Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Trades/Proposals

Luke99

I like the Rays as a trade partner for Lucroy. However, I prefer Brent Honeywell as the headliner to the deal over Blake Snell, as I think he will be better in the long term.

Proposal:

C Jonathan Lucroy

for 3 future pieces

#1 RHP Brent Honeywell

#2 1B Jake Bauers or 1B Casey Gillaspie

#3 3B/SS Daniel Robertson or 3B/1B Richie Shaffer or RHP Jacob Faria or RHP Cameron Varga

We match up well if we can find a top of the rotation arm and a couple of CI prospects. With Shaffer, Gillaspie, Bauers and Robertson, the Rays could even afford to give up two of these type players in a trade.

If we could interest the Rangers, I'd be happy with two players:

3B/OF Joey Gallo

RHP Luis Ortiz

They are considering extending Beltre at 3B, so I could see Gallo finally expendable.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Sort of off topic but sort of not......

If Luc gets traded, is Pinto added to the 40 man to be Maldonado's platoon mate? PInto's always had a bat that will play, and his ZIPS projections are actually pretty decent. I know he's got a not-that-great glove but he's shown he can hit, and he has some power, and he takes his walks.

They just took Pinto off of the roster, so my guess is no. Guessing they would just have an open competition amongst NRIs to secure the backup catcher role/a 40-man spot.

Also think it's not impossible that if Lucroy is traded, Stearns already has an idea about/frameworks for deals regarding backup catchers on other teams who may be more skilled than the ones currently in the Brewers' employ.

Sign me up in a heart beat for a Lucroy 4 Honeywell, Bauer, Faria deal! That'd be a no brainer in a second.

Brinson/Jurado over Gallo/Ortiz for me. Gallo can't make contact & Ortiz will eat himself out of baseball before 25

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

They just took Pinto off of the roster, so my guess is no. Guessing they would just have an open competition amongst NRIs to secure the backup catcher role/a 40-man spot.

Also think it's not impossible that if Lucroy is traded, Stearns already has an idea about/frameworks for deals regarding backup catchers on other teams who may be more skilled than the ones currently in the Brewers' employ.

Wouldnt it be the catcher we picked up from Detroit in the KRod deal? I just assumed we picked him up to be the back up to Maldy once the Luc deal happens.

I agree with this. Pinto is my personal favorite for non-rational fan reasons. But no one really has much of a lead on the others. I'm sure they will be evaluated in ST (not just stats, but how they work personally with the pitchers) and chosen from there. And to be honest, I'd guess all of them (including Maldonado) would be thrown in the same ring for the starting job. I doubt Maldy is just handed that job.

From the Rangers, the pitcher I have a feeling on is Ariel Jurado.

Yes. Outside of one of Profar/Mazara/Brinson/Tate for the main piece (I'd prefer Profar), Ariel Jurado is THE 2nd piece I need. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Rangers' Top 5 at mid-season. He seems like the kind of pitcher Stearns likes too: 90-93mph sinker, nice curve and change, great control/command for a 20-year old.

I could go for a Pedro Payano (RHP) throw-in as the 3rd piece too.

Seems like he found the right attitude about being on a garbage team.

I (as others) appreciate his candor. But I think he can say what he wants and still be diplomatic about it. I think he's realized being in a clubhouse full of guys would be difficult when you say "I don't want to be on this team because they really suck"

He didn't back down from his statement. He says "I have no regrets about what I said, I was just being honest", but he does say he has a new mindset, is excited about helping the young guys out, and wants to just get on the field, play ball, and knows that the Brewers have great fans, win or lose.

Fair. Truthful. Diplomatic.

We'll see how it plays out.

Seems like he found the right attitude about being on a garbage team.

I (as others) appreciate his candor. But I think he can say what he wants and still be diplomatic about it. I think he's realized being in a clubhouse full of guys would be difficult when you say "I don't want to be on this team because they really suck"

He didn't back down from his statement. He says "I have no regrets about what I said, I was just being honest", but he does say he has a new mindset, is excited about helping the young guys out, and wants to just get on the field, play ball, and knows that the Brewers have great fans, win or lose.

Fair. Truthful. Diplomatic.

We'll see how it plays out.

His main problem was the way it came across. That he thought the Brewers would suck, didn't want to suck, and more complaining.

He still admitted they will be bad this year in his new comments, but had a more positive outlook to it. Like he would actually be apart of the team and help the team. His original comments he didn't really emphasize that and made his comments look bad. Now you see him excited to help the guy who is to eventually replace him. His new comments will be taken way better.

From the Rangers, the pitcher I have a feeling on is Ariel Jurado.

Yes. Outside of one of Profar/Mazara/Brinson/Tate for the main piece (I'd prefer Profar), Ariel Jurado is THE 2nd piece I need. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Rangers' Top 5 at mid-season. He seems like the kind of pitcher Stearns likes too: 90-93mph sinker, nice curve and change, great control/command for a 20-year old.

I could go for a Pedro Payano (RHP) throw-in as the 3rd piece too.

You my friend have a brilliant mind! Ha same two pitchers I have really focused on. Mendez I wouldn't mind at all or Brett Martin for late throw in. Payano had a stellar breakout year rising from DSL to A ball. Advanced stat stud. I want nothing to do with Ortiz, he'll look like he eat Todd Coffee in a couple of years.

Give me Profar, Brinson, or Tate. Then Jurado or Mendez, then Taveras or Morgan...Martin or Payano if going pitcher

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Astros tried to get Lucroy last month, but nothing could be agreed upon:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/west-notes-rollins-giants-lucroy-astros-angels.html

I have always wondered about the former employee dynamic when it comes to making trades especially a big one like this. The might have called to see if they could get a friendly discount.

Astros tried to get Lucroy last month, but nothing could be agreed upon:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/west-notes-rollins-giants-lucroy-astros-angels.html

Must have been an easy conversation for Stearns. Give me XYZ otherwise lets talk about when/where we are golfing next

Nice seeing Stearns being very smart about moving LUC.

Archived