Brewer Fanatic

To the eBay shoppers...

If mods feel this is inappropriate please delete.

I have an eBay store and sports collectibles and memorabilia is probably about 75% of my inventory. I'm just looking for some input from people who shop there to help me improve my store. What kinds of things do you search for or are interested in? Also, what things do you look for in a listing that make you more likely to purchase an item that your interested in? Any other feedback you might have would be helpful too. Thanks!

This is the perfect forum to mention one's eBay store.

It's up to jerichoholicninja whether or not he wants to share his ID either in this thread or via PM. But this forum isn't public, and it's shielded from the search engines.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I just checked out your store. IMHO outside of the bobbleheads, it mostly seems like the inventory is just stuff you'd find at a rummage sale. That might be good for some people, but there wasn't really anything that interested me. That's just me though.

I just checked out your store. IMHO outside of the bobbleheads, it mostly seems like the inventory is just stuff you'd find at a rummage sale. That might be good for some people, but there wasn't really anything that interested me. That's just me though.

A good chunk of it has been but I've been slowly moving into more high end items as I take this more seriously. You would be surprised how much seemingly crappy items sell for.

What kinds of things would you be interested in? I'm always open to different items but if I haven't sold it before I'm not always comfortable on pulling the trigger to acquire it.

I dabble on ebay sales myself, but mostly bobbles. The thing I hate about ebay is the fees, and on top of the ebay fee, the paypal fees. What I hate the most is the fact that the ebay selling fees aren't enough for them, they also take 10% of the shipping cost, which partly explains why so many over charge for shipping. I understand why they take 10% of the shipping fee since so many sellers were charging ridiculous shipping fees and really low item fees so their ebay fees ended up lower, but it really stinks for the honest sellers... As usual, the honest people have to pay for the dishonest scumbags of the world...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I dabble on ebay sales myself, but mostly bobbles. The thing I hate about ebay is the fees, and on top of the ebay fee, the paypal fees. What I hate the most is the fact that the ebay selling fees aren't enough for them, they also take 10% of the shipping cost, which partly explains why so many over charge for shipping. I understand why they take 10% of the shipping fee since so many sellers were charging ridiculous shipping fees and really low item fees so their ebay fees ended up lower, but it really stinks for the honest sellers... As usual, the honest people have to pay for the dishonest scumbags of the world...

If you're just selling here and there the fees will probably kill your desire to sell more. In my case, I have a store and I'm a top rated seller (power seller now). I get free listings and discounts on fees for having a store and shipping discounts for being a top rated seller. The fees aren't a big deal on my bottom line, especially when compared to the overhead of having a brick or mortar store.

Archived