Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck

Bikeage77

Who's going this year? I'm looking forward to it as I think it's gonna be a lower turnout and less demand to get players. I'm curious to see who the alumni is, as I think that's going to determine the draw.

I could easily see the number of people through the door between last year and this year decrease by 40-50%.

I will be attending again, I think this is like 11 year in a row. Got tickets before that deadline to get a free ticket to a game in April. I mostly go for the main stage stuff with the front office, coaches and players as well as all the vendors who are selling stuff to add to the man cave. But this year I may try for a few autographs depending on who the alumni and prospects that come.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Who's going this year? I'm looking forward to it as I think it's gonna be a lower turnout and less demand to get players. I'm curious to see who the alumni is, as I think that's going to determine the draw.

I could easily see the number of people through the door between last year and this year decrease by 40-50%.

I hope your right. I just wish I knew who would make the 25 man roster.

I could also see a little decline in attendance. A lot of casual fans who may have gone in the past might be upset for the rebuild and not bother with it this season. Will be interesting.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I could also see a little decline in attendance. A lot of casual fans who may have gone in the past might be upset for the rebuild and not bother with it this season. Will be interesting.

You mean the lines wont be long for the likes of Keon Broxton,Coilin Walsh,and Chris Carter?? I am actually looking forward to it as well this year

My wife and I may make the journey to MKE as well to be first timers.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Planning on going for the first time since way back when the event was held at Miller Park.

Any suggestions on things that are "must do and see"? (I'll have the 18-yr old and 10-yr old with me)

i have gone the last few years and enjoy just walking around, looking at the exhibitors, watching the game shows, getting photos with players. i have no interest in standing in line or paying for an autograph.

I am going this year and am pretty pumped up about it. I always love going no matter if the team is good or not. Just a bit of a glimmer of hope that the season is on the way. Also, for those of us that are truly baseball junkies, it's also the same weekend as SABR day so you can pretty much make an entire weekend out of baseball related events in the middle of January. Pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Arcia is still listed on the Brewers website, where is all this ninsense coming from of him being a no-show

I know for sure that Arcia was listed to sign autographs, photo bomb stage, and the Deportes stages. His name has been taken off all those events. He may have been signed up for other events, but other than the list of attendees his name has been removed. Shane Peterson still has his name on the attendees also, but was taken off all of his other events.

Appears Arcia has an illness which is a bummer. Still looking forward to getting Phillips and Trent Clark on some balls, but don't think I will spend a dollar on any autographs this year. 10 bucks for some of those guys, cmon now

I walked away with signed balls from Davies, Villar, Ken Sanders, Paul Wagner, and Larry Hisle (finally). Got cards signed from Broxton, Santanta, Barrios, Agustine, and August. I could've got plenty more, but I wanna see something outta a lot of these guys, and if needed I can get em next year.

I won the lotto for Uecker, but he was only signing cards. Wanted to get his book "Catcher in the Wry" (on hardcover) signed, but I didn't bother asking if he'd make an exception. (Though my wife and others later told me "Authors love to sign their books"), so I'll mail it to him in April.

I also bought a 42 jersey signed by Thornburg (who was really the only player I could make out their sig, tho not the greatest option, just wanted a Jackie Robinson Day jersey), and a Segura SSH bobble.

All in all I had a good day though certainly not my best On Deck with Arcia backing out and Garza not signing at any stage. Was hoping to catch Stearns, but didn't.

How'd you guys do?

Only autograph I went for was Brett Phillips, got him on a ROMLB. If I had brought two balls I would have gone for Greg Vaughn, kind of regret that. Buddy of mine bought a Cirillo game used bat for $70 at the Community Foundation table and then got Jeff to sign it, he also got Vaughn on a ball and got him to inscribe "50 HR's" which was pretty sweet.

I almost brought my Uecker Braves jersey to get signed, glad I didn't since you said he was only signing cards.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived