Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson agrees to extension?

markedman5

Glad to hear it. I keep expecting he's worked his last Brewers season & will be courted away by a bigger market/job... and he keeps sticking with Milwaukee. I can only think about his emotion he was when hired, in his initial presser... he might be a bit more loyal than most since the Brewers gave him his shot.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers give him a lot of flexibility, allowing him to work TBS, national games, etc. I doubt most teams would allow that, and I think that goes a long way in keeping him here long term.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Still don't understand the love for him. He's 10 pounds of blah in a 5 pound bag of meh to me.

I use to feel the same way, but he started to loosen up last year. I know a lot of people don't like Rock either, but I think they've grown together and are pretty entertaining.

It's really tough to balance calling a good game, providing insight on the game, and having some fun with each other during a 3 hour broadcast. I think they've gotten to the point where they do it pretty well. Now if they would massively overhaul (or drop) the pre and post game commentary, we would really have something.

Still don't understand the love for him. He's 10 pounds of blah in a 5 pound bag of meh to me.

I use to feel the same way, but he started to loosen up last year. I know a lot of people don't like Rock either, but I think they've grown together and are pretty entertaining.

It's really tough to balance calling a good game, providing insight on the game, and having some fun with each other during a 3 hour broadcast. I think they've gotten to the point where they do it pretty well. Now if they would massively overhaul (or drop) the pre and post game commentary, we would really have something.

I agree. It's very easy to get sick of your hometown announcers when you watch every game every day and hear the same stuff over and over. IMO these two have a good balance of everything. Also, I didn't really appreciate our announcers until MLB Network came along and did the look ins to other games with home announcers, if you spend some time doing that you'll be shocked at the amount of dead air and just nothing being talked about. You'll realize we have better than most, no matter how you want to nitpick our guys.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I like BA, and am happy he'll be back for a while. I guess one thing I've noticed since I've gotten MLB.tv (and I can watch the occasional non-Brewer game) is how bad so many of the announcers are. It's painful at times listening to some of these guys. I think it made me appreciate BA and Rock more.

I like BA, and am happy he'll be back for a while. I guess one thing I've noticed since I've gotten MLB.tv (and I can watch the occasional non-Brewer game) is how bad so many of the announcers are. It's painful at times listening to some of these guys. I think it made me appreciate BA and Rock more.

Completely agree on this. I really like BA and Rock, but a lot of that is because of forcing myself to sit through Pirates broadcasts, Diamondbacks broadcasts, Braves broadcasts, White Sox broadcasts, etc. Varying combinations of brutal and boring. We do have it pretty good as Brewers fans.

Vin Scully is about the only guy out there who I can say I definitely enjoy listening to as much as Anderson/Rock.

I will always appreciate what he has accomplished as a broadcaster with no professional sports experience. These days you constantly see those gigs going to former players. Amazing Anderson can call any pro sport at a high level and have such knowledge of each game.

Regarding Bill...I don't really like him, but I would probably prefer him with Anderson after so long. I mean what would a game be without Bill talking about the no hitter or how he sucked at baseball?

Totally agree with reilly and And That. Listen to other team and you'll appreciate ours

I've heard a lot of other ones on MLB Network and I put Brian and Bill solidly in the middle. Yes, there are some worse than them but there are some better too. Brian is just so bland and vanilla and Bill is just so out of touch. I love the Nats guys. They have fun but aren't over the top.

Totally agree with reilly and And That. Listen to other team and you'll appreciate ours

I've heard a lot of other ones on MLB Network and I put Brian and Bill solidly in the middle. Yes, there are some worse than them but there are some better too. Brian is just so bland and vanilla and Bill is just so out of touch. I love the Nats guys. They have fun but aren't over the top.

Yes, they are good, too.

Of course, "SEE . . . . YOU . . . . . LATER!!!!!!!" is definitely over the top (to me) but it is with any team.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

They are both pretty mediocre but I have to agree, there are a lot of really bad announcers out there so mediocre works just fine for me.

As long as I don't have to listen to someone like Hawk Harrelson who makes me want to tear my ears out I'm ok.

I will always appreciate what he has accomplished as a broadcaster with no professional sports experience. These days you constantly see those gigs going to former players. Amazing Anderson can call any pro sport at a high level and have such knowledge of each game.

Regarding Bill...I don't really like him, but I would probably prefer him with Anderson after so long. I mean what would a game be without Bill talking about the no hitter or how he sucked at baseball?

The one for me with Bill is about 1-3 times a game, it's a lock to hear him say "how could he take that pitch" on a ball slightly off the plate which was rightly called a ball. Then if the Brewers aren't getting enough baserunners on, he'll complain that the hitters are swinging at to many balls off the plate. Hmmmm.

As for BA, i like him overall. He is a bit bland, but i'm fine with that for baseball. For say the Bucks in the NBA, i'd prefer a different type of hometown announcer. I'd love to see Gus Johnson take over the Bucks announcing job full time, with Marques remaining the color guy. A perfect combo.

As for BA, i like him overall. He is a bit bland, but i'm fine with that for baseball. For say the Bucks in the NBA, i'd prefer a different type of hometown announcer. I'd love to see Gus Johnson take over the Bucks announcing job full time, with Marques remaining the color guy. A perfect combo.

Doesn't take much pizazz to say he shoots from 3 and the defender doesn't bother even trying to stop him. BA can do that just fine.

Archived