Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals

Luke99
  • Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now the Rangers are interested in Norris of the SDP. I think that is a smoke screen. I really think they want Lucroy as a first option, they are just playing with us , so they don't have to give back as much.

Agree. Which means TX should trade for Norris if they don't want to give up something good in return for something good. Not saying Norris isn't good but he's no Lucroy

Luc went yard today. He's an exceptional player - I think someone is going to pony up what Stearns wants sooner than later.

Lucroy looks 100% healthy; is swinging the bat very well. You'd think someone would pull the trigger and offer what Stearns wants

Luc went yard today. He's an exceptional player - I think someone is going to pony up what Stearns wants sooner than later.

Lucroy looks 100% healthy; is swinging the bat very well. You'd think someone would pull the trigger and offer what Stearns wants

All it takes is one harmless looking foul tip and he's done. He needs to be moved sooner rather later.

All it takes is one harmless looking foul tip and he's done. He needs to be moved sooner rather later.

Or an errant suitcase.

Absolutely. Ken Rosenthal said during game today that he'll be traded by the break. But he needs to be traded ASAP simply because it only takes one foul ball off his head to put his stock on the burner. Problem is if Stearns doesn't budge at all and neither does the other team then you're in a pickle vs the time crunch

Luc is clearly healthy and in All Star form which means his value is at its peak. You guys are right. A foul tip or twisted ankle ends our ability to make a game changing trade for him.

Undoubtedly there are 3-6 teams highly interested in him. The Brewers should tell those teams they are conducting an auction with it closing on opening day.

If Lucroy really wants out, he's doing exactly what he should... be a good teammate, helping the young guy who will eventually be the Brewer catcher, ask for as many PAs as you can get, and play really well.

I agree we should trade him soon, and we should be able to get a big return for him.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Looks like the Rangers are interested in the Padres catcher Norris, probably much cheaper to obtain prospect wise. If I was Stearns, I would make a phone call to San Diego and see if they are interested in trading us Hedges or Bentacourt. That would net us another catcher for the organization, and probably make San Diego much less willing to deal another catcher to the Rangers, which would hopefully bring them back to the table for Lucroy. Win-win.
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Looks like the Rangers are interested in the Padres catcher Norris, probably much cheaper to obtain prospect wise. If I was Stearns, I would make a phone call to San Diego and see if they are interested in trading us Hedges or Bentacourt. That would net us another catcher for the organization, and probably make San Diego much less willing to deal another catcher to the Rangers, which would hopefully bring them back to the table for Lucroy. Win-win.

Smart Man!

Continued here:

Lucroy Trades/Proposals (part 2)

In order to maintain board performance, I've closed off this topic and split the last few posts into a new thread. Feel free to continue any discussion from this topic in the new thread.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived