Brewer Fanatic

What every team in baseball would look like if there were no trades or free agency

adambr2

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Granted he's only a bench player but wouldn't Aoki technically be considered a free agent?

I'm guessing he is included since that would be how he initially came into the league. I would expect the same from Cuba and other international countries not included in the draft.

Not a playoff team imo. Lot of players who feel to be in the downside of their career. Probably not a surprise the way the team was built through trade lately.

I think it holds up pretty well against the other lineups. Nats look good but everyone else is pretty weak.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Also, I forgot the Cubs had Donaldson at one time. sheesh.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Verified Member

Fun but flowed.

Jake Odorizzi was drafted with a bonus pick got through losing a free agent. Making it a pick we would not had if there was no free agency and you can't say if we would of took him with the next pick we have or if someone else would of took him before then.

Fun but flowed.

Jake Odorizzi was drafted with a bonus pick got through losing a free agent. Making it a pick we would not had if there was no free agency and you can't say if we would of took him with the next pick we have or if someone else would of took him before then.

That's very true, it's imperfect, but I don't see a better way of doing this exercise. There are a lot of current MLB players that would fall into this category, and they surely all would have been drafted by some team. Given that it's impossible to know where they would have ended up, I am content with the idea behind it simply being a check of our organic farm and draft history.

As an example, the Cardinals wouldn't have Lance Lynn either, but he's obviously be on a roster somewhere.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/mlb-preview-2016/original-teams

Not the greatest rotation in the world, but that would be one stacked lineup.

With one tweak, the lineup is even more stacked:

C: Lucroy

1B: Fielder

2B: Gennett

SS: Hardy

3B: Braun

LF: Davis

CF: Cain

RF: Brantley

Congatulations you just found the worst possible defensive team in MLB history!

http://www.sbnation.com/a/mlb-preview-2016/original-teams

Not the greatest rotation in the world, but that would be one stacked lineup.

With one tweak, the lineup is even more stacked:

C: Lucroy

1B: Fielder

2B: Gennett

SS: Hardy

3B: Braun

LF: Davis

CF: Cain

RF: Brantley

Congatulations you just found the worst possible defensive team in MLB history!

Maybe, but this lineup makes Murderer's Row look like a buncha wimps.

Dodgers get labeled as big spenders in free agency, but the team they would have through draft and develop would be pretty tough as well.

Yankees are a complete joke.

Forgot that we did not draft Nelson Cruz, had to search for him in the list.

At this point in their careers I would probably have Escobar at short over JJ

Dodgers get labeled as big spenders in free agency, but the team they would have through draft and develop would be pretty tough as well.

Yankees are a complete joke.

Forgot that we did not draft Nelson Cruz, had to search for him in the list.

At this point in their careers I would probably have Escobar at short over JJ

Yeah I would too, mostly because of the health issues of JJ. Hardy actually is as good or at least close to as good defensively according to metrics and is a better hitter but he just can't seem to stay healthy a full season.

Archived