Brewer Fanatic

2016 Milwaukee Brewers Positive Post Thread

pacopete4
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've really enjoyed Villar so far. I kind of expected him to be pretty good. He was DS's steal from Houston. I think of him like Podsednik with Melvin.

Agreed. I was hype happy on him his callup for Houston. He provided SBs so many. Now that he's increased his BA+OB his SB+Run contributions just confirm the original Hype surrounding him that Houston didn't go with.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Jeremy Jeffress

Will Smith

Tyler Thornburg

Michael Blazek

Corey Knebel

That's a very interesting core of relievers that we can hang our hats on for the next few years.

I am looking forward to see how Barnes and Magnifico do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
1/3 of the way through the season and on pace for 75 wins. Pretty poor tanking job so far.

They'd have to play .343 ball the rest of the way to lose 100 games.

Winning record in May - 15-14. Of course, it helps that 17 of those games were against teams with worse records than ours.

The Brewers bullpen is really, really good. Especially now with Smith back. If they can continue to get quality starts this team is pretty solid. At least until they start shipping guys off.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Brewers bullpen is really, really good. Especially now with Smith back. If they can continue to get quality starts this team is pretty solid. At least until they start shipping guys off.

If Garza can come back and revert to the mean of his really consistent career, I like the odds of us playing .500 ball for awhile. Our bullpen is seriously legit, and the new approach we have at the plate will continue to keep us in games/score runs. Sure it's unrealistic, but we're only 4 or 4.5 out of both wild card slots...this season is by no means over yet. Much more than I expected at this point!

The downer (and I know it's the positive thread, I'll get there) is this team is a 6-8 game losing streak from calling the season BUT they are a 6-8 game winning streak away from turning some heads in the NL. Yeah we are not catching the Cubs but that second WC is always up for grabs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Three games under and boy does that feel great to say. Not many were very positive about this team. Our pitching staff seems to have settled in under our new pitching coach. The next 28 games will be a true test as to how this season could play itself out.

28 Games until All-Star Break:

4 vs. NYM

3 vs. SFG

2 vs. OAK

6 vs. WAS

7 vs. LAD

6 vs. STL

13 home/15 away

Should be interesting!

Feel like the pitching staff (outside of Peralta of course) has been sneaky good in the last month. Hopefully Davies and Anderson have turned a corner and Nelson and Guerra can continue doing what they're doing. It's encouraging.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Scooter Gennett has a .982 OPS vs. LHP in 2016. Yeah, yeah, sample size, but he was criticized for not hitting them on ridiculously small sample sizes too. Brewers look to be set in the infield for next couple years. It's not that they can't upgrade of course, but it will take a bona fide potential All Star to dislodge guys like Arcia, Villar, and even Carter and Gennett, with Perez a top flight utility behind them.

• 1 month later...
Back to 10 games under. Only 9 back of the Wild Card.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeep!!!! See ya Pirates!!

Back to single digits under .500, and the JV is 3-0!

Check out the schedule coming up. SD, AZ, Atl, Cin for next 13 games. Only 9 under right now and 9 out of wild card. Go 10-3 in those and they're only 2 under. Maybe we're looking at this all wrong and we should be buyers? Arcia for Sale?

Archived