Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Howard, Peyton Manning, Others linked to HGH and other drugs

Bombers

I have a better physique at 42 than I had in my 20's. This is because I know a lot more about weight training, consume whey protein shakes after both weight training and cardio and before I go to bed at night, and know more about what nutrition works with my body and what doesn't.

The thing is, back in the day baseball players didn't do weight training. The theory was that weight training made your muscles tight and tight muscles didn't work with baseball. That's false. They used spring training and training camp to get into shape and did very little in the offseason; not the case now. Yes, some people do use PEDs, but the reality is that the comparison used for modern athlete's physiques isn't accurate because weight training, fitness, and nutrition have advanced quite a bit over the last 30 years and is a lot more widespread than it was 30 years ago in baseball.

Please provide some proof of the first sentence in your second paragraph other than just accusations. I believe that PED use was more widespread 10-15 years ago in baseball, but not today, certainly not along the lines of what you say as being "a lot" of them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived