2016 Milwaukee Brewers Positive Post Thread

pacopete4
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE FUN BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!@

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

when you go into the season with the expectations to win 62 games, its a lot more fun when they begin to exceed that expectation! SET THE BAR LOW, ENJOY WHEN THEY SURPASS IT!! BOOYAHHH!!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
.500 with very little help from Braun. If Braun's big bat returns, they can hang in around .500 for a while. (Not that Braun will necessarily get much better, but hey this is the positive post thread.)

If the starting pitching can at least be "mediocre" I wouldn't be surprised for them to hang around .500 for a while, into June or July. The offense should be middle-of-the-pack, as long as guys like Villar, Santana, and Carter continue to contribute and Gennett's early season surge isn't just smoke and mirrors. We know that Lucroy and Braun will be at least above average, so that's the core of at least an average offense right there.

Everything falls on our rotation. At end of the day, we know Nelson will put us in a position to win every 5th day. Outside of him we have 4 guys who need to prove worth. Our pullpen is a stregth when we go with our big guns (Torres & Freeman are only to I am not confident in)

Our offense has potential to keep use competitive if our rotation continues to pitch well (not like Peralta and Jungmann's one outting)

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yeah I really don't care where they put Wily, if they aren't going to give him the ability to pitch to Maldy, his effective career is over. I will never understand no matter how good Lucroy is, why they stopped Peralta & Maldondo always being paired. If you need Luc's bat, put him at 1B for the game. Maldy is only one who will get Wily back on track. He has pitched to him all through minors, when he first came up, and that connection just works for Wily.

I don't move Thornburg back to rotation. We have plenty of young arms to fill in there. Thornburg is proving himself as a late inning guy. Closing out games is just as important as starting them. Need guys like Thornburg who will get job done.

There is absolutely no evidence for this. Peralta is the same mediocre pitcher whether Lucroy or Moldonado is catching. Baseball-reference has splits by catcher and its is basically the same. A 99 OPS+ with Lucroy in 265.1 innings and a 100 OPS+ with Moldonado in 257.2 innings The ERA is different but that is likely more due to the CS% with Lucroy at a mediocre 18% but Moldonado at a unlikely to continue 55%.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=peralwi01&year=Career&t=p

Seems to me his era is a full run better this year when Maldy is catching him.

Yeah I really don't care where they put Wily, if they aren't going to give him the ability to pitch to Maldy, his effective career is over. I will never understand no matter how good Lucroy is, why they stopped Peralta & Maldondo always being paired. If you need Luc's bat, put him at 1B for the game. Maldy is only one who will get Wily back on track. He has pitched to him all through minors, when he first came up, and that connection just works for Wily.

I don't move Thornburg back to rotation. We have plenty of young arms to fill in there. Thornburg is proving himself as a late inning guy. Closing out games is just as important as starting them. Need guys like Thornburg who will get job done.

There is absolutely no evidence for this. Peralta is the same mediocre pitcher whether Lucroy or Moldonado is catching. Baseball-reference has splits by catcher and its is basically the same. A 99 OPS+ with Lucroy in 265.1 innings and a 100 OPS+ with Moldonado in 257.2 innings The ERA is different but that is likely more due to the CS% with Lucroy at a mediocre 18% but Moldonado at a unlikely to continue 55%.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=peralwi01&year=Career&t=p

Seems to me his era is a full run better this year when Maldy is catching him.

More like just under half a run and all the peripherals are nearly identical so I would say that is just noise.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

More like just under half a run and all the peripherals are nearly identical so I would say that is just noise.

That, and 3 starts is the very definition of small sample. Hence my bad joke about Chase Anderson being the best pitcher in MLB history since he's 0.00 after 2 starts.

Back to the positive. TRats beat Cards affiliate yesterday. Enjoy wins against the Cardinals at any level!

We've played a very tough schedule and are 4-5. The schedule is pretty brutal to start this season, and we're holding our own.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewers have swung at the least amount of pitches in baseball this year. The last two years they were the team to swing at the most. Even better they have swung at the least amount of pitches out of the strike zone. Though they have also swung at the least amount in the zone too.

I hope it becomes one of those things that can rub off on players and become an organizational thing. The results are pretty bad because our hitters are pretty crummy right now, but if it can rub off on the likes of Arcia/Phillips/etc. it will be a success in the end.

http://www.fangraphs.com/community/the-brewers-arent-swinging-anymore/

Picked up a game on the division today. Out of the cellar in the Central. Only a game back in the Wild Card race. A chance to win a road series and to have at least a .500 road trip in STL & PIT.(two playoff teams a year ago)
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I absolutely love defeating the St Louis Cardinals. No team in sports stokes as much pure hatred within me as that self-righteous organization.

You are not alone. That bunch drives me crazy. :tongue

Pretty interesting how a team that many thought would potentially lose 100 games this year is already far better through the first 10 games than a team a year ago many thought was a playoff contender. I'm not complaining though as it's good to see the big league roster playing competitive baseball which gives me a bit more hope when some of our prospects start coming up, better things will be on the horizon.

They may eventually fall off a cliff at some point this season and get on a losing streak, but I'll enjoy this despite Peralta doing his best Kyle Lohse impression so far.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brewers have swung at the least amount of pitches in baseball this year. The last two years they were the team to swing at the most. Even better they have swung at the least amount of pitches out of the strike zone. Though they have also swung at the least amount in the zone too.

I hope it becomes one of those things that can rub off on players and become an organizational thing. The results are pretty bad because our hitters are pretty crummy right now, but if it can rub off on the likes of Arcia/Phillips/etc. it will be a success in the end.

http://www.fangraphs.com/community/the-brewers-arent-swinging-anymore/

3rd most walks in the NL! If their team batting average can get up to...average they might have something on offense eventually.

And really it's just Broxton, Hill, Flores, and Rivera that have been the weight around the neck of team BA. They are hitting a combined 11 for 76 (.145). Everyone else with 10 more more AB's is hitting .250 or better.

Not to mention they've been horrible with RISP (.219 BA). I figure that will come around eventually.

But again.....small samples all around.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived