Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson agrees to extension?

markedman5
Glad to hear BA was extended. I for one thought he would be heading to greener pastures sooner than later. I agree that BA can be bland at times, but he usually throws in some good lines in each game. He's no Matty V, but to me, BA is soooo much better than Darren Sutton that I don't want the Brewers to have to back to the well and risk another awful announcer. As a low-mid market team, I think we are absolutely outperforming our expected entertainment from the announcing team (of course, besides the horrendous pre/post game coverage)

Glad he's staying around. He must be doing something well as he has had national tv gigs.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

As for BA, i like him overall. He is a bit bland, but i'm fine with that for baseball. For say the Bucks in the NBA, i'd prefer a different type of hometown announcer. I'd love to see Gus Johnson take over the Bucks announcing job full time, with Marques remaining the color guy. A perfect combo.

Doesn't take much pizazz to say he shoots from 3 and the defender doesn't bother even trying to stop him. BA can do that just fine.

Sure it does. By your logic, then anyone can call a baseball game like Anderson does.

FWIW, I think he does a solid job calling college basketball games, along with Brewers baseball, but i'd take Gus Johnson over Anderson any day for basketball. This year Gus was under contract to only call 20 Bucks games and i don't know if he'll continue working for the Bucks, but i hope he does because for me, a Gus/Marques duo would be near perfect.

Love this. Brian is fantastic. Milwaukee is lucky to have him. Had a chance to spend some time with him a few years back and he is a really good guy. All for this.

Glad to see the Brewers are cool with him doing national games. Too bad they weren't as good about that back in the day with Merle Harmon.

As for BA, i like him overall. He is a bit bland, but i'm fine with that for baseball. For say the Bucks in the NBA, i'd prefer a different type of hometown announcer. I'd love to see Gus Johnson take over the Bucks announcing job full time, with Marques remaining the color guy. A perfect combo.

Doesn't take much pizazz to say he shoots from 3 and the defender doesn't bother even trying to stop him. BA can do that just fine.

Sure it does. By your logic, then anyone can call a baseball game like Anderson does.

FWIW, I think he does a solid job calling college basketball games, along with Brewers baseball, but i'd take Gus Johnson over Anderson any day for basketball. This year Gus was under contract to only call 20 Bucks games and i don't know if he'll continue working for the Bucks, but i hope he does because for me, a Gus/Marques duo would be near perfect.

Well I was talking about NBA which is one of the worst sports product out there right now, the state of the NBA is just awful.

If you guys would rather have Dan Gladden let me know and i'll send him right over.

If you guys would rather have Dan Gladden let me know and i'll send him right over.

I completely forgot about Bremer and Blyleven. There's homerism, and then there is these guys. Blyleven manages to make Rock sound both intelligent and funny. Circle me Bert STOP IT.

:laughing :laughing

I'm glad to hear BA is working deep into the NCAA tourney, as well. I like him on basketball.

Rock, to me, is like a TV baseball friend. I don't agree with everything he says, but he seems like a nice dude, & he has a good rapport with BA. Plus he goes full Jersey accent when he says fastball.

I haven't watched much Extra Innings or MLB.tv in the last 5 seasons, but when I lived out of market... let's just say there are a lot of underwhelming broadcast teams. BA & Rock are pretty good.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

You can make a comparison simply by watching Brewers telecasts. There's a mild but noticeable drop in quality when Matt Lepay takes over for Anderson. And there's a huge drop in quality when Coshun calls games.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Well I was talking about NBA which is one of the worst sports product out there right now, the state of the NBA is just awful.

haha, haven't watched the Warriors or Spurs much? NBA is blowing up worldwide and is the second most popular sport in the world after soccer. Really the NBA has probably never been stronger. In fact the biggest problem might actually be their biggest asset in that GSW is so good that it might kill the drama a bit. If they were just normal good the playoffs would be up for grabs to several teams.

Listening to Brian do tournament games reminded me of one of my biggest peeves about him. Whenever he tries to sound excited it comes off as fake and forced.

I'm not sure I can agree with that when it comes to Brewers games. I went and watched some highlights and I didn't feel that way once.

I don't particularly like his NCAAB game calling. It isn't bad by any means, but it is pretty clear he isn't that knowledgable or experienced on NCAAB. I feel like to call NCAAB you have to freak out and loose your mind over plays...act ridiculous to some degree. Not really Anderson's style.

In other news when you listen to a guy call games 81 times a year you might find something annoying about him.

I am impressed you guys listen to the announcer way more closely than I thought people did. I find them as a nice background noise for the most part. You just need a nice solid voice and you are golden. Just don't say anything stupid.

My biggest pet peeve: The daily "guess where the tavern of the game is located in Wisconsin" game they play every day with eachother. Brian also always has to ask if Bill has ever been there. Never fails if it is outside the Milwaukee area. My favorite is when it is on I-94 and Brian has to talk about their yearly road trip to catch the Twins series.

Archived