Brewer Fanatic

ESPN Article- Likely slow rebuild underway with Milwaukee Brewers (video of Maverick Phillips & Will Smith Jokes)

pacopete4

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/68599/likely-slow-rebuild-underway-with-milwaukee-brewers

This was a pretty good read and glad to see Braun and Counsell having such a good outlook on the situation. I just thought the video was worthy of a share itself.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The laugh thing has yet to begin. Maverick's teammates haven't disrupted a Sophia interview yet. And I'd imagine that autograph sessions could be fun.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

At risk of getting way off topic, the Brewers are having a press conference on Hank tomorrow, but they say that nothing's happened.

I assume nothing happened and that the whole "is he dead" thing is more or less a joke. He probably looks different because he's healthy now.

Let's all try to have some fun with this team. Hank is adorable and awesome. Maverick's laugh is the best. It's ok if not everything about a sports team is serious. It's cool to have a puppy mascot and a young player who cracks everyone up when he cracks up.

So has the whole Maverick Phillips has a funny laugh thing jumped the shark already? I feel the same way about it as I do Hank.

Yea, small shelf life for me. Heard it, I did get a big kick out of it, now I'm done. As for Hank, I get it....great marketing tool. I just have no interest whatsoever in anything Hank-related.

As for a slow rebuild, I accept the fact it may be slow, and I've prepared myself. Yet I'm foolish enough to have faith it may not take as long as most think.

I'm fine with the real Hank if he shows up from time to time. But the mascot does nothing for me.

With the Maverick thing, it is what it is. As long as the Brewers don't try to market it, Brett should be able to feel free to be himself.

I guess I don't understand the slow rebuild. Our corner outfield will be well above average. CF is iffy. Rotation should be good. Bullpen outstanding. Should be fun year to around 70 wins, with 2017 being a return to .500

I'm just glad Braun used "couldn't care less" instead of "could care less."

And I don't even think Phillips' laugh is real. Nobody laughs at a joke like that. Not even 8 year olds.

I guess I don't understand the slow rebuild. Our corner outfield will be well above average. CF is iffy. Rotation should be good. Bullpen outstanding. Should be fun year to around 70 wins, with 2017 being a return to .500

I'm thinking that the headline writer might not be the same person as the author of the article. The article doesn't really mention "slow" rebuild. Rather, it mentions the need for patience. That's necessary with any type of retooling.

My beef with the article is the fact that it uses the term "underwhelming" when it describes the Brewers' winter acquisitions. Most observers are impressed with the turnaround in the Brewers minor league system. In the author's mind, "underwhelming" may refer to the major league acquisitions, but he doesn't effectively make that distinction.

I think the Brewers could reach .500 in any season during the rebuild. But that's doesn't mean that the team will be good enough to improve on that record the following season. To make that determination, David Stearns is going to have to zero in on the team's actual talent rather than the win-loss record.

Because the Brewers appear to be in a better position than either the Cubs or Astros of a few years ago, I don't think the rebuild is necessarily going to be slow. But none of us will really know that until we get further into it. David's doing the correct thing when he says that the timetable is undetermined at this point. I think the main thing is to avoid the temptation to make costly shortcuts.

And I don't even think Phillips' laugh is real. Nobody laughs at a joke like that. Not even 8 year olds.

I enjoyed the 'ten tickles' joke. :) Gave a small chuckle, but I have heard it before and enjoyed it then too.

Actually people do laugh at jokes like this. And Phillips most likely has below average intelligence so I'm sure that contributes to him laughing so hard at grade school jokes

People laugh at bad jokes because they're bad. I suppose that makes the jokes good in a bad sort of way.

Actually people do laugh at jokes like this. And Phillips most likely has below average intelligence so I'm sure that contributes to him laughing so hard at grade school jokes

Phillips had a 3.2 gpa in high school. Not exactly Walsh, Capuano, or Suter but probably not worthy of the unfair label of "below average intelligence".

Hahah.........that's quite a leap. And a tad ironic.

That was my first thought when I read that. Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived