Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-04 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT … Opening Day! [Brewers lose, 12-3]

1992casey
Look at what Denard Span does with his right foot while he's hitting. Just watching him hurts.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those splits don't seem to make sense. It indicates no home runs vs a lefty but then indicates Scooter has hit two home runs against left handed starters.

According to Baseball Reference, "vs Starter batting splits are for the entire game when the starter was LH or RH. These splits include any subsequent plate appearances against a reliever regardless of their throwing hand."

Scooter HR & Bb vs MadBum.... Who is a lefty, crown him everyday 2B! :)

Last year highest exit velocity 103.8mph .... His HR 108.7mph. Looks like someone has added some power in his swing

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Some bad fundamentals hurting the team. Error by Scooter, questionable baserunning by Carter, on two plays Santana looked like he didn't have a clue where the ball was going, walking the pitcher. Oh well.

Can't lay down a bunt either.

Well we are off to a good start with getting runners thrown out on the base paths. Maybe it wasn't a Gomez problem...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sedar, what are you doing? It's not Broxton on 2B! Scooter is not a fast guy! Dumb out. By the way Broxton killed that ball, surprised it died that much

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That was a TERRIBLE throw. It was up the line, and a four hopper. (Rewound and watched it again)......and Scooter was STILL out by 3 steps. What in the HECK is Sedar doing there?

I know there's going to be the "the Brewers create runs by being aggressive" crowd, but the only chance he had to be safe would have been if Pagan had airmailed the ball over Posey's head, or the throw had been so offline that Posey would have been unable to actually make a tag.

Ed Sedar is is like having a piece of excrement as your third base coach. I can't take seriously this organization's pursuit of excellence while that man continues to bumble his way through his job.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I believe the answer to the trivia question is President Taft (the first President to throw out an opening day first pitch).

Why did Wily bat with 1 on and 1 out if he wasnt going to start the next half inning? Is there a tenable explanation for that?

Too early to use a pinch hitter? Im guessing.

This is my take, too, given that Scooter reached.

Welcome to Milwaukee, Torres. Thanks for playing.

SF really wants Bumgarner to get the win I guess. Up 7-3 but with the stress he has gone through and his illness I think they could have just pinch hit for him here and sent him to the showers.

Welcome Carlos Torres. Nice way to start for him.

SF really wants Bumgarner to get the win I guess. Up 7-3 but with the stress he has gone through and his illness I think they could have just pinch hit for him here and sent him to the showers.

Welcome Carlos Torres. Nice way to start for him.

I can see why braves sent him down...86-90 velocity...wow.

Well the pitching staff that was in Arizona has made its way all the way up to Milwaukee. Really only will be looking forward to watching Nelson and Jungmann pitch this year.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Counsell emptying the bench early in the 6th. We'll see if this strategy pays off.

Shame if they waste a game when Bumgarner was far from himself. Nelson deserved the nod for opening day. That's my first "told you so of the year", but it was a no-brainer. so I won't be giving myself any pats on the back. I will for Gennett with a HR and a BB vs. a lefty though!

Counsell emptying the bench early in the 6th. We'll see if this strategy pays off.

That was rookie manager stuff. With our bench not sure what he was trying to accomplish other than to give Kirk and Flores some RBI ABs

Archived