Brewer Fanatic

What are you looking forward to the most with this team in 2016?

RobDeer 45

I am looking forward to following the minor league players and looking forward to the BF.net user power 30. I don't know enough about many of the players but enjoy reading about them. I find that thread to be one of the best reads you can find on this site. Those who know the minor leagues on this site are some of our best posters. Job well done to all you minor league posters.

I will also look forward to following trade rumors and as others have said watching the individual performances. Could Krush hit 40? Maybe. I also look forward to the "take a flyer on him" guys. Hope they hit on a few. Rebuilds are tough but so is being almost good enough to make the playoffs every year.

I'm looking forward to (or at least hoping for) a lack of shabby play. Avoiding stupidity and slop is possible even if there's a lack of talent.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am looking forward to following the Link Reports! ...well to be fair that's every year ;)

As healthy as the Brewers system is currently, I expect it to only continue to grow deeper and more rich with top-end talent over the next couple of years. That thought excites me.

Regarding the big league club specifically, YoungGeezy hit on it. I am intrigued to see how many of the young players perform because the odds are at least some of them will develop into good major leaguers.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Probably sounds a bit sentimental but I am just looking forward to good weather, green grass, sunshine, and baseball being played again. Oh yeah, here's to also tracking time until the development and rebuilding process is over and we are competitive again.

I'm looking forward to watching the AAA team for a weekend series, Santana getting 500 ABs, Davies toeing the rubber every 5th day and watching young guys like Villar, Broxton on a regular basis as well as some PT from Walsh. Off the field I'm excited about everything Stearns has done and looking forward to more trades (Lucroy, Davis, etc hopefully before the season) and signings as well as how/who they draft. In a down season coming up there's plenty of intrigue for me

Baseball being played. Football season is now over. Spring, then Summer the Weather! Favorite time of the year as a Brewer fan. I'll sacrifice watching some games to play softball. It's not one thing to look forward to on the team. No I in Team. I'm looking forward to who breakouts from the Pitching staff at Starters. Who cements the role for Closer. Who breaksout as a position player.

Truth is, the team has such a poor outlook from everyone, it's going to be good when any player shines this year because shining of any type isn't expected.

We've got the draft and International Signings. So much talent in the lower minors. I expect every month to be able to gloat about somebody whether it's in the minors or the majors. Youth movement I guess is what I'm excited about.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
LIterally everything. The fact that it's not business as usual. The fact that we're not going to try to squeeze one more year out of an ancient veteran core and signing another mid tier, 33 year old veteran starter to a contract in which he'll be super terribad at the end of it.

I expect the tailgate parties in the parking lot to be epic, as always.

As far as the product on the field, I've lowered my expectations to the point to where I only look forward to them being better than what we had back in 2002. That was the low point in my forty years of Brewer fandom and it can't possibly get any worse than that, can it?

Seeing my baseball friends again in the Molitor Lot... all those rabble rousers, hecklers, and grillers.

Firing up my tiny grill and making amazing food for family and friends.

That feeling on a summer evening, while cracking open a good beer and biting into a brat and knowing there's really nowhere else I'd rather be at that moment.

Sitting at a game with my Dad while he questions "Who the heck is that guy?" and having my Mom chirp in and explain it to him (I'm not sure when she became a diehard fan, sometime during 2008, I think).

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

looking forward to the Brewers going with 5 Youngsters in there Rotation and have success.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/matt-garza-31514.jpg

32 years and counting!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm looking forward to watching and following the young possibly future studs of our team in Arcia, Phillips, Santana, and Jorge Lopez.

I'm excited to see a full season with Counsell as manager, and hopefully Stearns continuing to rebuild w/ trading Lucroy, Braun and Garza. If they rebuild their trade value.

Archived