Brewer Fanatic

A little help with indoor hd antenna

JackNicholson1974

Cut the cord. Friend gave me an RCA indoor antenna. Hooked it up, I get ABC Nbc cbs fox, etc. I live in Oshkosh so I pull gb stations.

Then about a week ago fox disappears, completely. Can't figure out what is going on. So I sprung for an HD Mohu Leaf Ultimate 50, supposed to be very good. The 50 as in good for 50 miles away. All station antennas are within 40 miles of me. Just hooked it up, I get more channels now. Comet, Cw, etc. still no Fox.

I know the supposedly broadcast in some alternative frequency, but I used to get it, for a month or so.

I read some conspiracy theories that they turn their signal down to drive viewers to cable.

How do I get Fox back?

I don't know many people who have HD antennas but those I do know haven't had any luck consistently getting channels. When my mom first got one she was able to get Milwaukee and Green Bay channels. She's ditched it because now she can't get any. When my wife and I bought our house we tried an HD antenna she had while we waited for our cable to be installed. Our TV alone picked up more channels than when we had the antenna hooked up.

WLUK (FOX in Green Bay) is a VHF channel. Mohu's FAQ says that the Leaf Ultimate is good for 50 miles UHF and 20 miles VHF; that might be the source of your problem.

VHF channels are a pain. Milwaukee's Channel 10 is VHF. If I remember correctly, it won't come in when my antenna is on the first floor, but it works on the second floor.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Fox is notoriously hard to pick up with an indoor HDTV antenna. I have a 60 mile range indoor antenna for one of my TVs which picks up every GB station except Fox. No matter how I position it Fox won't come in. I have heard the same issue from multiple other people.

WLUK (FOX in Green Bay) is a VHF channel. Mohu's FAQ says that the Leaf Ultimate is good for 50 miles UHF and 20 miles VHF; that might be the source of your problem.

VHF channels are a pain. Milwaukee's Channel 10 is VHF. If I remember correctly, it won't come in when my antenna is on the first floor, but it works on the second floor.

This explains a lot. I knew it was in a different frequency, did not realize that my antenna only got the VHF for 20 miles though. I wonder if the next step up Mohu will pull the channel.

Still doesnt explain why I had it, for a month straight with no issues and now, nothing, though.

Looks like I will be shipping my Leaf back to Amazon.

For those of you who cut cable/sat how do you watch Brewers games?

Working out at the gym. I also have kids and received a discount MLB package a couple of months in and watched a lot of games right after they aired after putting the kids to bed.

Archived