Brewer Fanatic

Born a Brewer

torts

When virtually all your offseason acquisitions (save perhaps Anderson) at the major league level are placeholder level failures from other organizations (Carter, Hill), fringe major leaguers (Villar, Nieuwenhuis) or one time hot prospects turned suspects (Cecchini, Middlebrooks, Liriano), and the top players on your roster are constantly being talked about in trade scenarios, there's not a whole lot to sell is there?

If I were marketing them, I'd go a different route. My marketing slogan would be: "Hey Lohse isn't here anymore", or better yet (but this would take dumping him): "Hey Lohse and Garza are both gone"! Now I could get excited at that prospect.

I liked the ad but agree it is hard to market the team around a player or players since there is so much trade talk. They have two Lucroy promotions and he could be gone for both, I received a Brewers calendar for Christmas and it had Carlos Gomez on the front. If fans can't relate to the '82 Brewers they at least can relate to the 2008 and 2011 Brewers moments mentioned in the ad and the excitement at the time.

This marketing video was extremely smart and very well pieced together. This should be the video even if Braun, Lucroy were here the rest of their careers with no trade talk. You don't need to market specific key players - it's about relating to the love and excitement of Brewers baseball and, more specifically, baseball in general. And everything that goes along with that (tailgating, hanging out with family/friends, watching the game at sports bars, etc). Which, of course, fits perfectly given the current state of the team this season as all the prospects aren't up until the very end of the year or 2017. LOVED the "it's not a bandwagon we jumped on when it's convenient" line. MONEY

I wasn't born here, I wasn't raised here and didn't see the 1982 team in the World Series - but even I thought it was a brilliant piece of marketing...

Well done Brewers...

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
When virtually all your offseason acquisitions (save perhaps Anderson) at the major league level are placeholder level failures from other organizations (Carter, Hill), fringe major leaguers (Villar, Nieuwenhuis) or one time hot prospects turned suspects (Cecchini, Middlebrooks, Liriano), and the top players on your roster are constantly being talked about in trade scenarios, there's not a whole lot to sell is there?

If I were marketing them, I'd go a different route. My marketing slogan would be: "Hey Lohse isn't here anymore", or better yet (but this would take dumping him): "Hey Lohse and Garza are both gone"! Now I could get excited at that prospect.

http://winace.courageunfettered.com/pics/broken_record.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Exactly, I didn't need to read more than "placeholder level failures" to know who wrote that post.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I was going to post almost exactly the same thing.

This marketing video was extremely smart and very well pieced together. This should be the video even if Braun, Lucroy were here the rest of their careers with no trade talk. You don't need to market specific key players - it's about relating to the love and excitement of Brewers baseball and, more specifically, baseball in general. And everything that goes along with that (tailgating, hanging out with family/friends, watching the game at sports bars, etc). Which, of course, fits perfectly given the current state of the team this season as all the prospects aren't up until the very end of the year or 2017. LOVED the "it's not a bandwagon we jumped on when it's convenient" line. MONEY

absolutely.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived