Brewer Fanatic

2016 Random MLB News & Notes Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the Pirates/DBacks 13-inning game, pinch hitting pitchers were 2 for 3 with Grienke and Niese each getting a hit. Shelby Miller also played an inning in left field.

Maybe he will stay there as apparently he can't throw a pitch anymore without cutting his hand up on the mound.

Wait, I thought MLB was totally clean and that no one used performance enhancing drugs anymore since the new testing came into play and that's why scoring is down.... that's what the media told me....

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Dee Gordon being busted has to be very low on peoples list of who you would've thought was on PED's.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Dee Gordon being busted has to be very low on peoples list of who you would've thought was on PED's.

Which is why I think about 60-75% of the league probably does something.

In funnier news...I saw this and laughed a solid amount.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2016/04/24/617904283/1461463208521/asset_1800K.mp4

This has got to be and will forever be the worst challenge ever. Whomever decided to challenge this should be fired, or at the very least be ridiculed forever.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Well... PEDS aren't just for making you bulkier/bigger/stronger. (which I understand everyone knows). Sometimes it's just a recovery thing, especially during a 162 game season which is a heavy grind on the body. Gordon is 28, which I understand he's not an "old man", but when you start to age and get closer to 30, your body doesn't recover the way it did when you were 19- 20 years old. Sometimes PEDS are just used for recovery and not building up and making you bigger.

Truth be told, there isn't a single guy who would be named at this point who would surprise me.

Word is that there will be a bunch of PED suspensions coming out soon and they all tested positive for the same thing. Some might say that this means testing is working or that there is some new Biogenisis type scandal out there.

Both are reasonable but if you have a bunch of random, no-name players testing positive for the same (in this case, really old school) substance it certainly brings up the possibility that there is some tainted supplement out there like the players have been saying.

Verified Member

Which is why I think about 60-75% of the league probably does something.

In funnier news...I saw this and laughed a solid amount.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2016/04/24/617904283/1461463208521/asset_1800K.mp4

This has got to be and will forever be the worst challenge ever. Whomever decided to challenge this should be fired, or at the very least be ridiculed forever.

Mattingly is such a clown. What a horrible manager.

Whereas the Brewers are among the top walkers in the NL, they are tied for the fewest HBP. Does that mean we are as a team not trying to crowd the plate or are we still in sample sample territory?

Whereas the Brewers are among the top walkers in the NL, they are tied for the fewest HBP. Does that mean we are as a team not trying to crowd the plate or are we still in sample sample territory?

HBP totals mean nothing really. There's no reason for a batter to crowd the plate if he's not comfortable there.

HBP totals mean nothing really. There's no reason for a batter to crowd the plate if he's not comfortable there.

I just remember a time not that long ago that we were leading in the HBPs

I just remember a time not that long ago that we were leading in the HBPs

That was because of Weeks and Fielder and playing the Cardinals who knew they could hit as many batters as they wanted without retaliation.

Well... PEDS aren't just for making you bulkier/bigger/stronger. (which I understand everyone knows). Sometimes it's just a recovery thing, especially during a 162 game season which is a heavy grind on the body. Gordon is 28, which I understand he's not an "old man", but when you start to age and get closer to 30, your body doesn't recover the way it did when you were 19- 20 years old. Sometimes PEDS are just used for recovery and not building up and making you bigger.

Truth be told, there isn't a single guy who would be named at this point who would surprise me.

Makes me think of former Brewer Alex Sanchez, the first MLB player busted under the then-new PED protocol. Smaller speedy guy.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2029037

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Verified Member
The NFL has warned players to avoid certain meats because they contain a banned substance. Not saying that's why guys are testing positive but it's a possibility.

Sounds like a cover story so the NFL can make the laughable claim that it is meaningfully testing any of its players.

The NFL has warned players to avoid certain meats because they contain a banned substance. Not saying that's why guys are testing positive but it's a possibility.

Sounds like a cover story so the NFL can make the laughable claim that it is meaningfully testing any of its players.

Except no one gives a crap about PED's in football so there's nothing to cover up. Players get suspended all the time and no one bats an eye.

Except no one gives a crap about PED's in football so there's nothing to cover up. Players get suspended all the time and no one bats an eye.

There's such a double standard when it comes to PEDs in MLB, versus PEDs in every other sport. It's very bizarre.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Chicago Cubs lead the league in team ERA. Not one single pitcher on their roster was originally drafted or signed by the Cubs.

Kyle Hendricks is the youngest pitcher on the entire staff (26.5 years old) and the only starter under the age of 30.

I doubt it will happen, but I hope Harper gets a harsh suspension for his antics the other night. I realize he is a fun and exciting player to watch and he's good for the game in that aspect, but that should not give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants (including coming back onto the field after being tossed). If he does not get some sort of suspension it seems to me as if MLB would be completely undermining umpires and over protecting one of it's star players. I'm guessing the umpire told him that he can not be back on the field and that's when Harper told him to f off. Then continued the same attitude during the post game press conference. MLB needs to show support for the umpires in this situation.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I doubt it will happen, but I hope Harper gets a harsh suspension for his antics the other night. I realize he is a fun and exciting player to watch and he's good for the game in that aspect, but that should not give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants (including coming back onto the field after being tossed). If he does not get some sort of suspension it seems to me as if MLB would be completely undermining umpires and over protecting one of it's star players. I'm guessing the umpire told him that he can not be back on the field and that's when Harper told him to f off. Then continued the same attitude during the post game press conference. MLB needs to show support for the umpires in this situation.

I don't know what the rules are but the game was over so I don't see why Harper wouldn't be allowed on the field. And his ejection was crap. The ump was looking for someone to toss. You couldn't even see where he was in the dugout. How the ump had any clue who said anything is beyond me.

Voices are distinguishable. Doesn't have to see Harper to recognize his voice. Especially after having it raised towards you earlier in the game. I agree he should receive a susp. post ejection to get back on the field and fire more vocal shots towards the ump. That's minimum a 2nd ejection offense in my eyes. Which would mean another game. Just something that puts responsibility for his actions. Seeing especially has he's gaining traction as the #1 player in all of baseball. Call it a fathering moment. Because 18yr olds and younger are impressionable and right now it's okay to argue post game with the ump who ejected you.

Archived