Brewer Fanatic

New alternative jersey for 2016

patrickgpe

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2016/01/26/brewers-unveil-new-alternate-logo-navy-blue-jersey-will-be-worn-most-sundays-at-home-and-on-the-road/

#1 - i don't know how they can say this is a new alternative jersey

#2 - they have way too many jerseys - 7 full time ones now.

#3 - i wonder if this means the are getting any closer to a full rebranding. seems silly to introduce new jerseys every 1-2 seasons, but still keep the main logo and jersey.

overall, i guess i am OK with this. I like blending in the past with the future, i just wish the brewers would do something like this full time.

EDIT: seems like the road Milwaukee and yellows are obsolete.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it will be worn every sunday home or away. Will it be worn during the week to? We wear our road alternates so often I would assume so.

Really like it as far as a blend between the two. Love that the yellow replaces the gold and that the retro logo Is on it. Will definitely have to pick up an arcia or Phillips.

The real question is will these make it on the show??

Hmm...a navy cap with the ball and glove logo.

It is just an alternate jersey though I don't think it means much. These alternate jerseys are like little jump starts to jersey sales. It is just a new look to bring a little interest. I don't envision a full out rebranding type move.

I can't help but wish this is a sign the ball and glove logo could possibly become the main logo again. If they are bold enough to change the colors like this maybe it could become the main logo? Maybe they could go to more basic/block lettering with the ball and glove logo for their jerseys...

Alright back to reality.

Hmm...a navy cap with the ball and glove logo. Interesting idea...I don't really like it, but it is interesting.

It is just an alternate jersey I don't think it means much. These alternate jerseys are like little jump starts to jersey sales. It is just a new look to bring a little interest. I don't envision a full out rebranding type move.

yeah the brewers clearly announce a new jersey each season to increase sales. I also don't think it will lead to a full rebranding, because if so, then the brewers would have done what the blue jays and astros did and just make a full time change to a modern retro look.

I'd also like to add this doesn't give the Brewers too many jerseys. They are actually going down in jersey total. This will replace the gold jersey AND the road navy.

Yeah, this doesn't bother me, though I didn't mind the gold jerseys. I actually do like the look of this one. It's similar to a mockup a poster has done on here in the past.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am a fan of the way that this jersey looks but am not a huge fan of having a ton of "alternate" jerseys generally speaking. I am inclined to think that this is perhaps a soft launch of re-branding and have to imagine that it will likely coincide for when we get to be contenders again in 2018 or so. The current log, while not awful, has been in place as long as the old ball and glove logo at this point.

I'm not a fan of the ball and glove logo as an alternate at all. It just keep going back to the golden years of the team because our history is so crappy. Either switch to the ball and glove logo full time (I actually like this version with the yellow and navy) or ditch it completely.

I'm not a fan of the ball and glove logo as an alternate at all. It just keep going back to the golden years of the team because our history is so crappy. Either switch to the ball and glove logo full time (I actually like this version with the yellow and navy) or ditch it completely.

Our recent history with the current logo has been less crappy (at least somewhat), so I'd kind of hate to see them ditch the current logo. I'm OK with the throwback alternate, but not sure I'd like to see the team go back to it permanently.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am ready for the full bore modern retro rebrand. Ridding the team of the shimmery gold and replacing it with yellow is a great start. In terms of the royal blue (retro) versus navy blue (current), I could care less as long as it uses the ball and glove as the main logo.

Ultimately, I have always longed for the home jersey to be pinstripe with the ball and glove logo over the heart, similar to the Yankees "NY" home jersey. A modern retro classic that I could see being in place for decades.

Love the ball-and-glove logo in the navy and yellow colors; to me it's way better than the royal blue and yellow. I'll definitely be getting a couple caps with that on. (Though I'd really like to see it in navy and gold.)

If they went to this new setup as the permanent logo, I could get on board with it. But there is something classy about the current "M" and barley logo that would be lost if the switch is made. The current logo is good looking on clothing besides caps. Not sure if the same is true about the ball-and-glove.

But there is something classy about the current "M" and barley logo that would be lost if the switch is made. The current logo is good looking...

Agreed with the M with barley. By itself it is a classic. However, this is the only redeeming quality of the current brand. The jerseys with the awkward and inconsistent script placement, the Times Roman numeral font, the shimmery gold....all lack anything memorable and I for one will be glad when the current jerseys and logo have been fully relegated to Brewer history.

But there is something classy about the current "M" and barley logo that would be lost if the switch is made. The current logo is good looking...

Agreed with the M with barley. By itself it is a classic. However, this is the only redeeming quality of the current brand. The jerseys with the awkward and inconsistent script placement, the Times Roman numeral font, the shimmery gold....all lack anything memorable and I for one will be glad when the current jerseys and logo have been fully relegated to Brewer history.

You can incorporate old and new. Have the ball and glove logo in a circle with barely leaves on the bottom left end right of the circle.

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2016/01/26/brewers-unveil-new-alternate-logo-navy-blue-jersey-will-be-worn-most-sundays-at-home-and-on-the-road/

#1 - i don't know how they can say this is a new alternative jersey

#2 - they have way too many jerseys - 7 full time ones now.

#3 - i wonder if this means the are getting any closer to a full rebranding. seems silly to introduce new jerseys every 1-2 seasons, but still keep the main logo and jersey.

overall, i guess i am OK with this. I like blending in the past with the future, i just wish the brewers would do something like this full time.

EDIT: seems like the road Milwaukee and yellows are obsolete.

thank god! those yellows are TERRIBLE!

With the rebuild & changing directions of the franchise, Brewers should have a rebrand to follow the new wave. Brewers aren't a "Tradition" team like Cardinals, Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. and like the Bucks use a rebrand to aid in adding excitement to the future.

Say we get Gallo for Lucroy, we have Gallo,Arcia, Phillips, Lopez, Hader, and other guys coming as our future we are selling....like Astros did, rebrand around it. 2017 if 1st option. Otherwise our big wave (R+ to Wisconsin) should be pushing to join Arcia & gang by 2019 where we should be real competitive again. 2019 would be the next rebrand option.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Didn't some poster here design these very same jerseys a few years ago when we were discussing changing the uniforms? Unfortunately, there's still not enough use of the Milwaukee Braves "M" in Brewers colors for me.

That's what I thought when I saw these as well. Someone had drawn up the retro cap but used the modern color scheme and it looked sharp. The only difference here is that they are using the retro yellow instead of the gold, but I think I like the contrast here with the yellow and navy better anyways. It looks pretty good.

Gruber Lawffices

I am a huge fan of the Astros rebrand and how they kind of mixed the past with a new spin. A lot like what the Bucks did with their rebrand. Bring back the traditional green of the bucks, throwing the cream to represent the "Cream City" history and blue for the great lakes. The last two are represented the city, the green represented the rich Bucks history. I am hoping the Brewers go this route. Never been a big fan of the dark navy blue and gold

These are interesting, at least the concept and different logo idea.

9316348867_6c820b4231_k.jpg

Maybe they should hire the D Backs designers or the Oregon designers. Get the Oregon people over here and will will have bandwagon fans everyone on looks alone.

Might as well appeal to the younger generation.

(Yes I am not serious)

Maybe they should hire the D Backs designers or the Oregon designers. Get the Oregon people over here and will will have bandwagon fans everyone on looks alone.

(Yes I am not serious)

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Brewer fans will buy stuff no matter what it is because we are Brewer fans. Brewers unlike Packers, are lucky that they do not have tradition to stick to & can rebrand anyway they want. I see nothing wrong with bandwagon fans, doubling merchandising sales, & bringing in the younger generations. I have liked Marlins since my early teens in large part due to their jerseys (Josh Beckett & Miguel Cabrera helped that). DBacks, Rays, Giants, Rockies (when they started the vest jersey trend) are some other teams I like better due their branding. That and way they develop their own players. I like Astros a whole lot better since their rebrand. Never underestimate the good a great rebrand, color scheme, logo & design can do.

(Yes I am not serious)

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Brewer fans will buy stuff no matter what it is because we are Brewer fans. Brewers unlike Packers, are lucky that they do not have tradition to stick to & can rebrand anyway they want. I see nothing wrong with bandwagon fans, doubling merchandising sales, & bringing in the younger generations. I have liked Marlins since my early teens in large part due to their jerseys (Josh Beckett & Miguel Cabrera helped that). DBacks, Rays, Giants, Rockies (when they started the vest jersey trend) are some other teams I like better due their branding. That and way they develop their own players. I like Astros a whole lot better since their rebrand. Never underestimate the good a great rebrand, color scheme, logo & design can do.

I sure wouldn't mind a rebrand or a modern movement. I just know some people would lose their minds if they went that direction. For me the current uniforms are nothing amazing. I don't hate them, but they aren't amazing by any means. I know a lot of people hate the Brewers font/script, but I don't mind it that much.

I guess it would be easier to make such an opinion if I/we could see what a new logo/scheme looks like. A lot of teams have tried to change and flopped...mainly teams in the NFL.

Archived