Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-08 Astros (Feldman) at Brewers (Anderson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/astros.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 8 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Astros (1-2) | Brewers (1-2)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/astros_feldman-scott-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_anderson-chase-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Scott Feldman[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]A trip to the DL with a knee injury and a sprained shoulder suffered in September held Feldman to 18 starts in 2015. When he was healthy, he was effective. He went 5-5 with a 3.90 ERA in 18 starts, including 1-1 with a 2.79 ERA in his final 8 starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Chase Anderson[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Acquired with third baseman Aaron Hill and infield prospect Isan Diaz on January 30 from the Diamondbacks, Anderson added some depth to Milwaukee’s starting rotation. He struggled with the long ball during a subpar spring training.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B José Altuve ®
  2. RF George Springer ®
  3. SS Carlos Correa ®
  4. 3B Luis Valbuena (L)
  5. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  6. 1B Tyler White ®
  7. C Jason Castro (L)
  8. LF Jake Marisnick ®
  9. RHP Scott Feldman (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  8. RHP Chase Anderson ®
  9. CF Keon Broxton ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It sure would be nice to win this opener setting up Nelson and Jungmann an opportunity at a series win and getting us back to .500 on the season and at home. Either way I'm excited for tonight. Love the new scheduling with all these different match ups throughout the season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Should be a fun series to watch. The Astros have some great players. Carlos Correa in particular is just a tremendous talent.

The Brewers, so far at least to me, are a much more entertaining team than last year. I love the improved approach at the plate. Not nearly as many free swingers. Lots of young talented players who are figuring it out.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

much more entertaining team... Not nearly as many free swingers.

No offense but I am very confused by people who think players taking pitches is more entertaining to watch.

I am not sure on the statistics behind it, but the natural feel is if you take pitches, force more walks, get more guys on base, it ultimately leads to a more exciting game due to the extra runners/increase in "pressure" pitches. I for one am glad some of the free swingers / first pitch out hitters are gone.

No offense but I am very confused by people who think players taking pitches is more entertaining to watch.

I can understand that! I suppose part of it is the Baseball coach in me.

I want to see the Brewers win. Force the pitchers to throw strikes. Jump all over pitches in your wheelhouse but be patient and take your walks when you get them. I've always appreciated players with a high OBP.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I just love all the nuances of a long at-bat. I look at each at-bat as a mini chess game between the hitter and the pitcher. Each one to trying to anticipate what the other is going to do. Each pitch can change the match up to one or the other's favor. Watching a guy hack at the first pitch is both frustrating and boring to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taking pitches working counts etc etc and watching 3to type players May not be visually "exciting" to some. I get that. Everyone has a preferred "style" and watching guys go up there who are looking for 6-7-8 pitch at bats does not appeal to everyone.

To be clear I prefer our players do it since it leads to the best results, but I don't think its makes baseball better. Ideally I would like umps to force the players to follow "you better swing if its close" approach. Since they don't do that anymore taking pitches 1/8" off the plate is the better approach, just more boring in my opinion.

This may put me back in some people's eyes on these boards but I've been wondering... What the heck is a 3TO player?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brew4U, 3TO is "3 true outcomes". Russell Branyan is an example of a 3TO player.

Thank you for this. The things you learn!

I wish Walsh played CF. Would love to get his bat in the lineup.

Scoootaahhhhh!!!

Should've been a 2 run blast as it was ball four to Santana.

that was a nice base running mistake...why?

we should keep a tab of stupid base running mistakes for the entire season...

EDIT: ...ad cost us a run with Carter's blast...

:rolleyes

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Braun trying to steal 3B costs them a run. A big blast by Carter gives them a 3-0 lead!!

That's typical. Get throwing out trying to steal, cost your team a run. Argh.

no doubt, it is an ongoing thing for the Brewers...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

22 pitch, 3-run 1st inning... I'll take that any day of the week!

Braun looked safe at third. Granted, if he's called safe, Carter may get a different pitch that results in a Gidp. Brewers must have had a scouting report they liked on the catcher or pitcher.

Archived