Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Trade Value Top Ten

as discussed in the thread, it is not about who is better, but who has greater trade value to a team- meaning, who could bring back the greatest return in a trade- which takes into consideration length and size of contract, age, as well as performance. a lot can would actually depend on a team's need, and a team's contention or nor, but this exercise, I believe tries to assume it is neutral.

Braun is due around 20 mil a year for the next four years. a fair contract if he continues to stay healthy, but that is a big IF. regardless, teams would not be willing to trade much for braun, unless we ate some of his contract- so not a huge amount of trade value to the brewers.

although LuCroy is having a monster year on a team friendly contract, he is only under contract for one more year. I think Villar vs Lucroy is very close and could go either way, but I don't think its that absurd that a team may prefer a 25 year old, soon to be All-Star SS, who is only making $500K and under team control for an additional four years.

Although his cost controlled element is a nice benefit, I really don't think 2 months of good play makes a guy who was worth a Cy Sneed 2 months ago into someone who is going to fetch us as good of a return or better than Lucroy.

I also didn't get from the OP that we had to assume that we were eating no salary, but if so, I can understand why you kept Braun out of your list, even though I think he's well worth the money.

I also don't think Knebel is anywhere near our most valuable reliever, but obviously, you're valuing control very highly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Current top 10:

1. Lucroy

2. Nelson

3. Arcia

Drop off

4. Braun - someone will want him if he can play for another month of .850 ops.

5. Villar - another couple of months and this will jump

6. Davies

7. Jeffress - proven that the closer role doesn't bother him

8. Thornburg

9. Smith - needs more innings before teams will be confident to acquire

10. Santana - Could be Carter if he has another hot streak sooner than later

Archived