Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-04 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT … Opening Day! [Brewers lose, 12-3]

1992casey
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The results of Gennett's at bat here will either be proof that he now can or still can't hit lefties.

Based on a small sample....maybe he can?

I believe that's actually his first homerun vs LH in regular season in his career.

Can confirm.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=gennesc01&year=Career&t=b

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. I won't wet my pants over it. Glad we are all tied up!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

And...lest I forget - "Scooter Gennett is on pace for 162 Home Runs!"

Let's see another homer and Scooter on a pace for 324.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The results of Gennett's at bat here will either be proof that he now can or still can't hit lefties.

EDIT: And...lest I forget - "Scooter Gennett is on pace for 162 Home Runs!"

Actually he's on pace for about 650.

Scooter... swings at a curve above his head looking horrible.... belts a solo shot the next pitch. Talk about night and day on back to back swings.

A mini version of Cory Hart. Mini C.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

EDIT: And...lest I forget - "Scooter Gennett is on pace for 162 Home Runs!"

Actually he's on pace for about 650.

Nahhh. After he starts the season with 20 consecutive home runs teams will start walking him. :tongue

Peralta is becoming one of my least favorite Brewers (not hat he cares). Maybe my expectations have always been too high for him to ever meet for me but he just stinks. He's really not that great. I hope some team is dumb enough to give us something for him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maybe our expectations for Peralta were to high. He was supposed to be the shining star when our minor league system was pretty bad. Maybe in reality his stuff was never that good and we just hyped him to much because there was no one else to hype.

Villar smacks one now. Our middle IF showing some power today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I know this is one game (not even half of one game), but I absolutely don't care if we have 4-5 guys that strike out more than 150 times if the end result is we have a bunch of guys taking pitches, walking a lot, and making pitchers throw a lot of pitches. I like this. It seems like we had a team that just didn't do this much last year.

Maybe our expectations for Peralta were to high. He was supposed to be the shining star when our minor league system was pretty bad. Maybe in reality his stuff was never that good and we just hyped him to much because there was no one else to hype.

I didn't think he was supposed to be much of a star though. I was hoping for a 3.50-3.70 ERA type guy, a solid #3 with maybe a chance to surprise if he could get the walks down. His career ERA is around 4.03 now so he is only one step below my expectations so far.

Archived