Brewer Fanatic

Brewerfan Spring Training Awards

Crash2303

Now that ST is wrapped up, thought it would be fun to pick out some winners from the spring- who would you give the following awards to? feel free to add your own awards too for fun:

MVP-

CY Young-

Rookie of the Spring-

What Kind of Laugh is that Award: Best Social Media Post-

Don't Forget About Me: Most Impressive Performance of Someone Who's Not Going to Make the 25man Opening Day Roster-

Best Play/Highlight-

Best Moment of the Spring-

Stats Don't Mean Anything Award: Just Working on My Kinks-

Who Won Spring Training Award-

I'll bite:

MVP- Domingo Santana, Scooter Gennett, and Yadiel Rivera (But beware of the small sample size).

CY Young- Will Smith(unhittable until his injury).

Rookie of the Spring- Yadiel Rivera

What Kind of Laugh is that Award: Best Social Media Post- Brett Phillips

Don't Forget About Me: Most Impressive Performance of Someone Who's Not Going to Make the 25man Opening Day Roster- Hader, Nottingham, and Wilkins.

Best Play/Highlight- Kirk Nieuwenhuis ninth inning double against the cubs that capped the comeback at Sloan Park and/or Yadiel Rivera two out ninth inning HR versus the A's in Mesa to take the lead.

Best Moment of the Spring- Lucroy didn't get hurt.

Worst Moment of the Spring: Rymer Liriano Drilled in the Face, Will Smith hurts knee putting on shoe.

Stats Don't Mean Anything Award: Aaron Hill and Chase Anderson

Who Won Spring Training Award- Yadiel Rivera hands down. Coming into spring people thought he was Hernan Irribarren round 2. Now, maybe he's got a future.

MVP- Scooter Gennett- boasted a 1.538OPS in 26AB going 12/26H and 4HR. Here's hoping he stays hot!

CY Young- Chris Capuano- won a roster spot with his performance of 1.42ERA and 8K along with 1.03WHIP over 12IP and 9 games

Rookie of the Spring- Yadiel Rivera- his .964OPS and 3HR along with stellar D, got him a spot on the opening day roster.

What Kind of Laugh is that Award: Best Social Media Post- Brett Phillips- heck the award is named after him- I'd include a link, but I think we'd all appreciate that I don't.

Don't Forget About Me: Most Impressive Performance of Someone Who's Not Going to Make the 25man Opening Day Roster- Andy Wilkins- went 7 for 19 and 2 HR in just 19AB to give him a 1.165OPS.

Best Play/Highlight- Eric Young diving catch http://m.brewers.mlb.com/mil/video/topic/8879232/v563675483/milchc-young-jr-makes-a-terrific-catch-in-left

Best Moment of the Spring- the Brewers press conference announcing that Hank the Dog is still alive.

Worst Moment of the Spring- definitely Rymer getting drilled. scary. glad he's going to be alright.

Stats Don't Mean Anything Award: Just Working on My Kinks- many to consider including Peralta, Garza, Blazek, Boyer, but I'm going with the first ever three way tie between Villar, Hill, and Anderson. I'd post their stats-(yikes!) but in their case, "stats don't mean anything".

Who Won Spring Training Award- Jonathan LuCroy for playing well and remaining healthy. (knock on wood after reading this sentence)

Archived