Brewer Fanatic

2016 Brewer predictions

davego

Record: 76-86; 4th place in the NL Central

Team MVP: Jonathan Lucroy

Home Runs: Domingo Santana; 31

Wins: Jimmy Nelson, 15

Bold Predictions: Jonathan Lucroy will NOT be traded and instead extended. Ryan Braun will NOT be out half the season and instead revert closer to his career norms. Wily Peralta will be TRADED by Jan 1 2017.

Record: 76-86; 4th place in the NL Central

Team MVP: Jonathan Lucroy

Home Runs: Domingo Santana; 31

Wins: Jimmy Nelson, 15

Bold Predictions: Jonathan Lucroy will NOT be traded and instead extended. Ryan Braun will NOT be out half the season and instead revert closer to his career norms. Wily Peralta will be TRADED by Jan 1 2017.

Sadly Peralta will have to show something in order to get traded....signs point to that not happening. Sitting 95-98mph is nice but he is just not effective at all right now. He is not even getting many groundballs.

As for team not having an MVP in an earlier post, just remember there are 161 more games left this season so it is not doomsday after yesterday. Plus if season ended right now, Scooter goes home with team MVP. Cappy has been dominant in his new role. He is looking really good as of right now. I could see some high leverage situations coming in his near future, def with Smith out. I still do not believe the Brewers will lose 100 games. There is still enough talent on this team. Bullpen will kill us with how banged up we are.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Record: 68-94; 4th Central

Team MVP: Domingo Santana

Home Runs: Domingo Santana; 28

Wins: Jimmy Nelson; 14

Bold Predictions: Lucroy and Braun will be traded by the deadline. Chris Carter will hit above .250 this season and walk over 75 times.

The Brewers will statistically (offensively) have the best middle infield in the NL Central this year between Villar and Gennett.

Record: 71-91; 4th place

Team MVP: Ryan Braun

Home Runs: Ryan Braun & Domingo Santana 27

Wins: Jimmy Nelson 13

Bold Predictions: Nelson & Jungmann solidify as #2 & #3 MLB pitchers; Domingo Santana becomes a 2012 Corey Hart clone; Braun remains Braun; Scooter continues to strike out too much and walk too little, but learns to adequately hit LHP and develops into a .290 hitter; Keon Broxton plays 2016 like a poor man's Dexter Fowler

Team MVP: Jimmy Nelson

Home Runs: Domingo Santana 29 Chris Carter on pace for 38 is traded.

Wins: Jimmy Nelson 15

Bold Predictions: Ariel Pena is waived by AS break

Colin Walsh remains on team all season

Zach Davies finishes season 2nd on team in wins

Record: 79-83; 4th place in the NL Central.

Home Runs: Ryan Braun 25

Home Runs:

Scooter "I'm a power hitter now" Gennett - 56

Chris "All I do is hit Homeruns" Carter - 57

Slugfest!

Wins: Jimmy Nelson, 13

Bold Prediction: Garza gets shelved for year, Zach Davies gets called up and goes 12-4 in his place 2.9 ERA

Fixed!

• 1 month later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Brewers on pace to win 68 games. I'd say not to far off from a lot of our predictions - many of which ran in the upper 60s to low 70s.

We are tied for the 5th worst record in the league - 18-25.

Lots left to play, however.

Home Runs: Domingo Santana 29 Chris Carter on pace for 38 is traded.

Wins: Jimmy Nelson 15

Bold Predictions: Ariel Pena is waived by AS break

Colin Walsh remains on team all season

Zach Davies finishes season 2nd on team in wins

Oohhh I got Pena waived correct. Far earlier than anticipated.

Carter is on pace for 49HRs atm.

Nelson is on pace for 15wins!

Davies has some work to do on those wins.

About the time to say I want to be wrong on Walsh and see him go bye bye....Means he'll double up his hit total of 4 today to 8 and another month assurance on the team.

FWIW, Jimmy Nelson has 3 hits. in over half the ABs.

Or, 12 ML Pitchers have more Total Bases than Walsh, including Adam Wainwright's more than double at 11 in 17PAs to Walsh's 81. 4XBH ties Walsh's total hits. Heck, let's really embarrass. Combined with Maldonado's 2TB They have 7 combined a full HR behind Wainwright in 100(exact) more PAs!

8games to see the Cardinals, sadly w/o a Wainwright projected start. Should this continue would love to see the shaming comparison side to side.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Record 76-86

Team MVP: Braun

Home Runs: Carter (38)

Wins: Jungmann (14)

Bold Predictions: This team will be at .500 or better entering July.

Oh I got a shot if this team gets hot over the last 13 lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Record: 70-92; 4th place in the NL Central

We'll be better than this. 4th place will be right.

Team MVP: Braun

Should get this one.

Home Runs: Santana - 32

DOAH!

Wins: Nelson - 12

Double DOAH!

Bold Predictions: Lucroy, Scooter, Peralta and Carter are traded by July 31.

1-4. Like a mediocre day at the plate.

Garza and Hill are traded or released by the end of 2016. Cecchini is our 3B by year's end.

Not very good.

Got Hill right - which was not hard. Cecchini ain't happening. Garza is actually doing okay.

Record: 74 - 88 (4th)

Team MVP: Braun. Stays healthy enough to play 140-ish games and posts another .850-ish OPS (nothing bold about this prediction)

Home Runs: Carter and Santana both finish around 30

Wins: Nelson - 14/15

Bold predictions: Keon Broxton will struggle a bit, but I think he settles in as the every day CF and puts up an OPS around .725-.750 or thereabouts.

Right on pace to be within a win or two.

Braun is hands down the team MVP. A case could be argued that it could have been Lucroy had he been with the team for the entire year.

Carter leads the team in home runs, but he exceeded my expectations of 30 homers. Santana didn't but mostly due to injury. He has hit with the expected power when healthy.

Nelson has not been the solid 2 I expected.

My Keon Broxton prediction is almost dead on! Struggled early, came on later, settled in as an every day player.

Record: 74 - 88 (4th)

Team MVP: Braun. Stays healthy enough to play 140-ish games and posts another .850-ish OPS (nothing bold about this prediction)

Home Runs: Carter and Santana both finish around 30

Wins: Nelson - 14/15

Bold predictions: Keon Broxton will struggle a bit, but I think he settles in as the every day CF and puts up an OPS around .725-.750 or thereabouts.

Right on pace to be within a win or two.

Braun is hands down the team MVP. A case could be argued that it could have been Lucroy had he been with the team for the entire year.

Carter leads the team in home runs, but he exceeded my expectations of 30 homers. Santana didn't but mostly due to injury. He has hit with the expected power when healthy.

Nelson has not been the solid 2 I expected.

My Keon Broxton prediction is almost dead on! Struggled early, came on later, settled in as an every day player.

I would only be impressed if you predicted him snapping his wrist in two at Wrigley.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Well only 1 game off of the record. I was a bit off on Santana, but injuries detailed that idea. I have no idea if BRef or anybody can split infield from outfield team OPS, but I'm guessing it's around 780 to 800 based on Villar, Carter, scooter and Arcia's stats

Considering our expectations, I'm pretty happy with this season. This was kind of a "good bad" team in my eyes. Our record wasn't good, obviously (though better than I would've thought), but this team wasn't a pushover. Wasn't a joke.

Record 74-88

Team MVP Ryan Braun

Home Runs Chris Carter (41)

Wins Jimmy Nelson (17)

Breakout Position Player

Santana .295/.405/.515 -.920 OPS

28HRs 77 RBIs (lead off hurts RBIs) 24 SB

Pitcher Jimmy Nelson

17-11 3.15 ERA - 9.5 k/9 3.0 bb/9

Bold Predictions

Braun & Lucroy stay put all season

Arcia waits until August for call-up

Scooter has big season, everyday including lefties

Peralta rebounds, Jungmann struggles

I'm pretty happy with most of my predictions.

Nelson was a huge let down.... Santana's injuries hurt his breakout campaign, and Lucroy left at deadline.

On plus, wins were close, Braun was MVP, Carter hit 41 HRS, Arcia called up into September, Scooter broke out from being platoon guy & had very solid year, Jungmann was terrible as predicted, and Peralta after coming back up finally started to rebound

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived