Brewer Fanatic

The Hypothetical Hot Start to 2016

Tedaldtada
No offense but people who think the Brewers have a chance to be competitive next year also think the castaways had a chance to get off Gilligan's Island every episode.

Yes I am old.

They could've very easily walked off set so there is a chance.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's always a chance of course but this MLB roster is being built like an expansion team. 28 to 31 year old former prospects that have been released by their previous teams signed on the cheap.

There are still some good players but the likelihood is some will be traded before July 31 and so far this offseason, our guys have been traded for no one meaningful.

This team is all about the next 3-4 drafts.

No offense but people who think the Brewers have a chance to be competitive next year also think the castaways had a chance to get off Gilligan's Island every episode.

Yes I am old.

They could've very easily walked off set so there is a chance.

If I'm Gilligan, I'm not walking away from Ginger and MaryAnne.

Had a dream last night Davies was the opening day starter. Yes to our #5 being Opening Day Starter. Let's do a reverse order on the year and Matchup our #5 vs #1 and our #1 vs their #5. Lose big, eek out winnable games. I've always wondered why this wasn't tried in rotation setups. #1 goes 7IP 1run or less and team loses. Meanwhile #5s becomes battle of bullpens.

• 1 month later...

barring any other major move, i am optimistic about this year's team. in spite of trading away so many veterans for prospects in the rebuild, i think this team is going to surprise a lot of people and surpass most everyone's expectations (especially national pundits). I like that Stearns and Co. haven't completely dismantled the team (despite what many writers are saying), but have added guys like Chance Anderson, Carter, Hill and Niewenhuis as well as young players who are looking for an opportunity to shine like Santana and Liriano to keep the team looking respectable.

there are A LOT of "ifs..." just like last year, but I'd take the odds on most of the "ifs" that people have mentioned. and if even half of them turn in our favor, i think they're going to sport a pretty good team. I'm not saying a playoff contender, but a competitive one, which is more than most see them as. I'd love to see this team jump out to a great start, if nothing else to spite all the haters. with that said, even if we're in spitting distance of the last wild card spot come the trade deadline, i would still look to deal Lucroy, Hill, Garza, Anderson etc if they are playing well and we get a good offer.

KEY IFs:

If Peralta and Nelson take the next step

If Santana comes out big, replacing Davis

If Lucroy, Garza and Braun produce near career norms

If Hill and Carter have bounce back years

If young players like Jungmann, Villar, Liriano, Flores step up in their new roles

If the bullpen pitches as good as last year

• 1 month later...

Archived