Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-05 Giants (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 5 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (1-0) | Brewers (0-1)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents/giants_cueto-johnny-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_nelson-jimmy-08.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Johnny Cueto[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Having played previously with Cincinnati, Cueto is familiar with Milwaukee’s Miller Park. Familiarity may breed contempt in this case, since Cue’s career record at Milwaukee is 1-3 with a 4.19 ERA in seven starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]Nelson was Milwaukee’s best starter a year ago, leading the team in starts (30), wins (11), innings (177), and strikeouts (148). He worked all spring on his changeup, a pitch Nelson hopes will make him a four-pitch threat.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Denard Span (L)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. C Buster Posey ®
  4. RF Hunter Pence ®
  5. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  6. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  7. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  8. RHP Johnny Cueto ®
  9. LF Ángel Pagán (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. CF Ramón Flores (L)
  7. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  8. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Losing Garza is not a bad thing. We are a high percent young guys, might as well have another. One problem that Councell said we will miss without Garza are the innings he eats up in a game. Other than that he's not a positive impact to this team.

1.RF Domingo Santana ®

2.2B Scooter Gennett (L)

3.LF Ryan Braun ®

4.C Jonathan Lucroy ®

5.1B Chris Carter ®

6.CF Ramón Flores (L)

7.3B Aaron Hill ®

8.SS Jonathan Villar (S)

9.RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

I would switch Lucroy and Braun. The rest I like.

Since CC biggest mistake was believing Peralta & not Nelson was the Ace of this staff. Time for Jimmy to prove to CC why he is top dog.

If Offense backs him a little this year I give him 17 wins

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yeah 17 will be tough, Sheets couldn't ever even get there on those teams he was stuck on.

Love the new uniforms with them bringing in the old yellow, ball & glove, with the a little lighter navy blue

Nice snag for Villar

Since CC biggest mistake was believing Peralta & not Nelson was the Ace of this staff.

Probably two reason Peralta started opening day:

1. Veteran...more experience. Honestly if there is no clear best pitcher this is usually how it shakes out.

2. Peralta is a trade chip and saying he was your opening day starter is probably the equivalent of a couple sprinkles on a cupcake.

Why isn't that a RBI for Flores? I never knew that. Even if you hit into double play, you still brought that run home.... Is Brian just blowing smoke or for 28 years have I somehow never know that?

Why isn't that a RBI for Flores? I never knew that. Even if you hit into double play, you still brought that run home.... Is Brian just blowing smoke or for 28 years have I somehow never know that?

No RBI is awarded for a run scoring on a double play.

Double play has never been an RBI

No RBI is awarded for a run scoring on a double play.

Hmmm well as my college professor use to say every day "guess that's why you wake up in morning, learn something new every day" ha

Yup, served that up for Crawford nicely

It is accurate. I think whoever made the rule likes punishing players for what is a really really bad good play. I am not sure of the exact reason though. It might be related to the fact they are "letting him score" much like when you steal second and no one tries to cover the bag.

Archived