Brewer Fanatic

MLB TV settlement

craigharmann
FSGO has been crap tonight. Pictures goes away and sound stays. Sound gets lagged behind picture that keeps freezing. Both stop randomly. Haven't had any issues with it this year until tonight.

Same here. Not sure if I'm glad it's not just me...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tmobile is offering free MLBTV Premium for subscribers this year :)

I just discovered this.

Login to tmobile.com/mlb while on the network (not connected to wifi). Tmobile gave away the audio streaming in past years, awesome they are giving away mlb.tv this year.

Just signed up today, and while it's a bummer I can't get Brewers games, I'm excited that I can finally watch the playoffs without finding a streaming site that works, getting through all those popups, hooking up my laptop to the tv, etc etc.

Tonight I got home and just trying it out watched part of Wednesdays Brewers game (you can watch the archived games), Half of the Red Sox/Blue Jays, and then when that was a blowout turned on Twins/Royals.

Now, can I watch MLB Network too through this or do I need a cable provider? It'd be awesome to watch highlights before going to bed. I haven't had cable in about 8 years, and having this ability is very exciting.

For those that have t-mobile, you have until the 10th to sign up I believe. It's also way easier to download the app through the Play Store than through the t-mobile site.

This Fox Sports Go is absolutely brutal. How in the world can they not figure out how to stream games better in 2016 is beyond me. Paying them enough, that's for sure.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I've used FSGO a lot in the past year, primarily for streaming Bundesliga soccer. I've found that it runs best on my Android tablet and worst on my computer. I do think it's quite a bit buggier than the WatchESPN app and the NBCSports app.

It has been working fine thus far. The main issue right now is it is a seperate subscription so it costs $40 a month if you want ESPN, ESPN2 as well as Fox Sports. You can pay $20 if you just want Fox and not ESPN. Hope they can work it out and it gets cheaper but still much cheaper than cable.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I haven't looked into it much, but do any of these come with Big10 Network?

Playstation Vue comes with BTN, but (as of yet) does not have Fox sports midwest/FSN. It has FS1 and FS2, but it doesn't carry the Brewers games. I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN360, 3 different feeds of the BTN, and FS1/2, but just no Brewers games.

I am a current Sling subscriber and have just signed up for the extra stream today. Will report back.
I signed up for the 7 day free trial. You have to take the base package for $20 plus the package with FSN for another $20. I couldn't sign up for just the package with FSN. The good news though, you can watch the second package on 3 devices at once. The base is a single stream service only.

I live on the Minnesota border just inside Wisconsin, so my FSN was FSN North which was showing the Wild game. However, you also get 4 FSN North alternative channels and one of those was FSN Wisconsin. So I could watch the Brewers last night. Interestingly I could also watch the Twins feed of the Brewers on another alternate FSN. This is intriguing because in the past when I had cable or DirecTV the Twins games were always blacked out. So SlingTV might be violating the MLB blackout rules. But being able to watch all Twins plus Brewers games nearly doubles the value if you are a baseball fan. You also get FS1 with the second package.

The quality was outstanding on my computer. I have an AppleTV (unfortunately) connected to my TV and they have no intention of adding a SlingTV app, so I may need to get Roku. If you pay for 3 months of SlingTV in advance they give you a free Roku2. I've done many free trials of Sling, including during the first week of the NCAA tournament, using different email accounts. The picture quality is excellent, though it does have that "streaming" look as opposed to a live cable feed.

I signed up for the 7 day free trial. You have to take the base package for $20 plus the package with FSN for another $20.

This is not correct. I was able to switch my original subscription to the beta only one. You have to first select both packages and only then can you unselect the original subscription.

Also it seems that the beta package gives you FSN north. Does this mean that I will be unable to watch brewer games once they are done playing the twins? It is confusing because the channel says FSN north yet I was watching the Brewers broadcast last night.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I called MLB.TV about it's Follow Your Team feature, which is still listed as "Coming Soon" on its website. This is the feature that would let you watch the opponent's broadcast of your home team. They're saying it should be available next month, possibly around the All Star game.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived