Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire OF Rymer Liriano from SD for farmhand LHP Trevor Seidenberger; Shane Peterson DFA'd (Update: Peterson clears waivers, accepts NRI)

bill hAll Star
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How long did we "own" Tim Dillard's rights? He has been with the team for 12 seasons. I'm not sure how many times he resigned of his own free will vs. we owning his rights. But its been a long time.

If there ever is a guy setup to be the BP equivalent to Bob Uecker...

And just for the record, I wrote this before I saw this BCB article stating the same thing. :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the odds Liriano is "flipped" during spring training? Since he was claimed on waivers I believe the Phillies are the only team that passed on him. Some team with no OF depth is bound to have an injury and Milwaukee is overflowing with OF. Barring a trade or injury Davis and Braun are the corners and Liriano isn't really a CF. He's also a RHB like those two making a platoon not an option. He also has no options so he'll be riding the bench in Milwaukee.

What are the odds Liriano is "flipped" during spring training? Since he was claimed on waivers I believe the Phillies are the only team that passed on him. Some team with no OF depth is bound to have an injury and Milwaukee is overflowing with OF. Barring a trade or injury Davis and Braun are the corners and Liriano isn't really a CF. He's also a RHB like those two making a platoon not an option. He also has no options so he'll be riding the bench in Milwaukee.

Unless they're trading him to another rebuilding team, wouldn't it make more sense in that scenario to trade Davis, who should bring back a pretty good haul of prospects? I don't see why the Brewers would trade away a guy with Liriano's upside and years of control, unless they could get a similar talent back at a position of need.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Unless they're trading him to another rebuilding team, wouldn't it make more sense in that scenario to trade Davis, who should bring back a pretty good haul of prospects? I don't see why the Brewers would trade away a guy with Liriano's upside and years of control, unless they could get a similar talent back at a position of need.

That team could prefer Liriano's defense to Davis's lack of or they only need a guy for a month or two. Also, Liriano is going to cost the acquiring team less than Davis would so I can see him being more attractive.

The Phillies didn't pass on him, it was a trade. The Brewers didn't trade much so I doubt the Brewers would receive much of anything in return unless he proves something in the majors first.

I should have just read the thread title. I was thinking it was a waiver claim. Either way minor trades like this are more common during spring training than a guy like Davis.

Archived