Brewer Fanatic

2016 Opening Day Lineup (and 2016 Batting Order Discussion)

pacopete4

I'd actually like to see them give Villars as much of a chance as possible. He is one of the few major league guys we acquired that has some upside and maybe that can be realized? I'm wondering if maybe he should be at 3B , his metrics say he is not a SS.

I know it's a long shot but we aren't playing for the pennant so why not?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

No real surprises on the final 25 man

C Lucroy, Maldonado

IF Carter, Gennett, Villar, Hill, Rivera

OF, Braun, Santana, Broxton, Flores, Niewenhuis

SP Peralta, Garza, Anderson, Jungmann, Nelson

RP Jeffress, Blazek, Boyer, Capuano, Pena, Thornburg, Torres.

Probably about what everyone expected, tbh.

I guess CC doesn't care about ST stats with basically flipping Villar and Scooter.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Scooter's starting vs. a lefty, so it would make sense to put him lower in the order.

Talk about a brain fart. Yes makes sense.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

No real surprises on the final 25 man

C Lucroy, Maldonado

IF Carter, Gennett, Villar, Hill, Rivera

OF, Braun, Santana, Broxton, Flores, Niewenhuis

SP Peralta, Garza, Anderson, Jungmann, Nelson

RP Jeffress, Blazek, Boyer, Capuano, Pena, Thornburg, Torres.

Probably about what everyone expected, tbh.

Not a big deal, but you forgot Walsh for the infield.

Will be interesting to see what they do when Knebel and others are ready to come back, or who the first call ups are when guys on the current 25-man get placed on the DL or struggle.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not a big deal, but you forgot Walsh for the infield.

Will be interesting to see what they do when Knebel and others are ready to come back, or who the first call ups are when guys on the current 25-man get placed on the DL or struggle.

Oops, don't know how I missed Walsh. Knebel probably replaces either Torres or Pena, and Smith replaces Capuano (if he makes it back this year, which I'm assuming he will).

Time to start the daily prayer for the 2011-2013 version of Aaron Hill and not the 2015 version...be it for trade purposes or winning game purposes.

I think Hill will be fine. Villar, Broxton, and Carter? I'm not so sure. Neither am I as sold on Santana as Rosiak who had him 3rd in his rankings of Brewer roster. I could be wrong on Santana and he'll blossom. I hope I am, but I have lingering doubts.

Id really like to see a Braun-Reed-Santana OF.

The offense has scored 28 runs in 9 games (while giving up 50). Neither Broxton nor Flores looks like they can cut it as a regular CF and while Reed's D wont be great there, his bat surely would be better than either.

He hasnt played any CF at CS so Im guessing that is not in the Brewers plans but having an offensive black hole at 3B and CF makes it tough to score runs.

Niewenhuis needs a look out there before we go to Reed.

If they are going to let Scooter hit lefties I would like to see:

1. Santana- RF

2. Villar- SS

3. Braun- LF

4. Lucroy- C

5. Carter- 1B

6. Gennett- 2B

7. Whoever at 3b (Hill, Rivera, Walsh)

8. Pitcher or whoever at CF (Broxton, Nieuwenhuis, Flores)

9. Pitcher or whoever at CF (Broxton, Nieuwenhuis, Flores)

• 1 month later...

Still waiting to see our All-Strikeout Super Lineup (2016 K%):

1B- Carter- 32%

2B- Rivera- 38% (once he makes his way back up to MLB)

3B- Walsh- 35% (yes, limited appearances, with limited experience- making him a great candidate to crack the super lineup)

SS- Villar- 25%

RF- Santana- 34%

CF- Broxton- 61% (ok- only 18PA, but his minor league numbers indicate a high propensity to K (2015 in AAA- 28%), and now that he's back with the crew- definitely makes this super lineup)

LF- Nieuwenhuis- 27% (last year was at 34%)

C- LuCroy- 18% (the weak link of the group)

P- C. Anderson- 57%

against the right group of pitchers we could set a new single game strikeout record, easy!

• 2 months later...

Vs LHP:

Villar 5

Arcia 6

Braun 7

Carter 3

Perez 9

Scooter 4

Susac/Pina 2

Broxton 8

Vs RHP

Villar 5

Arcia 6

Braun 7

Carter 3

Scooter 4

Perez 9

Niewenhuis 8

Maldonado 2

Maybe Arcia should bat ninth?

I figured sandwiched between Villar and Braun he would get primo pitches. That's why I would have him there and I think he projects to be a #2 hitter with his speed and decent power.

Archived