Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-06 Giants (Samardzija) at Brewers (Jungmann), 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; avoid 0-162 season]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 6 | 12:40 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (2-0) | Brewers (0-2)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers1.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/giants_samardzija-jeff-03.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_jungmann-taylor-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jeff Samardzija[/pitcher][h2]0-0 — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Miller Park has not been kind to Samardzija, who’s 0-3 with a 6.30 ERA in 13 games there, including six starts. He’s 2-6 with a 4.80 ERA against the Brewers overall.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Before a late-season fade, Jungmann dazzled in the wake of a June 9 callup to Milwaukee. He went 9-5 with a 2.42 ERA over his first 16 big league starts, 10 of them quality starts. He was the team’s first round pick in the 2011 draft.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Ángel Pagán (S)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. C Buster Posey ®
  4. RF Hunter Pence ®
  5. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  6. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  7. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  8. RHP Jeff Samardzija ®
  9. CF Gregor Blanco (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Ramón Flores (L)
  7. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  8. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®
  9. SS Jonathan Villar (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Brewer pitchers have to keep opponents to 3 or less runs most games to have a chance-just like the old Bud teams. The only reason that changed was Yount was ready to golf rather than waste his career playing for a BS team. Bud would have been lynched if he let Yount go. We don't have a player like Yount to help us now. People better come to the realization that this will go on for as long as it takes for someone to stand up to ownership or move on to a city where ownership would rather be. For now, we are a stage for owners to give family members a tryout for singing gigs. Anyone who has followed the crew from the pilot days will know what I'm talking about - might not agree, but it should be concerned.

Looks like Brewer pitchers have to keep opponents to 3 or less runs most games to have a chance-just like the old Bud teams. The only reason that changed was Yount was ready to golf rather than waste his career playing for a BS team. Bud would have been lynched if he let Yount go. We don't have a player like Yount to help us now. People better come to the realization that this will go on for as long as it takes for someone to stand up to ownership or move on to a city where ownership would rather be. For now, we are a stage for owners to give family members a tryout for singing gigs. Anyone who has followed the crew from the pilot days will know what I'm talking about - might not agree, but it should be concerned.

There is a plan, it's just going to be very very painful at the MLB level for a few years. Call it a tank, call it rebuild, it doesnt matter, the result will be the same. This team will be horrible and we will be drafting very high and building up some very big names in the minors that *hopefully* will be the next Yount and Molitor.

See: Cubs, Chicago and Astros, Houston

This type of post, pretty much every game (and I know it is not just you), is going to get really old soon. If it hasn't already. We get it. They may truly stink this year. Get over it. It was going to happen as they needed to restock the farm system. It's not even done yet as we still have guys like Luc and Braun on this team. Most teams in a complete rebuild do not have that going for them. Enjoy the youngsters trying to make their way and hope that this team can find its stride and become competitive. Otherwise what the heck are you doing watching them or even better yet, posting about them on message boards? It's just silly and I hope it doesn't continue in these forums or I may have to say my goodbye's for awhile. Ridiculous.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm much happier about where the franchise is as a whole right now than I was a year ago.

Last year it was only we need this, this, this, this and this to go perfectly and we might have a shot at a wildcard but really for this year only because other than Arcia and Lopez, we don't really have any great prospects to look forward to.

I'm glad they decided to bite the bullet and go into a full rebuild instead of the put together a decent team and hope 5 or 6 things go perfectly for us to maybe get a chance to play in the playoffs.

This team is all about the minors and the drafts in 16, 17, and 18.

The Cubs front office thinks only about the 16 WS, Our front office thinks about the first pick in the 17 draft. Thats the reality of a team in the rebuild process. You guys are looking at the Cards, Cubs, and Pirates, Im concerned about Atl, Cinn, and Phil.

I myself don't see bad baseball because I knew the expectations were low and Im only looking at the growth of specific players and the next wave down on the farm when it starts and the drafts the next few years. If you honestly thought this team was going to be better than last year, then you are going through a recalibration process to the new reality.

Everyone we will face will seem like an ace.

Go away.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It was a strikeout with Braun yesterday in a key spot and now a Lucroy tapper back to the pitcher in the 1st when a ground ball scores at least one. We have to have these two get their acts together and get hits in key spots for us to have an offense this season.

And a Carter, K. Come on guys. And Flores. Brutal. Gotta capitalize!

It was a strikeout with Braun yesterday in a key spot and now a Lucroy tapper back to the pitcher in the 1st when a ground ball scores at least one. We have to have these two get their acts together and get hits in key spots for us to have an offense this season.

That's where a guy like Carter kills you in the 5 hole.

That's where a guy like Carter kills you.

Just now got to see that Aaron Hill over the shoulder catch, fire it home to get the runner double play. Special. This guy has impressed me so far with his defense at 3B. I sure hope the bat can be serviceable and we'll have someone knocking on our door later this year. Or maybe we sign him to a long term deal.

That's where a guy like Carter kills you.

And Lucory. And Flores. You can't cherry pick. Luc has to get that ball past the pitcher in his at bat.

Santana with the knock. 2-2! Come on Scooter and get this run in.

Archived