Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-08 Astros (Feldman) at Brewers (Anderson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4]

1992casey
I'm okay with Braun running. His baseball IQ is very high and is usually a very good base runner. Sometimes you just get caught.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers just went 1 for 2 in stolen bases in the second. Another 20+ pitch inning and another run across the board. 4-0!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm okay with Braun running. His baseball IQ is very high and is usually a very good base runner. Sometimes you just get caught.

I'd be OK with it normally, but doing it with your big power bat at the plate was a bit of an odd choice.

There's a pretty big advantage getting to third with a big flyball hitter up and less than two out. So if you think you can get it, there is sense to it.

just wanted to point out that the game is 4-0 thanks--in part--to Broxton's steal. I know it's popular to use hindsight to criticize stolen base attempts, but we don't know what the team knows. The team may have planned to run on the catcher or pitcher, they may have liked the circumstance, someone may have missed a sign, etc. I'd like the Brewers to be aggressive when the situations warrant it.

just wanted to point out that the game is 4-0 thanks--in part--to Broxton's steal. I know it's popular to use hindsight to criticize stolen base attempts, but we don't know what the team knows. The team may have planned to run on the catcher or pitcher, they may have liked the circumstance, someone may have missed a sign, etc. I'd like the Brewers to be aggressive when the situations warrant it.

Spot on. A lot are always ready to pounce when someone is thrown out but it provided a run for us in this situation

Villar didn't get the out but wow, what a hose from the 5.5 hole. Can understand why many want to give him a long leash at SS.

There's the Carlos Gomez we knew and loathed. Glad his mental deficiencies and immature play are someone else's problem now.

Really - Loathe?

Loathe: To hate (someone or something) very much

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loathe

I just don't see how someone could "hate" GoGo. He never portrayed himself to be someone he wasn't. He was always the smiling, positive attitude, give 110%, perfect role model that you wish all athletes would show once in a while. Carlos has had nothing but positive comments about Milwaukee and said today "How much did it mean to Carlos Gomez to play in Milwaukee? He said when he retires he wants to do it as a Brewer." - @haudricourt

I just honestly don't get the hate. Unreal

There's the Carlos Gomez we knew and loathed. Glad his mental deficiencies and immature play are someone else's problem now.

Really - Loathe?

I just don't see how someone could "hate" GoGo. He never portrayed himself to be someone he wasn't. He was always the smiling, positive attitude, give 110%, perfect role model that you wish all athletes would show once in a while. Carlos has had nothing but positive comments about Milwaukee and said today "How much did it mean to Carlos Gomez to play in Milwaukee? He said when he retires he wants to do it as a Brewer." - @haudricourt

All the talent in the world and a ten cent baseball mind. That's why. I didn't hate him but he was incredibly frustrating to watch. If he wasn't swinging so hard he fell down he was thinking he could run where ever and whenever he wanted.

Really - Loathe?

All the talent in the world and a ten cent baseball mind. That's why. I didn't hate him but he was incredibly frustrating to watch. If he wasn't swinging so hard he fell down he was thinking he could run where ever and whenever he wanted.

Dislike - sure. If you didn't like his game, ok.

And maybe he did some stealing on his own - but RRR wasn't a hall of fame coach and I'm sure gave him a pretty solid green light. Especially considering a career 78% rate - which is probably top 100 all time.

I certainly didn't hate Carlos Gomez, but I grew to dislike watching him play... I wasn't sad or disappointed in any capacity when he was traded, his act grew tired in my book.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

BOOM!! Ryan Brauns first of the year puts the exclamation point on this game. He was talking to himself all the way around the bases. Wonder what what he was saying? 6-0!

Archived