Brewer Fanatic

2016 Milwaukee Brewers Positive Post Thread

pacopete4

I know I need this thread so I'll start one.

The opener was tough to watch today but I believe Nelson will steer us towards a series win beginning tomorrow night!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah buddy!!! Thanks for getting this going! !

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Domingo is looking great, continuing his impressive spring. How quick is his bat?! I was so impressed last year when he was turning around Chapman fastballs.... Continuing to see it this year, not getting jammed by Bum's cut fastball.

I know Broxton didn't do much today, but physically I didn't realize how big and lanky he actually is. Just hit a little, kid.

5 walks from our infielders (including catcher) yesterday. Did that happen all of last year? And against a guy with a walk rate less than 5% each of the last 2 seasons.

Peralta's fastball velocity was up almost a MPH over last season yesterday.

It was great to see our batters working counts and taking pitches. I can definitely get on board with this approach because over the course of a season it truly will make a difference.

The Brewer saw 165 pitches yesterday as a team; walking 5 times with 8 hits but did strike out 10 times.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Scooter being so committed to forcing his way into every day role is exciting. Sick or not, MadBum is close to as good as it gets for LP's in baseball....Scooter looked outstanding at the plate.

We got it out of the way, Brewers now know that Chris Carter should never be sent to get extra base.....it is out of the way now

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

For a guy his size, Scooter has always been able to generate a lot of bat speed. His confidence cratered early on last year, but he's never looked better. Before everyone starts salivating about his trade value, keep in mind he's the same age as Keon Broxton. Maybe before the season's over they might want to think about buying out his arby years and add another year or two of control.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It was great to see our batters working counts and taking pitches. I can definitely get on board with this approach because over the course of a season it truly will make a difference.

The Brewer saw 165 pitches yesterday as a team; walking 5 times with 8 hits but did strike out 10 times.

Strikeouts are definitely a side effect of taking more pitches, but one I will gladly suffer if it means we're walking more, carrying a higher OBP as a team, and just making pitchers throw more pitches.

This is finally a smart approach. I was so sick of all of our hitters going 1-2-3 on 5 pitches year after year.

That said, this thread title should be in blue.

This is finally a smart approach. I was so sick of all of our hitters going 1-2-3 on 5 pitches year after year.

Even in what will most likely be a tough year for the W/L record, there will be things that individual fans will take enjoyment out of watching. Watching some new young guys break in and hopefully develop, maybe some kids like Arcia or Phillips make the 25 man later in the year and play good ball. That's what this thread is about.

It's going to be a rough season but these aren't the Selig-Prieb years. It's refreshing to see fellow fans understand this rebuilding faze really does have a light at the end of the tunnel.

I was just really astounded how David Stearns and Craig Counsell changed the personnel and approach of the ball club over the last six months. With the Minors vastly improved and money coming off of the books, Stearns and his team are improving the areas Melvin couldn't keep stocked.

It'll be a fun year.

Even in what will most likely be a tough year for the W/L record, there will be things that individual fans will take enjoyment out of watching. Watching some new young guys break in and hopefully develop, maybe some kids like Arcia or Phillips make the 25 man later in the year and play good ball. That's what this thread is about.

Honestly, and this probably isn't overly 'positive' but as someone who roots for the Brewers, but really just likes to go and watch games, I've always sorta liked years like this. I grabbed two for tonight in 115 for 20$ a piece on the internet, will go, have a beer, watch Johnny Cueto pitch which I always love to see and have a great time regardless of result!

It's gonna be cold, it might rain, but I'm going to sit and watch live baseball with good company, a beer, and a dog and I couldn't be happier about that!

Agreed. There is literally no reason to ever open this thread if you don't have anything nice to say.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nelson was really good tonight

I agree. I was just thinking about that while reading Jim Bowden's piece at ESPN.com where he ranks all 30 teams pitching staffs. Says he loves Wily Peralta but thinks the rest of the Brewer staff is 'just trying to keep them in games.' Not sure why every pitcher wouldn't do that. Seeing him love Peralta makes me wish Bowden was still a GM so Stearns could fleece him.

Whether it was "paid" attendance or not, over 24,000 is pretty impressive for Game Two.

I hope they draw well this year. 68K in 2 games for a Monday, Tuesday game is a good thing. I know their losing has zero impact on the amount of games I go to. I just enjoy going out to the ballpark. Same with T-Rats, I don't go to see them win, that is a perk. I go because I enjoy baseball, family, friends, and atmosphere. Plus, more attendance equals more money to put away to retain our young talent when the time comes.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived