Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-04 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT … Opening Day! [Brewers lose, 12-3]

1992casey
Counsell emptying the bench early in the 6th. We'll see if this strategy pays off.

That was rookie manager stuff. With our bench not sure what he was trying to accomplish other than to give Kirk and Flores some RBI ABs

I think Broxton will be hit for a lot this year with men on considering both bench OF can play CF.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I read somebody posted on one of the threads they thought Brewers would have a pitching staff in the middle of the pack?

Back to back seasons giving up 12 runs in opener in which the "ace" starts the game.

Hopefully this April will be better than the last one.

9 players make their Brewer debuts today, become the 814th-822nd players to play for the franchise: Broxton, Carter, Villar, Hill, Torres, Walsh, Boyer, Nieuwenhuis, Flores

Torres and Boyer become the 421st and 422nd pitchers in franchise history.

Villar and Hill become the 502nd and 503rd franchise players to get a hit.

Villar becomes the 324th player to hit a HR for the franchise.

Counsell emptying the bench early in the 6th. We'll see if this strategy pays off.

That was rookie manager stuff. With our bench not sure what he was trying to accomplish other than to give Kirk and Flores some RBI ABs

I think Broxton will be hit for a lot this year with men on considering both bench OF can play CF.

In the NL, they better not make it a habit of pinch hitting for their CF, or they have the wrong CF.

I'm sure Broxton can bat vs righties.... I get guys on, Broxton Ks a lot & Flores is a contact guy but Keon laced one that would be gone most days that at bat before, give him a shot and stop over managing. CC trying to outsmart himself

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brian with not one, not two, but three posts... good to have you around

He hasn't been around in so long that he doesn't even know that there's a video tag now and the youtube video he linked could've been shown in this thread. ;)

We left with our friends at the top of the 8th inning...kids at home who needed to get picked up, etc. We left just before Span's three run blast and the two subsequent homers.

We had a great day being back at Miller Park, despite the lousy outcome on the field and less than ideal April weather.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'd like to think he decided to try and use most guys in this game because they were so inexperienced. Might as well get them into the game since we were down 4 or more at the time. I hope that was his thought anyway.

I think you can go get him now.

This was the winning post of the day. Great Major League reference used there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Shame if they waste a game when Bumgarner was far from himself. Nelson deserved the nod for opening day. That's my first "told you so of the year", but it was a no-brainer.

In a season where there's no true ace [sarcasm](Chris Capuano excepted, of course)[/sarcasm], setting the rotation is kind of eeny-meeny-miney-moe...but I would have started Jimmy on Monday too. Fortunately, we'll be at game 2, so we'll get to see his first 2016 start anyway.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

We left with our friends at the top of the 8th inning...kids at home who needed to get picked up, etc. We left just before Span's three run blast and the two subsequent homers.

We had a great day being back at Miller Park, despite the lousy outcome on the field and less than ideal April weather.

It was a mass exodus after Span homered. Then a steady flow of people leaving following the two subsequent homers. There was also a ton of booing.

Archived