Brewer Fanatic

2006 Draft Resource Thread

I've added player profiles for some of the more notable college LHP available for this June's draft. I hope to add the prep southpaws tomorrow.

www.brewerfan.net/ViewDra...;draftId=4

EDIT: Two days later than what I was hoping, but the profiles for 16 prep pitchers have been added to the database. Use the above link to view all of the draft-eligible LHPs, high school and college, that I have profiled.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Brewerfan.net's default draft page for an updated ranking of the top 30 prospects available for June's draft. We're less than six weeks away, and with the NFL draft ending this weekend, the attention will likely turn on baseball's biggest day of the year.

There are some rumblings of some of the players the Brewers are keeping tabs on. Following a trend started last year, they are looking long and hard at a couple of catchers, easily the organization's biggest need. Hank Conger and Max Sapp are both a couple of my favorite hitters from last year's Aflac All-American Classic, as few hit the ball harder, more consistently. Conger in particular has been drawing big crowds with tape measure shots.

I noted earlier this year that Jack Zduriencik personally had his radar handy for Miami's closer, Chris Perez. It seems as though that appearance was no fluke, as the Brewers are looking closely at the three top college closers avaiable, which includes Arizona's Mark Melancon and UC Irvine's Blair Erickson. With the Brewers' success, and increased expectations, the ability to select a player that could potentially contribute with the big-league club by the end of the year, even if it is out of the bullpen, is definitely appealing.

And with the strength of the draft considered college pitching, you know that they're keeping tabs on the wealth of college arms.

We're likely to hear more specifics in the coming weeks, so that's your sneak preview.

I plan to add scouting information for prep and college 2B, SS, 3B and 1B tomorrow. The scouting reports are already typed, I just need to copy and paste them in. I will let you know when those reports have been added. Just a note, due to the birth of my son I probably will not get to RHP this year, as it is always the deepest category to fill. I plan on getting to the OFs yet from both levels, and likely will still approach 150-200 total profiles when it is all said and done.

EDIT: The profiles for the college and HS 2B, SS, 3B and 1B are now up and ready for your viewing pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to point out that I added profiles for the high school and college outfielders. Visit the default Brewerfan.net draft page and using the position drop-down menu select either LF, CF or RF. I think it's clear that this is not a good year for outfielders.

Keep in mind that the rankings numbers are not accurate. They are not to be used to determine which player is ranked where. The only rankings that are accurate are the top 30 players. The rest are just ranked by which they are entered into the database.

• 3 weeks later...
I updated the top 30 draft-eligible prospects on the default draft page along with the notes section, as we are a week away from the draft. Just click on "Draft" in the maroon sub-nav bar located at the top of each page.

Archived