Brewer Fanatic

New alternative jersey for 2016

patrickgpe
I love it. Have wanted them to do a Sunday cap with the ball and glove logo in the current colors for quite awhile now. So this is darn close with the navy and yellow. Also really like the uniform to go with it. I will be getting this hat and jersey at some point.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they should hire the D Backs designers or the Oregon designers. Get the Oregon people over here and will will have bandwagon fans everyone on looks alone.

Might as well appeal to the younger generation.

(Yes I am not serious)

Oregon designers? That might be awful enough for me to become a Cubs fan.

I too have been wanting the ball and glove with the current color scheme, so this is a good start. I do like the old colors the best, but if we are just looking for an alternate, this is a great look. I think I would prefer the current gold though.

I think the Brewers current uniforms are sharp but underwhelming. I prefer team's more cartoonish logos from the past (in all sports) to the more professional/sharper looks they go with now.

I'm really glad the gold jerseys are gone. To me, they looked like bar league softball teams.

I'm really glad the gold jerseys are gone. To me, they looked like bar league softball teams.

How would people received an alternate jersey using the retro yellow with navy contrasts with the same hat as what's being introduced now? I think that would at least look quite a bit better than the gold "cervaceros" jerseys. Can the yellow stand alone as a primary jersey color, or is it best to use that as an accent like this new jersey is doing?

Gruber Lawffices

How would people received an alternate jersey using the retro yellow with navy contrasts with the same hat as what's being introduced now? I think that would at least look quite a bit better than the gold "cervaceros" jerseys. Can the yellow stand alone as a primary jersey color, or is it best to use that as an accent like this new jersey is doing?

This wouldn't bother me in the least. I like it for the A's http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/101/files/2014/12/brandon-moss-josh-donaldson-mlb-baltimore-orioles-oakland-athletics-850x560.jpg

The jersey looks like a cheap China knockoff to me.

i do wish that if they would have introduced an alternative jersey they would have done more than take an existing uniform and hat and just change one of the colors on it. anyone here could have done it in photoshop.

Did this quick during my lunch but something like this is kind of what you were talking about right? I'd like it.

[attachment=0]Brewers-Template-2.jpg[/attachment]

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Did this quick during my lunch but something like this is kind of what you were talking about right? I'd like it.

[attachment=0]Brewers-Template-2.jpg[/attachment]

So pretty much the current retro BP top they wear? Just a slight change here and there.

Someone said they'd like to see current Blue with old Yellow with ball and glove so I went of that. Wouldn't my choice for a rebrand. I not a big fan of the dark navy blue. I am a big fan of the BP style jerseys. Logo in top left instead of the lettering across the front.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Does anyone know, are these just sunday jerseys or are these the road alternates to?

Sunday whether on the road or at home.

So does that mean only gray on the road the rest of the time? Cause as far as I know we don't have another road alternate. Which would be weird since the last couple years it seems like we rarely wear gray.

I like the jersey with one exception... Why is there so much yellow between the 'W' and the 'A' when there isn't between all the other letters? Just because "Milwaukee" is separated on the two sides of the crease at this point doesn't mean that they should fill it in with extra yellow. That looks terrible in my opinion.

I'd guess this:

"Brewers" alternates are an option any day, home or road, except...

1) Retro Fridays (current pinstripe/retro alternates) and

2) Sundays (new alternate).

Aside from special days the starting pitcher decides which jersey they wear. I remember they wore the retro uni's a couple times during the week last year or the year before and I think it was Lohse that chose them.

I think the Brewers current uniforms are sharp but underwhelming. I prefer team's more cartoonish logos from the past (in all sports) to the more professional/sharper looks they go with now.

I think that the current uniforms are the best the team has ever had, but I can agree with the "underwhelming" assessment. Still, on a non-alternate, I think that understated is better than overstated.

I wouldn't want the uniforms to get too "cartoonish," unless it's an alternate. I'm fine with them doing whatever they like with logos on their promotional material, though.

I've generally preferred gold to yellow as long as there isn't too much of it. But I like these new uniforms, and they're causing me to rethink the yellow.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I like the jersey with one exception... Why is there so much yellow between the 'W' and the 'A' when there isn't between all the other letters? Just because "Milwaukee" is separated on the two sides of the crease at this point doesn't mean that they should fill it in with extra yellow. That looks terrible in my opinion.

Was just about to post the same thing. The yellow filler doesn't match the rest of the scripting, so it draws my attention in a way that really detracts from the design.

Can't stand the yellow. I never liked it & the royal blue much from the time I started following 'em in 1980. I always preferred navy and gold and was thrilled with the switch in 1994 (I kinda liked the green, too, but am not disappointed it proved to be only a passing thing). When they switched to the current design (1999 or 2000?), I thought they'd finally really gotten it right. Seeing the yellow, I feel that way more now than ever -- primary over retro, gold over yellow!

That said, I'm one of many who's longed for the ball/glove logo in current colors. This is a nice step forward but not good enough, not quite right.

Navy with yellow seems more like a college or minor league look -- very ordinary & not nearly as classy as the regular navy with gold.

I like the ball & glove logo -- it's true genius, really, especially given it dates from 15 years before logos and uniforms got anything near the attention they get now -- but I think the M/barley logo is the best logo we've ever had and is one of the very best in all of MLB. It's classic yet modern, which sounds a lot like "timeless" to me.

The ball and glove should be the primary logo. It's a brilliant design.

While I'm at it I should say I am not a fan of contrasting jersey and pants. The last few years it seems like the Brewers have played most of their home games with white pants and blue jerseys. It's a dumb look. Home needs to be white on white.

Here's a nice pictorial history of the Brewers' logos, uniforms, etc. over the years:

Milwaukee Brewers Logos (Chris Creamer's Sportslogos.net)

I don't think anything is missing, although the new jersey is shown under Jersey Logos but not under Alternate Uniforms.

A quirk on this page is that logos and uniforms used between 1997–99 are shown twice, reflecting the Brewers move between leagues. Don't drive yourself nuts looking for subtle differences.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived