Brewer Fanatic

Herrera back to Dodgers

markedman5

I respectfully disagree. He was a good guy, a decent bench player, and far more productive on at least some positive/constructive offensive level than most Brewers' bench inhabitants over the past decade (not that that says much about the quality of the bench guys, but on the whole he was still better than at least 2/3 of the other guys in his role).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thank you. One of the worst players to wear the uniform is finally gone.

A mediocre bench guy for a few years is far from "one of the worst guys to wear the uniform". Herrera shouldn't have been a starter, but for a bench guy he was versatile and he wasn't terrible.

Kind of funny how earlier this off-season some pundits were predicting that because of Counsell and the Brewer's front office loving him and his role last year that he would likely be the starting third baseman in 2016. Guess that reports of a Herrera era at 3b were a bit overstated.

Good luck to him. He was a decent bench player for us. It wasn't his fault he was asked to be more. I like guys like him who fight and scrap their way to the majors. They spend most of their career toiling in the minors, always worried about getting cut, but persevere. Got to respect guys like that. I hope he carves out a nice little career for himself playing in the role he was meant for.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived