Brewer Fanatic

Rymer Liriano HBP in the face Sunday

craigharmann

Brewers' site confirms he will start the year on the DL

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Rymer was released from the hospital Monday and even stopped by Maryvale to see teammates and staff:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/rymer-liriano-released-from-hospital-a-day-after-being-beaned-b99691580z1-373018691.html

Of course, this doesn't mean he's done with treatment, but I hope it means he's out of big-time danger.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 4 weeks later...
He's on the 60 day DL. I can't imagine him being an option until August or September at the earliest.

Wasn't Heyward only out a month or so when he got hit in the face? Marlon Byrd I thought wasn't out very long either.

Every case is going to be different. Liriano had fractures, so I can't imagine they would allow him to face live pitching until those have completely healed.

I have not been impressed at all with Broxton/Flores/Nieuwenhius and I am wondering what other options we have in CF.

My guess is Reed will be called up to be the RH side of a platoon, with Nieuwenhius/Flores sharing the LH duty. I also look forward to seeing what Liriano can do, but he'll have to get healthy, and then probably spend a few weeks on a minor league rehab assignment before he'll be back on the MLB roster.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived