Brewer Fanatic

MILB tv

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Yeah this would be a good year to get MILB and not MLB if you could only pick one.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Here are the subscription details:

http://www.milb.com/milb/multimedia/

$49.99 for the year or $12.99 per month. The list of supported devices is limited (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). Complete game archives are available on demand. There are a few blackout restrictions that apply to people in small areas out east.

Does anyone know of there's a free trial? I don't see one mentioned.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

When I bought my MLB.TV yearly subscription, there was an opportunity to buy a year of MiLB.TV as well for only $24.99, which I did happily.

I've had it in the past. The quality of the video is determined by the quality of the equipment each affiliate possesses, so the video quality varies wildly from team to team. I'm hoping the overall quality has improved over the last time I had it a few years ago, but we'll see. For $25 it was worth the risk.

The video in the demo is so-so.

The FAQ appears to be out of date. It says that Flash is required, but the demo played without it. I had no trouble using AirPlay to transmit the demo video from Safari on my Mac to my Apple TV. I'd assume that AirPlay would work fine off of an iOS device too.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
The benefit for me is the archiving, because no matter how poorly the big league club is playing, I'll prioritize watching the MLB crew live over the kids live, and obviously I'm a huge minor league fan. So if there's a great moment, or an injury situation, or you want to check out a particular rally, you can view that -- keep in mind it's all AAA games, most AA games, no high-A games, many A games, and a few rookie games.

Or so they say. The FAQ may need updating, so it might pay to call and ask.

I wonder if the site works in a web browser on Android.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
I have the mlb and milb combo, but when I log on to milb, it tells me I do not have a subscription. How do I get to my milb subscription with it being a bundle? Milb is one very confusing and non-user friendly site.

Same exact thing happened to me Opening Night (for the second straight year).

Call 866-644-2687, I believe it's round-the-clock support. Took them about 15 minutes to correct.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Assuming you purchased MLB.TV and MiLB.TV at the same time, there should be a link in the MLB.TV purchase confirmation email that you have to click on to activate your MiLB.TV subscription.

True, but despite my "clickage" of said link three years ago, it never seems to renew properly without phone help intervention. Maybe for others, too...

Archived