When will Luc get traded?

When will Luc get traded?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. When will Luc get traded?

• Before the start of camp
    • Before the start of the season
    • During the 2016 season
    • Not this season

This poll will remain open until pitchers and catchers report on February 19. You may change your vote if you'd like.

Be sure to vote in the corresponding poll: If Luc is traded, where will he go?

Please restrict discussion in this topic to the poll and its results. For discussion of specific trade proposals, please use this thread: Lucroy Trades/Proposals.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm surprised so many people still think he'll get dealt before the season. It may well happen, but I don't think it's likely at this point. The only teams that seem to be in on him right now are Texas (who won't pay what Milwaukee wants yet) and Washington (who is on Lucroy's no-trade list and I doubt they'll extend him, so he won't waive that).

I'm surprised so many people still think he'll get dealt before the season. It may well happen, but I don't think it's likely at this point. The only teams that seem to be in on him right now are Texas (who won't pay what Milwaukee wants yet) and Washington (who is on Lucroy's no-trade list and I doubt they'll extend him, so he won't waive that).

No trade list is a total non issue to me. If Lucroy is all about winning like he claims it should be a minor hoop to jump through.

I would like him to be trade before the season, but I personally think it will be next off season.

Lucroy will be traded at some point. I prefer before the season (ideally before ST) but if he's not traded until the break or even next off-season then not a problem as he's a productive player on both sides of the ball. I'm more focused on when Davis will be traded given our log jam on the corner OF spots as Santana needs to play and ideally not play CF because that's not where he'll be long-term

I picked before the season because Catchers tend to have more value with a full season of working with a pitching staff.

I also think Luc's comments over the last half year pretty much suggest the trade will come sooner rather than later.

Id also think the Brewers wouldnt want to develop their young staff with Luc to start than the back ups afterwards. Id think they would want some roster consistency at C even if it is a platoon.

The no-trade list is an issue though. There is no way Lucroy waives the no-trade without an extension. None.

Really? I highly highly highly disagree. What makes you think that? You think he would rather be paid pennies on a garbage team vs. accepting a trade to a good team to play for pennies? Demanding an extension would just be stupid on his part. Staying with the Brewers isn't going to make his contract any better.

The no-trade list is an issue though. There is no way Lucroy waives the no-trade without an extension. None.

Really? I highly highly highly disagree. What makes you think that? You think he would rather be paid pennies on a garbage team vs. accepting a trade to a good team to play for pennies? Demanding an extension would just be stupid on his part. Staying with the Brewers isn't going to make his contract any better.

Exactly. Lucroy has twice made it clear he wants to play for a winner. If he were to reject a trade to a competitive team his "character" would pretty much drop to Braun "It's that guy's fault I tested positive" levels.

I don't think it has anything to do with his character. It's about leverage in a business situation. With teams on his no-trade list he has that leverage. He would be silly not to use it.

We all know he doesn't want to play for a crappy team and maybe that's enough for him to want out of Milwaukee to go anywhere. But, like anyone else, he's about maximizing his wage as well, so I don't think it's as easy as saying, "He wants out, he'll go anywhere even if it's a team on the no-trade list." Of course, we don't know the teams on the no-trade list (unless we do and I missed it), so it's purely a guess right now.

I don't think it has anything to do with his character. It's about leverage in a business situation. With teams on his no-trade list he has that leverage. He would be silly not to use it.

We all know he doesn't want to play for a crappy team and maybe that's enough for him to want out of Milwaukee to go anywhere. But, like anyone else, he's about maximizing his wage as well, so I don't think it's as easy as saying, "He wants out, he'll go anywhere even if it's a team on the no-trade list." Of course, we don't know the teams on the no-trade list (unless we do and I missed it), so it's purely a guess right now.

I totally agree he will almost surely demand something(though I could see him just accepting a trade outright). I just don't think there is any way we demands a full on extension. That is just too much and no team is going to do something like that unless they REALLY like him. Most of Lucroy's value is in his cheap 2 year commitment.

The big problem for Lucroy is that he really isn't happy here and would prefer to play for a winner. He also only has an 8 team no trade list which also vastly limits his leverage. Players with a lot of leverage usually have a close to full no trade clause and would rather stay put.

I'm actually pretty tired of the speculation, I want him gone as soon as they get the right offer. I don't want him here for spring training, I don't want him here for opening day, I don't want him here at the trade deadline, and I don't want him here at season's end, at which point we get to have another full off season on where he will end up.

I am scared to death he is going to get another concussion, which then gives him a history of concussions. If that happens, we lose BIG!

Move him out ASAP for the best package offered and don't look back.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm actually pretty tired of the speculation, I want him gone as soon as they get the right offer. I don't want him here for spring training, I don't want him here for opening day, I don't want him here at the trade deadline, and I don't want him here at season's end, at which point we get to have another full off season on where he will end up.

I am scared to death he is going to get another concussion, which then gives him a history of concussions. If that happens, we lose BIG!

Move him out ASAP for the best package offered and don't look back.

I thought you were going to break out in Seuss rhyme for a second there...

I don't want him on a boat. I don't want him with a goat.

I don't want him in spring training. I don't want him if its raining.

I don't want him eating jam. I don't want him Stearns I am!

The idea of Lucroy waiving his no-trade clause by getting an extension? His extension would be at low value. Wouldn't offer him over 7million/yr. Lucroy must feel he's worth more than that. But based on last season, concussion, players lost in trade, A team like Washington isn't going to give him market value on extension.

I'm honestly not worried about Lucroy using his no-trade clause. Chances are high that any team trading the right pieces for him will be a contender getting ready to "win now." Lucroy isn't dumb...he knows he's not getting younger and that as a catcher, he is probably more susceptible to injury than players at other positions.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I don't see a team giving away a lot for Lucroy until they see him catch 40 games to make sure there are no effects of his concussion last year.

This, and I'd say more like 80 games. With Mauer saying that over the last two years he's had issues with his vision at the plate stemming from his concussion in 2013, why would any GM give up a lot to trade for him?

Seriously, if you were a GM how much would you give up for catcher who missed significant time and has yet to return to behind the plate due to a concussion? And if you were a GM and you were getting really low offers for this player, would you trade him or wait to see if he can regain his value as a catcher?

The option now says "At the All Star Break or Trade Deadline."

We could make that option "During the 2016 season."

That's even better. I've made the change. The cool thing is that neither verbiage adjustment requires people to change their votes.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived