outside of maybe Lopez getting a shot this year.... Arcia can wait) We have a list that dominate the Top 100s next season! Looking at our list, our whole top 10 could easily make those lists with good years! Remember when we were excited that we had Jimmy Nelson make like 70s & Tyrone Taylor once make 90s.... What a turn around

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

By end of season Iran Diaz will be consenses Top 5 prospect surpassing Lara & Clark for sure.

Diaz and Ponce will likely shoot up quite a bit just because they are likely to have good seasons being in favorable situations.

On another note whoever left Kodi Medeiros of their list...wow...I have no words.

reillymcshane, thanks for all of your hard work on the BF.net community top prospect list! Below is the updated organizational prospect depth chart based on the new Brewerfan.net voting results.

61i0q6r.jpg

Really surprised no Tucker Neuhaus on there. Repeating Wisconsin but still one of the youngest guys on team and in the league. Gold Glove caliber defender at 2B, bat has made a lot of progress.

On another note whoever left Kodi Medeiros of their list...wow...I have no words.

Whoever omitted him might have simply forgotten to include him.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Really surprised no Tucker Neuhaus on there. Repeating Wisconsin but still one of the youngest guys on team and in the league. Gold Glove caliber defender at 2B, bat has made a lot of progress.

Its true that he only turns 21 this June, so he still won't be old for Wisconsin ball. And he has a chance to grow back into a prospect yet. But his bat has been so far out for three years (best last year at a 662 OPS) that its hard to think that its going to happen.

I've heard is defense is good, but not GG caliber. What has you thinking GG capable?

Its true that he only turns 21 this June, so he still won't be old for Wisconsin ball. And he has a chance to grow back into a prospect yet. But his bat has been so far out for three years (best last year at a 662 OPS) that its hard to think that its going to happen.

I've heard is defense is good, but not GG caliber. What has you thinking GG capable?

He was rated the top fielding 2B in MWL last season. It is almost nightly there is mention about an outstanding defensive play by him. 2 incredible ones the other night. I haven't gone to a ton of games but from what I have, he is impressive out there.

Last year he was 19/20 in MWL and he had moments were his bat came to life. He was 18/19 in Helena, and just turned 18 when drafted in Arizona. Hard to judge his bat when he has always been one of the youngest guys at every level. To me, this is his year to establish himself if he is going to be a prospect moving forward or not. This is the first time he is reasonably close to league age even though he is still pretty young. Some guys just take a little longer to come around.

Don't know about anyone else, but I really hope we can see Jorge Lopez for an extended look this year. Taylor Jungmann might not want to slack off much with Davies/Lopez breathing down his neck. Also think the Brewers should just cut Garza if he can't be turned into something at the deadline...though not sure they will cut the cord with so much money ties to him.

I hope we don't see Lopez until next year, why start the clock on him this year?

Because he isn't that "special". Teams don't hold back guys unless they think they are going to be great and are confident they can just mash right away.

If he has a dominant first half I would have no problem sticking him in the rotation come June/July if there is the space. Obviously this is his first season at AAA so there is no rush, but I wouldn't hold a pitcher back if they look ready for the bigs. Sometimes it takes a pitcher 3 or more years to finally figure it all out. If this is the year Nelson figures it out that means it took him till his third year in the bigs till he finally got it together just for reference.

At worst I hope he can have a bigger role as a September call-up which should be easier since he won't be playing on an elite team vs. last years Shuckers.

Special is subjective I guess, but say Lopez can be #2/3 type SP. That is a valuable commodity, and worth waiting untl next year. Trot out guys like Geurra and Suter first. Now, if Lopez is dominant and we get to a point where rotation is out of options, sure bring him up. I would just rather wait until Sept if possible.

As far as the BF.net prospect depth chart goes, I only included players that received votes in the BF.net poll. There are players like Neuhaus, Franly Mallen, David Denson, Tyrone Perry, etc. that did not receive any votes, but probably deserve placement on the prospect depth chart.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

He was rated the top fielding 2B in MWL last season. It is almost nightly there is mention about an outstanding defensive play by him. 2 incredible ones the other night. I haven't gone to a ton of games but from what I have, he is impressive out there.

Thanks. I remember hearing he was good, but forgot about the top rating in MWL. Still not sure if that equates to GG level at the MLB, but good to track anyway.

Neuhaus has been one of my closet favorites over the last couple years. But I'm guessing people lost interest once he was moved off of 3B and could never get above 700 OPS (I did). But even if he does improve this year, we are probably talking about a fringe prospect (like McFarland? - another closet favorite). Compare him to what Isan Diaz did last year (and is continuing this year) at 18 in Helena. Top prospects are going to produce regardless of age.

Neuhaus has made steady improvement at 2B where he has more time to react to the ball, he's not a quick twitch guy and that's why he was just okay as a 3B. He's got the potential to be an average 2B defensively, maybe above average. He has 3 errors in 5 games, it's not like he's setting the world on fire and as much as I like Chris as a broadcaster, he's definitely a homer when it comes to his guys, as he should be.

Just because his HS scouting report listed him as an athletic SS, doesn't mean that his athleticism is above average for professional baseball. He was extremely athletic relative to his peers in HS, which is why so many players like Coulter for example are HS SS, but now everyone he's competing against are in the top 1%, and in relation to his current playing environment he's about average.

Players that are special will jump out at you in the MWL, they just move, look, and carry themselves differently. If they don't look exceptional in the MWL, then they most likely aren't going to be average MLB players. There have and been and will certainly continue to be exceptions, but that's what I look for when I watch games.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Thought it worth comparing our BF prospect list to a composite list of well respected prospect sources. So many to choose from, but I included six rankings. Four from national sites (Callis/Mayo on MLB.com, Hardicourt on Baseball America, JP Breen on Baseball Prospectus, Sickels on SB/MiLB) and one local list (Miller Park Prospects/DoU) who follow the Brewers affiliations much closer, but may lack the scouting resources of the national brands. and a sabermetric approach from Fangraphs with a split vote of lead prospect analyst, Dan Farnsworth and the KATOH algorithm).

Here is the result (BF rank):

1. Orlando Arcia (1)

2. Brett Phillips (2)

3. Jorge Lopez (3)

4. Trent Clark (4)

5. Gilbert Lara (7)

6. Devin Williams (12)

7. Kodi Medeiros (8)

8. Cody Ponce (10)

9. Tyrone Taylor (17)

10. Josh Hader (5)

11. Isan Diaz (9)

12. Jacob Nottingham (6)

13. Clint Coulter (13)

14. Monte Harrison (11)

15. Zach Davies (14)

16. Michael Reed (16)

17. Nathan Kirby (19)

18. Demi Orimoloye (15)

19. Adrian Houser (21)

20. Jacob Gatewood (20)

21. Marcos Diplan (18)

22. Rymer Liriano (25)

23. Yadiel Rivera (23)

24. Taylor Williams (30)

25. Javier Betancourt (32)

overall, the composite is pretty close to what we came up with here! Not on Composite Ranking: Cecchini (24) & Broxton (22). interesting disparities: Devin Williams and Tyrone Taylor are esteemed much higher on the composite scale, while Josh Hader and Jacob Nottingham are rated much higher among BF voters.

Thought it worth comparing our BF prospect list to a composite list of well respected prospect sources. So many to choose from, but I included six rankings. Four from national sites (Callis/Mayo on MLB.com, Hardicourt on Baseball America, JP Breen on Baseball Prospectus, Sickels on SB/MiLB) and one local list (Miller Park Prospects/DoU) who follow the Brewers affiliations much closer, but may lack the scouting resources of the national brands. and a sabermetric approach from Fangraphs with a split vote of lead prospect analyst, Dan Farnsworth and the KATOH algorithm).

Here is the result (BF rank):

1. Orlando Arcia (1)

2. Brett Phillips (2)

3. Jorge Lopez (3)

4. Trent Clark (4)

5. Gilbert Lara (7)

6. Devin Williams (12)

7. Kodi Medeiros (8)

8. Cody Ponce (10)

9. Tyrone Taylor (17)

10. Josh Hader (5)

11. Isan Diaz (9)

12. Jacob Nottingham (6)

13. Clint Coulter (13)

14. Monte Harrison (11)

15. Zach Davies (14)

16. Michael Reed (16)

17. Nathan Kirby (19)

18. Demi Orimoloye (15)

19. Adrian Houser (21)

20. Jacob Gatewood (20)

21. Marcos Diplan (18)

22. Rymer Liriano (25)

23. Yadiel Rivera (23)

24. Taylor Williams (30)

25. Javier Betancourt (32)

overall, the composite is pretty close to what we came up with here! Not on Composite Ranking: Cecchini (24) & Broxton (22). interesting disparities: Devin Williams and Tyrone Taylor are esteemed much higher on the composite scale, while Josh Hader and Jacob Nottingham are rated much higher among BF voters.

Crash, thanks, this was a pretty nice comparison.

I think that maybe we at BF.net get enamored with shinny new toys (Nottingham, Hader, etc.). It's exciting to have new talent - we see the good in them very quickly without having lived through the bad times. And it's easy to forget how promising a guy like Tyrone Taylor was. It also allows a guy like Devin Williams to fly under the radar for some people.

No matter - it's all fun. We are all still guessing - which makes it a blast to look at these guys. The best part is how much better the system is looking.

I think that maybe we at BF.net get enamored with shinny new toys (Nottingham, Hader, etc.)

A lot of it has to do with people not wanting to think about floors. Nottingham(could easily not end up at C) and Hader(could end up in the bullpen) have pretty sizable floors compared to their ceilings. People like drooling over Nottingham becoming 2008 Geovany Soto and Josh Hader becoming a borderline ace.

Which there is nothing wrong with that. Just the way a lot of members like going with when ranking guys. Many frown upon guys with not so great stats, but the tools(Medeiros, Taylor, Williams, Gatewood, Harrison).

But those guys have floors also. With all those tools none of them have put it all together. And with the exception of Taylor none of them have completed a season beyond low A ball. So their ceilings may be high, but floor is low.

I think it's just that we're ahead of the curve. Some of those natl sources are behind, and that skews the avg. Good example, no way is Tyrone Taylor s better prospect than Josh Hader.

To Reily's point if anything, temptation would be to rate our home grown players higher. We all have our rooting interest in guys we've followed for years.

• 3 weeks later...

One month into the season and most of our top prospects haven't done much to take that next step forward. I know it's only one month in which is nothing, but it raises eyebrows that so many of our top 25ish have performed so poorly. Really, outside of Arcia each one is off to a terrible start. here's hoping they are continuing to work through their struggles and improve.

TOP 25ish

Phillips- .250 BA and .388 SLG in AA

Lopez- just under a 9 ERA

Hader- dominating, albeit in AA and having large pitch counts knocking him out early

Taylor- .581 OPS

Nottingham- .169 BA and his .553 OPS is lower than Taylor's OPS- yikes!

Medeiros - through 5 starts, like Lopez, just under a 9 ERA

I.Diaz - had a multi-hit game yesterday moving his BA above the Mendoza line

Gatewood- no walks, and with his homer yesterday, boosted his SLG% to a robust .326 and has 31K in 92AB to boot

Harrison- .167BA/.218SLG/.435OPS makes Gatewood look like Ichiro worsting him with 32K in only 78AB

Coulter- supposed to have this big power- well, his 2nd HR yesterday moved his SLG% to above .300

Davies - getting blown up in 3 MLB starts

Reed - although getting on base, not showing the power we hope he would develop (0HR)

Houser- 7.20 ERA

Broxton- Ks are still a problem, was demoted to AAA

Rivera- as advertised- good D, terrible hitter in PH opportunities

Roache- ditto to Coulter, but only 1 HR so far in Biloxi

Neuhaus- was off to a great start than got injured

Denson- 0HR and .328 SLG

Jungmann- although not technically a prospect, still one of our young projectable talents and has been atrocious at the MLB level, was demoted and had an equally horrid start in Colorado.

Flores- using his opportunity to showcase a hollow bat

THE GOOD- SOME OF OUR LOWER PROSPECTS ARE PERFORMING WELL

Johnny Davis' bat is doing well, though he's 26 in A+

Stokes, M. Diaz, F. Peralta, Diplan, Ortega, Wang all solid starts

Woodruff and Derby have been lights out

STILL WAITING

Demi, D. Williams, Clark, Ponce, Lara, Kirby, Liriano, T. Williams

Archived