Brewer Fanatic

2016 Milwaukee Brewers Positive Post Thread

pacopete4
Colin Walsh does not look over matched at the plate. His approach is perfect for a pinch-hitter.

I want to see him get more at bats. I like his approach and his swing. Feels like there is more power to him on the left side and could put a few into the short porch.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colin Walsh does not look over matched at the plate. His approach is perfect for a pinch-hitter.

I want to see him get more at bats. I like his approach and his swing. Feels like there is more power to him on the left side and could put a few into the short porch.

2 AB's and he has worked the count and smoked the ball...sadly right to SS and RF. Eventually those will find holes.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Whether it was "paid" attendance or not, over 24,000 is pretty impressive for Game Two.

I was at the game and I missed when they announced it but remember commenting to my buddy that I figured they had about 25k and it was a pretty good crowd. Early on it was empty but filled in nicely and we were joking that the Bucks may have more for their home game.

Nelson was fantastic too!

Whether it was "paid" attendance or not, over 24,000 is pretty impressive for Game Two.

It is impressive. I wish I was there. I love Miller Park. After freezing my nether regions in some early season games at County Stadium, I am so grateful for the roof. It would have been a terrible environment on Monday had it been open air.

When I look at the Twins, Cubs, White Sox, etc. trying to play early season games in this weather, it just makes me happy that the Brewers have the facility that they do.

Nelson, now Jungmann gave back to back starts that we as Brewers fans can get used to. Might not win either game but it's a start.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

When I look at the Twins, Cubs, White Sox, etc. trying to play early season games in this weather, it just makes me happy that the Brewers have the facility that they do.

My daughter saw the Twins rolling out the tarp in the rain and asked me what that was for. When I told her, the response was, "Why don't they just build a roof?" I laughed and laughed.

I was pretty impressed with Nelson the other day. 88 pitches and was in the 8th inning. Got to love that efficiency.

I'm thrilled with what seems like a better overall team approach at the plate. They've done a great job all series working the count and getting on base, the big hits with runners on will come, just a few unlucky cases of double plays and the human windmill at 3rd base cutting down what would have been a high scoring series.

If this were a contending team, there's no way I'd want to risk letting Scooter Gennett try to learn how to handle LHP's. But, in this scenario I see no reason than to let him have his hacks. Should he learn to be serviceable against LHP's, he'll be a solid player for the next few years.

If this were a contending team, there's no way I'd want to risk letting Scooter Gennett try to learn how to handle LHP's. But, in this scenario I see no reason than to let him have his hacks. Should he learn to be serviceable against LHP's, he'll be a solid player for the next few years.

Yea, his approach at the plate looks better. The only bummer for me about letting Scooter play pretty much everyday is that i was looking forward to seeing Walsh get a few starts a week at secondbase.

Their are some positive good AB like Scooter approach and liking Santana leading off but not crazy about Hill batting 6. It nice to see Nelsin ang Jugmann going back to back good starts. Like these two moving forward in the future.

Yeah buddy!!! Thanks for getting this going! !

Yeah, when I saw who'd posted this I did a double take. Although the lead post was seriously lacking in caps lock & exclamation points, so that should've tipped me off!

My daughter saw the Twins rolling out the tarp in the rain and asked me what that was for. When I told her, the response was, "Why don't they just build a roof?" I laughed and laughed.

:laughing

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Thought about starting a separate thread for this one, but I guess it belongs here. According to this list, Brewerfans are the most tolerable in all of baseball. Cardinals and Cub fans have predictable rankings on this list:

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/major-league-baseballs-worst-fans-worst-fans-in-mlb

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Thought about starting a separate thread for this one, but I guess it belongs here.

Either way is fine. If a post in this topic generates a bunch of replies, we can always split them off.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Cubs are only 3 more catastrophic injuries to their core for the Brewers to be their equal!

Seriously, Anderson and Jungmann looked solid. Now they just need Davies to force them to keep him in the big leagues and the rotation will look good!

Archived