Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals

Luke99
And he doesn't have a history of doing this so it's not going to be a big deal for a different GM.

Sure he does, he's said similar things in the past. I knew he was going to have a bad attitude about the rebuild before his latest comments were even reported.

Quotes?

For example, last July:

Luc recently appeared on the Bill Michaels’ Show on the statewide radio network, and was asked a number of questions about the team, this season, and his future in Milwaukee.

“Coming to the field and getting your butt kicked everyday is terrible…for a veteran player,” Lucroy vented about the team’s trying season so far. “It’s hard not to lose confidence (when the team is losing). I’ve been spoiled…I know what it’s like to dominate people as a team, but the last three or four years have been a battle.”

When asked how far away the team was from being a true playoff contender again, Luc also seemed a little irritated. “We can’t afford these huge free agents…we have to rely on our farm system. The system has been depleted because of trades (for CC Sabathia and Zack Greinke), and we haven’t drafted well either…You look at the guys we traded away, guys I came up with…there’s a long list of guys…For me, Ryan Braun was the last first rounder we had to have an impact in the big leagues. That was what, 2005? (S)o hopefully we have some guys coming up soon who can help us out.”

Finally, Milwaukee’s “face of the franchise” was asked about the trade rumors surrounding him and if his future lies in Milwaukee. “You can’t help (and pay attention) when your name is thrown out there,” Lucroy said. “It’s a part of this game. Players switch teams all the time. Whatever happens is going to happen, but I can’t control that…I want to win, and I play this game to win…This game is a business, it’s about making money.” Jonathan was asked about the possibility of retiring in Milwaukee, and his answer was not likely what Brewers’ fans would hope to hear. “I haven’t thought about that (leaving Milwaukee). If that happens, it just means my time is up here. The game is about winning to me, and I want to win, bottom line. We haven’t won…since 2011. I don’t know what the future holds, and we’ll have to see what happens.”

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

96 followers = not a real rumor.

Like I said before, I'm sure some guy with like 50 followers or something has actually posted a rumor that has actually come true but looking at this account, I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be one of them.

I mean, the tweet before the Lucroy, Pirates, Rangers tweet.

#Padres DFA former top OF prospect Rymer Liriano to make room for new SS Alexis Ramierez on the 40 man roster.

Yeah, it could just be a typo but Alexei and Alexis aren't even close on a keyboard.

On January 20th there's a tweet from a "source close to Yoenis Cespedes" that says he will soon be signing a 4+ year deal with speculation that the teams are the Angels, Padres and Mariners. As far as I know, only the Angels of those three teams has been connected to him.

This guy just seems to take rumors and actual signings broken by reputable reporters and then mixes in a few tweets of his own that are pretty far out there in the hopes that one of them sticks so he can be called an insider.

R.E.L.A.X.

Chill out everyone. This forum is to discuss rumors ors which is exactly what the poster brought to the table. At least this person is bringing a rumor to the discussion rather ongoing banter about whether it was right or wrong for Lucroy to say the crap he did. That discussion should be brought to a different thread entirely. This thread is about trade rumors revolving around our catcher. Period!

To me, the bottom line is if the Brewers had given him an 50 or 75 million dollar extension last year at this time, we wouldn't be hearing this from Lucroy. I truly believe that he's trying to force them into a trade to a team that will try to lock him up with a multi year deal. I think it's about money pure and simple, much more so than 'winning'.

That said, I really don't think that these comments have hurt his trade value much... certainly not as much as his performance last season did. The ship has already sailed in regards to getting a king's ransom back for him if you ask me.

I don't think his comments have hurt is value much at all, but on the other hand they more so definitely did not enhance his trade value. So if his comments moved the needle either way, it was down. Again, probably not much, but every little bit hurts.

OTOH, I also am extremely confident that Lucroy will be moved regardless. I wouldn't rule out a Lucroy/Braun package. Either of the Texas teams in the AL make some sense... I could see George Springer in addition to AJ Reed coming back if it were to the Astros.

R.E.L.A.X.

Chill out everyone. This forum is to discuss rumors ors which is exactly what the poster brought to the table. At least this person is bringing a rumor to the discussion rather ongoing banter about whether it was right or wrong for Lucroy to say the crap he did. That discussion should be brought to a different thread entirely. This thread is about trade rumors revolving around our catcher. Period!

Hey, I'm not censoring anybody. I enjoy reading people's takes on a possible Pittsburgh trade, even if it's not something that makes sense or will ever happen.

I just wanted to clarify to people reading the thread who may not have clicked through that this is not an actual rumor, but is just a troll account making something up. It's not even an issue of credibility (there is a discussion in another thread about a Braun trade to Houston based on a forum user's post that is most likely baseless, but at least it's a rumor), these twitter things are just patently made up.

To me, the bottom line is if the Brewers had given him an 50 or 75 million dollar extension last year at this time, we wouldn't be hearing this from Lucroy. I truly believe that he's trying to force them into a trade to a team that will try to lock him up with a multi year deal. I think it's about money pure and simple, much more so than 'winning'.

Yah I really wonder if he is just mad the Brewers had no interest in an extension. If winning was so important why was he asking the Brewers for an extension? Lucroy was hoping to cash in on his unrepeatable season, got denied, and followed it up with an average season. Now his chance to cash in big has passed if he can't bounce back.

I don't know Jonathan Lucroy is a whole lot of talk. Wants to win, but was a major reason of the 2014 collapse July/August and last year in the first half. Sure wouldn't bother me as much if he was pulling his own weight.

I don't think his comments have hurt is value much at all, but on the other hand they more so definitely did not enhance his trade value. So if his comments moved the needle either way, it was down. Again, probably not much, but every little bit hurts.

Agreed.

If there is any truth to that rumor above that the Pirates have interest in Lucroy, I would imagine they would use him a good amount of the time at 1st base, as well as behind the plate.

R.E.L.A.X.

The Luc interview would have been a definite fit for the Major Leagues forum. But it would have been discussed in this topic anyway, which would have resulted in topics that duplicate each other. Also, a split to address that now would be too complicated as there are individual posts that address both the comments and trade proposals.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Great site for Ranger news but here's an interesting new top 10 list for the Rangers. Interesting that Matuella isn't on the list. Also the rise of Jurado who has the Bb/9 skills of Ortega but has ability to K batters, tops out at 95 now with a heavy sinking 2 seam.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I came across an article from an A's fan who proposed this trade.

A’s get: C – Jonathan Lucroy

Brewers receive: SS/CF – Franklin Barreto, 3B/1B – Renato Nunez, and LHP – Dillon Overton

Do not take this transaction personally. Obviously this trade proposal is a bit extreme, and heavily favors Milwaukee. However, from a front office perspective, you’d have to believe that it would take this type of package to get Lucroy to suit-up for the green and gold. A’s GM David Forst could easily swap out Barreto for Manaea. Ultimately, he’d have to be content parting ways with his top-hitting or pitching prospect.

Aside from Garin Cecchini, the Brewers don’t have much depth at the hot corner, which is why Nunez would be the perfect candidate to be packaged, based on his raw-power and strong arm alone. Milwaukee appears to have enough arms in the rotation and bullpen to suffice for the 2016 campaign; although Dillon Overton would ultimately sweeten the deal and thus be enough real estate to send Lucroy to Oakland.

http://swinginas.com/2016/01/23/jonathan-lucroy-perfect-fit-oakland-athletics/

@WiscoSportsNut

Sean Manaea, Matt Olson, & low level high ceiling type would be my favorite but that is a pretty fair offer in my opinion. Barreto & Nunez are to very good gets. Barreto & Arcia would be a great combo at 2B/SS. Nunez adds good competition at 3B. A lot of power, solid D. Some may prefer Chapman though.

I just think when healthy Manaea is a dominate lefty force & Olson's power and ability to walk 110+ a season has me drool. He can stay a .250 hitter and still OBP around .400.

From Dallas Morning New

Question: I love the idea of trading for a veteran catcher like Lucroy, but what kind of prospect package would we have to give up? The hamels trade was deep, so I'm not sure how I feel about giving up more for Lucroy. That being said, I think he really could help us get over the hump heading towards the postseason.

Gerry Fraley: Start with Mazara or Brinson. Add a pitcher: Jurado or Mendez possibly. Add one of many good young shortstops in the system and one more lower-level prospect pitcher. Lucroy is a bigger chip for the Brewers than Braun. Plus, the new GM will want to make a significant splash with his first major move.

The thing is we don't really have depth at SS. Outside of Arcia there is no guy who projects as a possible starter. Yes both Lata/Gatewood will move somewhere else. Villar really isn't a starter as far as anyone can see and Y. Rivera is nothing special.

Why not acquire a guy a long way off or a player who could possibly do well at 2B?

This is what I would ask Texas for....

Lucroy for

5. Ortiz RHP 20 years old Big Boy would drop in Appleton

6. Cordell 3B/SS/CF 23 years old, has power, would start in A+ or AA

11. Morgan 3B/SS 20 years old, hits for a good average, Starts in Appleton

19. DeLeon SS 19 year old switch hitter, would be A+ SS in 2016, the one that I want!!!

27. Trevino C 23 years old, has power, We just need catchers

This fills a lot of holes, mainly at 3B.

just my notes on some intriguing prospects being brought up here...Brinson is a top 50 guy, Cordell may be top 500...Cordell's name is being brought up way too much...I think Ortiz would be my favorite 2nd piece to get in a deal, but if he is the 1st? oy....I love Renato Nunez' bat and think he is going to mash - 23 rbi's in his last 10 games last year also suggests that - but he regressed at 3rd last year and it is one of the main reasons A's started playing Olson in the OF last year, as they think the two of them cannot coexist on the infield...Jurado is a divisive prospect...some think he has over-performed, some think he is just growing into his stuff

Brinson is projected with 30/30 upside and a plus defender. We don't have anyone in our system near that. Brinson in LF, Philips in CF and Santana in RF would be one awesome young OF. If you could pair him with one of their top arms like Tate, Ortiz or Matuella and 2 other prospects I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Never make trades based on needs with prospects, you take the best players available. Now if you are getting an MLB ready SS when you already have Arcia, that's unnecessary unless you plan to move them over to 2b or 3b. That fact we have Arcia doesn't play a role at all if we are going to bring in a 19year old SS who is 4+ years away.

Cordell fills absolutely zero holes expect a future 4th OF. He is old for levels and high desert numbers are greatly inflated.

Ortiz's weight scares me more than Mutuella's arm

Jurado & Mendez seem to fit the DS type. Both have control of the strike zone already. Mendez is still much more greener & projectable but Jurado knows exactly what he is doing & is more than a soft tossing control guy. 19 & starting to flash 95 with 4 seamer.

Brinson in RF with Santana in LF I think would look nice. Brinson & Maverick are legit CF defenders. Mazara is being hailed as the next huge thing so I don't we get him.

Washington looks like a good fit for Lucroy. They also have a bunch of young catching prospects.

None of which are can't miss prospects so we would need something more substantial in return.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived