Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-05 Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

1992casey
Why isn't that a RBI for Flores? I never knew that. Even if you hit into double play, you still brought that run home.... Is Brian just blowing smoke or for 28 years have I somehow never know that?

Nope he's not, it's no RBI. Not sure what the reasoning is behind it, probably not wanting to reward the hitter for a bad play.

True that you still brought the run home. But you could say the same if you reached on an error and the run scored which in most cases would also not be an RBI.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing like getting jammed on the first pitch of an at bat.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

that's the braunie i know and love...chase that down and away for strike 3!

Yes because Braun is such a bad hitter that he always chases low and away.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know you obviously can't determine anything this early, but I have a bad feeling that this late in Braun's career, he's going to turn into a .270, 20 HR 'meh' kind of player.

He might already be that kind of player.

Who was responsible for the runner going home. I would blame ED on that. But everyone likes him so much, he can do no wrong.

The contact play is called by the manager. You could see on the replay that the runner broke as soon as the ball was hit. Sedar didn't tell him to go.

I'll take this game out of Nelson every time. Great outing. Could've broke when he had bases loaded and no outs but didn't.

I don't get this? Only 88 pitches, and you're going to use a PH in the bottom half anyway, let him get another hitter or two and see if he can get a ground ball.

I hope the reliever doesn't come in and blow this thing up.

Archived