Brewer Fanatic

obligatory Mike Olt post

Verified Member
Cecchini will presumably be playing 3B at AAA next season, and I would prefer to over Olt if only because he's younger and Olt has been bad for longer at this point.

Cecchini will presumably be playing 3B at AAA next season, and I would prefer to over Olt if only because he's younger and Olt has been bad for longer at this point.

Agree. Olt had a good 100AB stint at AAA 2yrs ago I think but hasn't been good at the upper levels for his career (AAA and MLB). Cecchini is 3yrs younger and more upside plus he's the starting 3b in AAA. He'll be given a chance to turn it around this year otherwise Stearns will be looking for a 3b of the future again next year.

No on Olt. It just doesn't make any sense. And I agree that Japan might be his way to go.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Brewers already have Middlebrooks whose brief success actually happened at MLB.

Yeah, the Brewers certainly aren't short on "one time prospects". If Olt hasn't got it by 27, after multiple chances, it's not likely he ever will. Not sure he's even that appealing to Japan teams. Atlantic League perhaps?

Archived