Brewer Fanatic

2016-04-04 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT … Opening Day! [Brewers lose, 12-3]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 4 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (0-0) | Brewers (0-0)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/opponents//giants_bumgarner-madison-01.jpghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/igt/2016-pitcher-photos/brewers/brewers_peralta-wily-06.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Madison Bumgarner[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]This will mark Bumgarner’s third consecutive Opening Day start, halfway to Juan Marichal’s San Francisco-era mark of six. Bumgarner’s previous two were at Arizona’s Chase Field, where he won last year and received a no decision in 2014.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]0-0, — ERA, — WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log (2015)[/h3][h3]The big 26-year old won 17 games in 2014, but he was limited to 20 starts last season by a left oblique strain. He is the first Brewers’ international signee wholly developed in-house to start on Opening Day.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Denard Span (L)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. C Buster Posey ®
  4. RF Hunter Pence ®
  5. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  6. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  7. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  8. LHP Madison Bumgarner ®
  9. LF Ángel Pagán (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Domingo Santana ®
  2. SS Jonathan Villar (S)
  3. LF Ryan Braun ®
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  5. 1B Chris Carter ®
  6. 3B Aaron Hill ®
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  8. RHP Wily Peralta ®
  9. CF Keon Broxton ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know they aren't going to be very good this year and I know the weather forecast is awful but I still am going opening day and I still will follow them. It will be even better when some of the kids like Arcia and other come up later.

Cardinals are in last place behind the Brewers. Let's just call it a season.

I'm good with that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't really care if the Brewers are expected to suck; opening day and baseball season are awesome. Hoping for some surprises at the big league level and continued improvement in the minors. I am really looking forward to the seasons for Lucroy and Santana. Lucroy is obvious, the better season he has the better the team will be in the long run from a trade. As for Santana I hope he can become a borderline star that can make an All Star game or two.

Based on Spring Training the pitching is going to be a trainwreck but I'll hope for the best.

It will be a nice cold tailgate this morning

Hooray!! Baseball is here. As for the season and expectation of the down year, I agree it will be but the NL also has a solid hold on the cellar. Teams like the Phillies, Braves, Reds, Padres, and Rockies all need to play someone. Tossing in the Brewers, fangraphs has those 6 teams to finish as the 6 worst teams in all of baseball. But who cares - Baseball is here!

"Opening Day" by Terry Cashman (the guy who wrote the "Talkin' Baseball" song)

VERSE

Well, I count up the days in a winter haze

Since the leaves began to fall.

Now it won’t be long ‘til the sun comes shining through.

When the camps start breakin,’ my spirits awaken

To an irresistible call,

Of an old American song that’s always new

CHORUS

And the robin is here,

The sky is so blue.

There’s a band, there’s music

And the flags are flying, too.

The grass is so green,

It’s like never before,

It’s Opening Day,

I can be a kid once more.

VERSE

Now will the champs repeat in the summer heat?

Will the races go down to the wire?

In April ev’ry team has a chance to wear the ring.

And there’s a rookie phenom

Who tore up the farm,

And the fans never seem to get tired

Of chasing the dreams that dance in the air ev’ry spring.

CHORUS

Yeah, the robin is here,

And the sky is so blue.

There’s a band, and there’s music,

The flags are flying, too.

The grass is so green,

It’s like never before,

Yeah, it’s Opening Day,

I can be a kid once more.

BRIDGE

So open the gates

And let the people in.

Let the games begin.

And may the home team always win!

CHORUS

The robin is here,

The sky, so blue.

There’s a band, and there’s music,

And the flags are flyin’, too.

The grass is so green,

It’s like never before,

It’s Opening Day,

Yes, it’s Opening Day,

It’s Opening Day

And we all can be kids once more.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

MLB's Gameday doesn't indicate that the game being broadcast in Spanish on WRRD (1510 AM). However, MLB.TV does. So I've added that tidbit to the lead with the caveat that it may or may not be accurate. In the past, WRRD has broadcast home day games.

Also, today's game is the free game of the day on MLB.TV.

I believe that if you have DirecTV you also have free MLB TV for the first week of the season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Extra Innings may be free for a week on all cable and satellite systems that offer it. That generally happens again right after the All Star game.

Very much looking forward to today's game. Here's hoping Wily pitches a gem!!!!

Scooter Gennett has become my favorite player. I'm glad to see him get the start vs LHP today. If ever there was a season where he should be allowed to show that he can hit lefties, it is this one

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Gennett against Bumgarner is a disaster, and Braun should be batting second, but otherwise I like the lineup construction.

Definitely looking forward to this season, as much for following the farm system as anything, but plenty to watch for at the MLB level too.

Just keep Lucroy healthy until he's traded, and then I can watch the games with a lot less apprehension.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just nice to have baseball back.

I want to win a lot, but I'm realistic and know that likely won't happen this year. Still, I'm excited to see how guys develop - Villar, Santana, Broxton playing today - all players who could be part of the future (or end up being bad). It'll be fun seeing who steps up.

I also just realized that I would take the SF player over the MIL player at every single slot in today's lineup, 1-9. That's amazing.

Responding to your previous post Let's keep Luc healthy until the trade. I really think not moving him yet is playing with fire.

As for the lineup, well, you know my thoughts on the season.

I'd like to see if Scooter and Santana can make the leap to the next level. I think Braun and Luc will be traded this season, which will make the rest of the lineup interesting.

Archived