Brewer Fanatic

Alex Guerrero

Quick @brewcrewball write up an article about how the Brewers should trade the now expendable Guerrero because of the Kendrick signing!

He'd be right in the same undervalued asset pickups as others stearns has targeted. Never really got a shot in la w still big upside.

Unless the Dodgers are going to eat A LOT of money no thanks. Still owed $15mil. Also isn't this the guy who has some funky clause if he gets traded? Like he can opt out after the first year or something? I am honestly too lazy to look it up, but pretty sure he has something in his contract with regards to being traded.

I like Guerrero, but as mentioned he becomes a free agent after the season if he is traded (so we would only have him for one year, or would have to negotiate with Scott Boras to buy out that provision). Even if it weren't for that clause, he's a free agent after 2017, so not a huge help to a rebuilding team.

I'd prefer to see what Cecchini can do in an extended look.

If we could dump Garza to them for him, sure... I'll take Guerrero.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived