Brewer Fanatic

Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Latest: Upgrades confirmed in San Antonio's Stadium

crickets
Just a quick recap on where things stand currently for 2019 Triple-A affiliations.

These four organizations are likely changing cities...

Brewers

A’s

Rangers

Nationals

With the four destination cities being...

Fresno

Las Vegas

San Antonio

Nashville

It does appear that Fresno remains the most likely match for the Brewers at this point.

Am I correct in saying that the biggest negative in any of these cities is Fresno having a super small/limited airport?

Yeah, either that or the hitter-friendly environment in Vegas; not sure if they're doing anything with the new stadium there to try to mitigate that. I've heard the facilities aren't great in San Antonio, but that will almost certainly be the Rangers' issue to deal with.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a quick recap on where things stand currently for 2019 Triple-A affiliations.

These four organizations are likely changing cities...

Brewers

A’s

Rangers

Nationals

With the four destination cities being...

Fresno

Las Vegas

San Antonio

Nashville

It does appear that Fresno remains the most likely match for the Brewers at this point.

Am I correct in saying that the biggest negative in any of these cities is Fresno having a super small/limited airport?

Yeah, either that or the hitter-friendly environment in Vegas; not sure if they're doing anything with the new stadium there to try to mitigate that. I've heard the facilities aren't great in San Antonio, but that will almost certainly be the Rangers' issue to deal with.

My guess is if Nashville becomes open (ie no agreement with Oakland), they will partner with the Nationals...

With San Antonio going to Texas, its then down to Fresno or Vegas for the Crew & A's/ Nationals (1 of them will be in Nashville)..

Frenso was with Oakland from 1973 - 1976. they alo worked with the Brewers in 1997 (per Wiki).

It isn't very far from Oakland (under a 3 hr drive). It would make some sense to connect with Oakland again.. But, time will tell.

Also, as noted back in November, it appears Wichita is very close to announcing something minor league baseball related (they are bring an affiliated minor league team to Wichita and planning a new ballpark): New details in Wichita baseball push

The natives are growing restless in Wichita while waiting for more details on their baseball future: We’re waiting on baseball’s future in Wichita. Fans deserve an update

Not just “at Night” anymore.

my hope is its Nashville again... only because it keeps the top 3 MiLB teams in close proximity

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I like Nashville as it is closer to Biloxi and a more neutral park, but if the Crew can't get back to Nashville, then Las Vegas would be okay for the reasons others have outlined.

I assume some bridges were probably burned when Nashville spurned us and we got stuck in CS ??...

that was melvin not sterns. I can't see Mark A holding a grudge to get an affiliate much closer to Milwaukee in a new park. The brewers minor league system is significantly better than it was when indy left us. Nashville is my #1 choice, but if its Fesno thats OK with me.

The way Sterns uses AAA, this would make so much sense if players are going to shuffle back and forth all season.

well if winning is the only criteria for Nashville management; the sky sox have a better record than the sounds and the shuckers have a better record than midland in the 1st half and currently in the 2nd, albeit in in different leagues.

During the Nationals game ( pre game ) they talked about their minor leauge affiliations ,they expect Nashville to be their AAA team next year ,talked about how they expect something to be finalized soon.

I live on the West coast and from what I've read here in Tucson, Arizona, its Oakland to Vegas and Milwaukee to Fresno.

However, there is an ownership group here in Tucson that wants to buy a club and bring it back here (the old Tucson AAA franchise went to Reno). I doubt that happens until 20201, however.

During the Nationals game ( pre game ) they talked about their minor leauge affiliations ,they expect Nashville to be their AAA team next year ,talked about how they expect something to be finalized soon.

The Nationals in Nashville feels like a strong possibility, though it's not anything they can finalize until late September.

The Nationals in Nashville feels like a strong possibility, though it's not anything they can finalize until late September.

Agreed how ever we both know an agreement can be made privately and then “finalized “ in September.

It is pretty simple honestly.

Milwaukee-Fresno

Washington-Nashville

Oakland-Las Vegas.

It is whatever I guess. Fresno is a nightmare to get someone from AAA to the MLB level if we are on the East Coast. Honestly though I don't see that being a huge deal often.

Fresno is a nightmare to get someone from AAA to the MLB level if we are on the East Coast. Honestly though I don't see that being a huge deal often.

Fresno has direct non-stop flights to Chicago, Dallas/Ft Worth, Denver, LA & Las Vegas. Getting to any 1 of those should then provide a direct flight to join the team within the USA.

If the club is so concerned about connecting flights, I am sure there is a charter service somewhere in California that would pick up a player (or players) in Fresno & bring them to meet the team.

Agreed how ever we both know an agreement can be made privately and then “finalized “ in September.

Right. Just wanted to emphasis that officially "finalized" is still a month+ away.

Weird that the Nats pre-game show would openly talk about it. I don't know what the penalties are, but I'm sure they want to avoid the appearance of tampering.

• 4 weeks later...
yesterday evening on facebook, i unliked the colorado springs sky sox page. it felt really good doing so.

Isn't it still the Brewers rookie league team?

Yes Colorado Springs will be the Rookie league team but it will be a different name than Sky Sox.

Any internet link with the CS Sky Sox will update to the San Antonio team name & affiliation (once determined).

So this is pretty interesting, as there's finally some movement in the long-rumored Wichita situation:

That future may be affected by an expected announcement this week about the status of a new ballpark at the Lawrence-Dumont Stadium site, as word is that the city has reached an agreement with a Class AAA Pacific Coast League team to move there. As part of the move, the PCL ownership group would buy an existing Class AA Southern League team and move it to their present market. It sounds like the arrangements on the MiLB side are close to final, and we expect an announcement as soon as Thursday.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/09/05/future-of-wichita-baseball-could-become-clearer-soon/

New Orleans is almost certainly the team they're talking about. Can't see the other PCL teams in that region (Nashville, Memphis) moving, and NOLA was almost sold a few years back to the Astros (who were going to move them to the Houston suburbs).

Obviously doesn't help this year, but Wichita would be a nice target the next time around. They currently have a PDC with Miami through 2020.

Archived